We visited the MBR for 2 weeks in April to meet up with some special friends from New Zealand. We all had a wonderful time!
We liked the location of the hotel because although we visited Patong regularly for the hustle and bustle of a busy tourist town, we loved going back to the relaxed vibe of the MBR. We found the shuttle bus service very useful and got tuk-tuk's back to the hotel when we were ready.
Our rooms were good - overlooking the secluded pool. The breakfast was great - we rarely needed to have lunch because of the great spread available in the mornings. We ate at Littlel tiger and Windsurfer as well as some other places in Patong. Unfortunately the couple of times we ate evening meal (themed buffet) at the hotel we were disappointed at the quality, quantity and selection.
We were on a boat trip and had just arrived back at Phuket Town marina when we were evacuated because of the tsunami warning. The representatives from Phuket Adventures(?) were outstanding. They had an efficient and effective plan and were calm and re-assuring throughout the wait for the all-clear. When we got back to the hotel (at about 10 p.m.) there was a meal laid on by the MBR - a thoughtful touch.
We only have 1 suggestion to make - an on-site laundry would be useful for hotel guests to use especially when it is very humid and difficult to get things dry.
Overall, we had a magical time at MBR and have come home with lots of special memories. We would recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong