2,786 results
All reviews private beach little tiger restaurant pool bar beach grill family massage tri trang beach tuk tuk high tide thai restaurant shuttle bus pool access room happy hour kids club freedom beach the hustle and bustle kids pool main pool
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Such a beautiful resort with such amazing and kind staff. Your general manager is very lucky to have such a great team.. and thank you to the most amazing wedding planner Petchari.. you are one of a kind. You made our day perfect. We will be back soon xx

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
tmay275, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Dear Mel C

Congratulations and thank you for choosing to host your special day at the resort.

Khun Petchari is a special person and she wants to make sure that is a special day for each wedding that is done at the resort.

Best Regards and best of luck for the future

Reviewed February 14, 2017

We returned to The Merlin Beach hotel, now owned by Marriott, and found it to be a little refurbished, ie not finished, but still quite superb. Spotlessly clean, amazing staff and WOW, what awesome swimming pools. Thanks you all for an amazing 2 weeks. See you next year then... !!!!

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a pool entry room in the quiet area
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhilRoberts144

Dear PhilRoberts144

Greetings from Phuket and thank you for choosing to come back again this year to the resort and that you enjoyed and had an amazing 2 weeks stay with us.

The team look forward to see you again next year, until then have a wonderful year ahead

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Newly renovated hotel. Very helpful and speedy check in. The rooms are beautiful and very spacious with huge 50" Samsung TV's all with great views. Room amenities are also in great supply. The staff are extremely friendly and very attentive. Good choice of restaurants. Huge pool area with a slide and children's water play area. Loads of sun beds to choose from and plenty of activities are on offer. Overall a very relaxing and comfortable stay. Recommend.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear Amelia K

Greetings from Phuket

thank you for choosing to stay with us, and that your stay with us was a good one, and you enjoyed the friendly and attentive service and the pool areas and childrent activities

Reviewed February 13, 2017

I have been there for two weeks and had an amazing time. Quiet Zone was peaceful and perfectly relaxing. Absolute love for delicious Breakfast and excellent desserts! We were looking forward to each Dinner wondering which desserts are going to be on Menu. Strawberry Sensation made by Pastry Chef Colin Crowson was my favorite and one of the best desserts I have ever tried! I will go back to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank klara286
tmay275, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Dear klara286

Greetings from Phuket

Thank you for providing the feedback on your stay, and I will certainly pass on your comments to Colin that you were enjoying his desserts.

I certainly look forward to seeing you back in Phuket in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

If you are looking for idyllic sea side resort with beautifully appointed swimming pools, private beach near Patong, Phuket, Thailand for a lazy family vacation and do not have too many plans of visiting other attractions, then this is one of the places we recommend. We stayed at this place for 3 nights/ 4 days on a family vacation (Myself, Wife and two young daughters 9 and 2 years old) and enjoyed thoroughly our stay. We still did some limited sight seeing though (Island Visit - Phi Phi). I started my research very late on the possible places to stay on my vacation plan and zeroed on this property looking at the property details, photo gallery, proximity to Patong, Tarriffs and ofcourse Marriott brand. Some how I missed out on reading the reviews of the property on Trip Advisor till I made the booking. Once the booking was done and when I went through the recent reviews my heart sank. This was a family vacation in two years and there were so many adverse reviews which put me in dilemma whether to go ahead with it or cancel the booking! The main reason that I could gather from guest reviews was, Marriott had recently acquired the resort, it was just being brought up to it's standards and it just opened in time for the holiday season of Dec 2016. So probably there many opening hiccups, though I was not still sure. There was hardly any time left for me to research new places and re plan the whole trip. Once again Looking at the property photos, positive reviews from some of the guests on Trip Advisor and more importantly with blind faith in the Marriott brand that they can't be so bad, went ahead with the trip. The other comforting factor was the responses for the numerous negative reviews on Trip Advisor by the General Manager "Trevor May" and I thought probably under him this property is settling down faster. Right from my pre arrival communication with Pai and Peng at the front office to Natty at the reception desk on arrival day, together the team ensured we had a flawless check in. Our room was ready on our arrival, as per our request and specifications. And we found the room and the upkeep to be very good and to Mariiot's standards. May be they had settled down by now (we checked in third week of January 2017) or because we were upgraded ( I bet on the former though) our experience has been spotless. Contrary to the reviews, we found the room service and house keeping also to be prompt and good barring a mix up on night service request for room upkeep on one of the evenings. Being vegetarians we had our own challenges on the food and we did not try many of the restaurants at the hotel for the same reason. The buffet breakfast could still be improved in terms of quality and spread. Again very few vegetarian options. I suggest the hotel to include couple of Indian vegetarian breakfast options in the buffet, if possible. Coming to the other amenities, as I mentioned earlier, if you do not have too many travel plans, going out, you can just relax and laze around the property. My daughters thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pools, which are big and well maintained. There are three different, beautifully laid out pools, catering to Chlidren, Families and Couples. We found the Beach Grill and Bar by the Beach/Chlidren's pool to be good and also the Poll Bar in the middle of the Central pool. Though the beach is private, clean, less crowded, the disadvantage is, it is small, rocky and because of the Corals you can't swim in the sea comfortably. You also need to watch out for the high tide/low tide times, if you want to spend some good time on the beach. One may have to drive out to Patong beach, if you really want to swim in the sea. The beach sport activities are available, but limited. May be because of the beach condition they can't add more. We found the Kid's lounge also to be good and safe place to let your children play while you have some private time with your spouse. The caretaker, whose name we forget to get, was very good and responsible. We appreciate her care and hospitality. The commute to to Patong town is still a challenge from the Hotel. Though the hotel provides two/three times complimentary pick and drop to/from Patong in shuttle bus, you still need to shell out THB 300 one way, if you hire a private Taxi, which is high for such a short distance. And unfortunately you have no other choices as it appears to be cartelling of local taxis. The Conceirge/Travel desk were ok (not greatly resourceful) in terms of information and arranging sightseeing/tours etc, but we found the tariff to be expensive than if you fix it with some reliable/local travel agent, which will always be the case with such Hotels. Overall we had a very good time staying at the resort and it was worth the money spent. Would like to thank the GM "Trevor May" and his team "Pai", "Peng" and "Natty" for helping us have a great Holiday. And I think the team under "Trevor" is doing a fantastic job and we could experience they have made numerous improvements based on the feedback that they have received from their guest which we had read on travel forums. We will surely recommend this place to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the pool, beach, especially when you are staying with children so that you don't walk a lot
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank IndicTraveller
tmay275, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear IndicTraveller

Greetings from Phuket, and thank you for taking the time of providing feedback on your first family vacation, which I am sure was very well deserved.

It is pleasing to read that you thought staying with us was money worth spent and enable you and your family to have a great holiday. The team is working hard every day to ensure our guests are not disappointed.

We look forward to welcome your family back again, when they choose to stay in Phuket.