2,887 results
All reviews private beach little tiger restaurant beach grill butterfly sanctuary family massage swim up bar tri trang beach tuk tuk high tide thai restaurant shuttle bus pool access room happy hour kids club freedom beach kids pool the hustle and bustle
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

The check in process is tedious. Rooms are nice enough with three different pools and direct access to a private beach. Restaurants are disappointing with few local dishes.
Staff in most areas were friendly.
Reception area difficult to get anything done, lost property request I was left waiting for over 20 min and still not resolved, guest relation girl did not want to deal with such a mundane request and waved me away.....
You sign for everything here but are not given a record and so tally at end of stay to verify is impossible.

If you are looking for a quiet away from the crowds place, this is not it. Family and crowds then this may be for you.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen L
Trevor M, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear Karen L

Greetings from Phuket, we thank you for your comments you found the resort lovely and other feedback, you might have missed the thai restaurant which is open in the evenings which offers all the local favourite dishes

Best Regards

Trevor May

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I booked my holiday through Luxury Escapes,
Buyer beware !
On arrival I was told it would be an extra $750 for peak time, As I had done booking on the phone the agent didnt alert me to this so as an older person treating the family I had to pay this for the 3rooms!! I was godsmacked to say the least,
I could do nothing . The guest manager tried his very best, Luxury escapes did nothing. Had I know. I would never have accepted their “deal”
If you are very fit and have no problem walking this resort is fine but if not then it’s not,
The humidity and distances made it difficult for me,
Pool excellent rooms clean etc,
Patong is not a place of interest,
Distance from Perth not worth a visit for a resort holiday where Bali is much closer.
Not worth changing planes for this one week resort holiday in my opinion

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ruth K
Trevor M, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear Ruth K

Greetings from Phuket, we appreciate you choosing to have a family vacation here but also disappointed that luxury escapes did not inform you and help you with the high season surcharge

Best Regards

Trevor May

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Phuket Mariott, Merlin Beach over 4 nights towards the end of December 2017.

It’s located 5 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Patong beach, which we frequented for shopping, sightseeing and eating out which ranges from super affordable to pricey depending on the style you’re looking for.

The welcome was professional and the staff were well spoken and arranged our room swiftly. The porters were very efficient and had our bags in our room before we got there. There was a difficulty when trying address an issue or request towels over the phone from your room.

The hallways that feed into the rooms are a bit outdated and looks a bit tacky, together with rock waterfeatures that dont work.

The rooms are decent. A bit small for my liking with a balcony that overlooks the pools and other rooms, reducing privacy. Each room has a bluetooth speaker/ clock that allowed us to stream good music while relaxing.

The pools are well kept and span all around the property which looks amazing.

The breakfasts are great and offer a wide variety from traditional local to continental and oriental food.

We had dinner twice and the food was great.

By the way, there are 4 different restaurants which oprate at different times based on the type of style you’re looking for.

Concierge was helpful as they arranged a third party to hire scooters from which was quite helpful.

There is direct access to a lovely cove and spacious beach. We enjoyed relaxing at the beach late during the evening with security guards nearby to give us that extra sense of comfort.

Overall, a good place to stay at.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasvirSewnarain
Pim Y, Public Relations Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Dear JasvirSewnarain,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us and have noted several points for improvement. We're also glad to hear you enjoyed the experience and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

On arrival which was very late (1.30am) we were settled into our Premier Room Pool View with a balcony whereby we proceeded to order room service. The food arrived fairly quickly, it was lovely and we fell exhausted into bed. The room consisted of 2 double beds (1 for me & 1 for my daughter and 6 yr old grandson) with a roll away bed offered if needed. The room was very clean, fresh and modern with plenty of room for the 3 of us. The bathroom was clean and spacious with plenty of soaps, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer etc and lovely fluffy towels. The balcony had a clothes horse and 2 chairs and small round table. The hotel offered a number of eating options which was great all of which are recommended however for breakfast we preferred the main restaurant The Merchant Kitchen at the pool. The food was fabulous and provided an enormous amount of options and the staff are all lovely and very accommodating. We tried the Beach Grill but we were very disappointed as their options were very limited so we went back to The Merchant. We also went to the Italian Restaurant D.O.C.G on our last night. My daughter highly recommends the Gnocchi she said it was delicious although the serve was extremely small! I had the spaghetti carbonara which was nice but missing flavour. My grandson had a pizza which he really enjoyed as well. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and the facilities throughout the resorts were 5*. With 3 beautiful pools to choose from we weren’t disappointed. The kids were very well catered for with the water slide and kiddies pool as well as daily free refreshments like icy poles and fruit blocks handed out. Overall I really can’t fault the resort and can only recommend it to anyone looking for that perfect holiday destination for the family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 8589tanyaf

Dear Tanya F,

First of all, thank you for the detailed comments and the high ranking. We're happy to read that you had a great experience in regards to the beds, restaurants, and overall hotel facilities. Thank you for recommending us as a family resort as we continue to add new activities and features for travelers. We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Perfect place for families.
Very clean hotel, excelent restaurants, good quality servis, nice people, it has got its own beach. Very green and quite place.
They change sheets and towels every day. Rooms are big and comfortable. They are five restaurants. Thai, Italian, grill, international cuisen, wellness,....Every day there is a speacial price cuisen in Merchant Kitchen İnternational Rest. open buffet beetween 600-1200 Thai baht. At bars beers beetween 130-200. For 4 people if you drink 2 glas of wine and eat too much you pay around 80-110 $

Transport is 300 Thai Baht to Patong Beach.
They organize nice daily facities.

1  Thank aysukbs

Dear aysukbs,

Thank you for the review and the five star ranking. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the food, the rooms, and overall vacation experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again!