1,902 results
All reviews across the road sunset bar a superior pool view room beach end the hard rock cafe otop markets pools are great reception staff interconnecting rooms buffet breakfast pool access bangla road egg station great holiday ground floor happy hour pool towels
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Booked this hotel for 12 nights, but only stayed for 4. Hotel was OK, Room was OK, Food was OK, Staff were OK, Pools were OK - as stated it was an OK type of Hotel. Had 4 beautiful pools all appeared clean but on closer inspection the grouting was grubby and there was always a skim line of oils at the top of the water line. Room was comfortable although Fridge shelf had been repaired with blu-tack! Hotel had put flowers and a basket of fruit in the room as it was our anniversary, which was a nice touch.
Staff were not as pleasant as I would have expected and in some circumstances quite rude. When sitting round the pool all day purchasing drinks, we asked for 2 glasses of ice and were told that this was only supplied if you purchased a drink. Explained that the drink we had purchased had gone warm and reluctantly the ice was given.
After 4 days we contacted our agent at flight centre who arranged for us to move to another hotel in another area at Karon Beach. Hotel did offer to move us to another of their hotels at no cost, but we decided not to take up this offer and to move to the Mövenpick at extra cost to us.
The main problem we had was not with the hotel but with Patong Beach itself. The Beach was filthy - with bags of rubbish - other items we saw included condoms, tampons and broken glass. To be fair to the locals we walked along the beach early about 6am just as the tide went out. And we did see them clearing the beach with lots of black bags of rubbish waiting to be collected. I assume Most of the rubbish was brought in by the tide so not left on the beach by anyone. The streets were nearly impossible to walk along being uneven with smelly drains and shop owners constantly harassing you to come inside. We knew it was going to be busy and we wanted bars and restaurants but this was not suitable for us. Karon Beach was quieter and more suitable for a couple in their 60’s.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather W
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights and overall had an enjoyable stay. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room was a little on the small size for three people and wardrobe space was very small. For a weekend break it is fine but for 3x pple x 10 nights well your almost living out of your suitcase. Air con in the room was fine. But around the rest of the hotel there are just fans which when very humid the fans dont cool you.
The pools were great. Cleaned daily and during our stay there were plenty of sunbeds to go around.
The position of this hotel is its best feature. Over the road from the beach and close to all eateries & nightlife.
We had no problems with the reception staff unlike many reviews on here. If you need to keep your room on upto 21:00 because you have a night flight home then they want £95. Bit steep i thaught !!
Wifi for us was hit and miss. But annoying as everytime you came back into the hotel you had to log back in again !
For eating out you need to try the malin plaza. Fabulous food at great prices. Also elephant sanctury james bond island trip and simon caberet all very enjoyable and good value.
Having been to other parts of thailand i found phuket to be expensive. I enjoyed our stay but would i come here again.... no. Would i go to thailand again.. definately. Probably chiang mai and bankok. Phuket i feel has got too touristy and the price tags to go with it.
But thankyou to Patong Merlin and to the staff who looked after us. Especialy the maid for our room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Chillininthepool
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Very good location. 4 swimming pool.you can reserve room direct on the pool. They have nice food and healthy breakfast. Nice music in the night. Pool bar Is so useful. I can say that everything is good

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Khawla A
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a stay at this hotel just recently, we loved most of the stay, the only thing that made it bad was the reception staff with their couldnt care less attitude, they have all been there quite a number of years and as it is a predominantly English speaking place, they should have a better grasp of English, I asked for a vase for flowers, they had no clue what I was talking about and I am still waiting for it to arrive!!! I ended up asking of the girls who cleans the rooms, she got me one with no trouble at all, our bottled water was changed every day and we always had extra toiletries given to us, the room was always spotlessly clean. I found no trouble with the wifi in our room, but couldnt use it in the lobby. My biggest gripe is we were promised flowers and a fruit basket for our anniversary and it wasnt honoured. I sent them an email saying how disappointed I was and got nothing in reply, I know of another couple who were celebrating their anniversary and they got it all in their room, if you are going to do it for one, be consistent and do it for everyone who lets you know. Other than that I would go back again as we loved the buffet breakfast, so much to choose from. Make sure you ask for a room not near the front as it is quite noisy with the Hard Rock cafe next door playing live music every night, our room was at the back in Building 1, we were in the back pool every day, very relaxing, spotlessly clean and a pleasure to use.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed there 4 nights as a part of our honeymoon trip. I enjoyed the pools and beautiful lobby together with the good location . Unfortunately we were given interconnecting rooms! We could hear the neighbors all day and night!Through the door between our room and theirs. Our neighbors were noisy even at 4 AM! Talking loudly in Arabic. I asked the hotel staff to change our room since we couldn’t sleep well the first night but it took them one more night to change the room although they knew it was our honeymoon and we needed privacy. We couldn’t sleep for 2 nights untill they did that. Most of the staff did not seem to care at all. They usually do not smile and just nod till you finish talking. There are not any tooth brushes available in the rooms. Wifi also is not good. If they change the way they treat guests, they can be a better hotel since the location and the hotel itself is nice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple