“Awesome roast dinner”

Ranked #19 of 672 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The new 'Halfway Inn' is in the grounds of The Hill Resort, Patong, which is 400 metres past Simon Cabaret on the left hand side of the road heading South towards Karon, directly opposite PS Hill Resort. The indoor covered restaurant has a very traditional Thai theme with 10 individual 6 seater salas (bamboo huts) for 60 diners, 12 standard tables providing seating for 48 customers, and a central 'Bamboo Bar' with stools for around 20 punters. There is also a large sports bar area with a pool table, large screen TV's, a 2 metre wide projector screen and enough space for a 5 piece live band. Outside there are a further 3 salas with seating for 18 customers and what will be a covered BBQ sala. There is spacious off-road parking for up to 4 cars (or minibuses) and 30 motorbikes and easy access North (towards Phuket Town and Kamala) or South (towards Karon, Kata, Chalong and Rawai). We also have a safe indoor play area for kids (our son, Dan, is 2 years old!)
Reviewed January 12, 2018

This is a great restaurant just on the outskirts of Patong. Great location just on the hill over looking Patong. Every Wednesday they do a roast dinner with a choice of 2 meats. Then a buffet style so you can help yourself to roast potato. peas, carrots, sweetcorn, sprouts, broccoli, pigs in blankets and its all cooked to perfection. They also do for the rest of the week a huge Thai and western menu with food for all tastes. Its some of the best Thai food I have ever had and with western portions. Be warmed its very easy to order too much. This is a place that you must visit when in Phuket.

HalfwayInnDave, Owner at Halfway Inn (Restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

WEDNESDAY WOAST

Dear sim700

thanks for giving us our first review for the 'Wednesday Woast', I particularly like your comment 'its all cooked to perfection'. Believe it or not, timing an English Roast dinner where the meat and all the trimmings are cooked properly and served at the same temperature and 'on time' is not easy (ask my ex!) but our Burmese cook, Sin' has got it down to a 'T'!

Why does everyone wait until Sunday to have an English roast dinner? We decided to start doing our roast dinners on Wednesday evenings when we first opened back in October 2016 and they have proved to be very popular.

Priced at 250 baht for Woast Chicken or Pork, 300 baht for imported Beef or Lamb, the dinner is exceptional value and we always invite diners to go up for seconds as we don't like wasting food.

thanks for giving us a 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you again

from me (Dave), my lovely wife and Head Chef (Nan), 22 month old son (Dan), our ferocious (!) Shitzu guard dog (Freddie) and all our delightful Thai staff.

- available every day between 2 pm and 6 pm -
Find out why Nan has built up a well deserved reputation as the best Thai chef in Patong by booking a cooking class. At a very competitive cost of only 500 baht per person (plus the menu price per dish), it's a really fun way to while away an hour or so in the afternoon.

-served from 7 pm every Wednesday -
Woast Chicken or Pork (250 baht), Beef or Lamb (300 baht). Check our Facebook page 'Halfway Inn - The Hill Resort' for this week's meat. Served with Pigs in Blankets, woast potatoes, woast cawwots, Bwussels spwouts, bwoccoli, bwoad beans, peas and gwavy, it's a midweek taste of English home cooking just like Mum does.

- served from 1 pm every day -
English pork sausage, bacon, fried eggs, hash browns, tomatoes, baked beans, toast, fruit juice and coffee, all for only 250 baht, a real belly buster!

(We have received awards for being in the TripAdvisor Top 10 Sports Bars AND Restaurants in Patong since November 2012 and are also highly regarded on Chinese travel guides!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Dave, Naan, and the staff are just sensational, absolute great food, great ambiance, the killer pool is absolute fun (even i suck mostly) thanks dave and naan for all, best regards, Alex (switzerland)

HalfwayInnDave, Owner at Halfway Inn (Restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear 7mic7 (Alex)

Thanks for giving us a great review, I will make sure that all our staff know that their efforts are appreciated. It was great to see you on a nightly basis and thanks for signing up for our nightly 'Killer Pool' competition at our original Sports Bar in Soi Kepsap.

safe travels and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Nice Restaurant & friendly owners/staff and good located only 400 meters from Patong Cabaret Simon!

The price is ok, quality very very good and tastes really delicious!! Fresh product, nice garnishment - all TOP!!

PS: I think they have the best chicken sate (gai sate) here in Phuket!!

Dear Christian W

thanks for giving us a top rated review, I particularly like your comment about us being very close to Simon Cabaret as that is one of the few shows in Phuket that does not include dining in the price of the show.

But I think your best compliment was your last 'I think they have the best chicken sate (gai sate) here in Phuket!' and I am sure many other customers would agree with you wholeheartedly!

hope to see you again

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Phuket for 5 full days over Christmas break and ate at Halfway Inn on four of those days. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was TO DIE FOR. Our very favorite was the papaya salad—you can’t miss it. We ate that every time and also loved the pad Thai (my husband’s favorite he has had anywhere, and that’s saying something), massaman curry, panang curry, coconut soup (the white one-tom ka? I always forget)...even good old chicken satay was way better than normal. My daughter (3 1/2) was welcomed with open arms by the staff and she even got to play with the owners’ son in the kid room. We enjoyed everything we ate here and I took the cooking class on my last day. It was very informative and I can’t wait to cook everything now that we are back home in Korea! I only wish so had more time in Phuket to learn how to cook more (and to eat more). Thank you Nan!

PS: the last picture is of Nan when she had some down time, feeding my 7-month-old a banana. The people here make you feel welcome and we hope to make it back sometime!

HalfwayInnDave, Owner at Halfway Inn (Restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear Missmees

it was really nice to meet you and your young children and it was lovely to see the kids playing in what is normally Dan's room and having a great time together. I will be taking him to Kindergarten when he is 2 years old (14th February) so that he will start to develop social skills with children of his own age instead of the predominantly adult experiences he normally receives in our bar and restaurant.

thanks for giving us a top rated review, I particularly like your comments about Nan's Pad Thai, curry and soup dishes being 'way better than normal' and I am doubly pleased that you also decided to do a cooking class with Nan on your last day.

looking forward to seeing you again soon

Wishing you and your family Health, Wealth and Happiness for the New Year.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

After an afternoon of sports, a group of us met in the Restaurant in the Halfway Inn. Dave was very welcoming and had an excellent buffet prepared for us. I had a taste of most things and all of it had been cooked excellently. It was a good combination of both Thai and Western dishes and the Kaeng Matsaman (Chicken Curry Muslim style) was very good. The Restaurant and Sports Bar area is well laid out with a relaxing atmosphere. The staff were very keen to keep us happy and the experience was a great way to end the busy day.

Dear EasygoingSydney

the afternoon of sports you were referring to was the New Year's Day 'Tinmen' event, the second event of this type that we have hosted here. There were 2 busloads of 41 Hash runners, all enjoying more than a few drinks, listening to bawdy jokes and songs, and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

The organiser, Paddy 'Scud' Henry had asked Nan to put on a buffet style spread at a nominal cost per head, all served and kept warm in 'Bain Marie's' so that people could keep going up for more hot food as and when they wanted. I have to say that I agree with your comment about the Chicken Mussoman Curry, I had 3 big bowls myself!!!

The highlight of the evening (for us) was when my wife, Nan, 2 waitresses and myself were invited to come up to the front by 'Scud' to join in with the drinking games. I drank from a 'Viking' horn, downed the lot in one (as expected) and was presented with one of the 'Tinmen' T-Shirts which was a great surprise and an honour so I put it on straight away.

Thanks for giving us a 5 star review, well received and I will make sure that all of our staff know that their efforts are appreciated when we hold our weekly staff meeting.

Wishing you and your family Health, Wealth and Happiness for the New Year.