All reviews bangla road bangla rd expat bar rooms are basic ac works western and thai food nice pool balcony room large bed pool area quiet at night night life mini bar the location is perfect min walk jungceylon shopping centre patong beach
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Expat has great western restaurant, just in case, after a week of hot Thia food, you want a burger.
the folks, pool, service is perfect.
half hour from airport
the beach is 10 min walk
the night life is just down street, amazing

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This is not an expensive hotel, and with that in mind, I can say that my wife and I didn`t have anything to complaint about. The room had a fan and the always '8with the wife) popular aircon. More popular is the cooler for me, wich can contain a 6-pack like it was ment to be.
The pool is very good (and it was clean), and we spend the time here when we didn`t want the, always loud and "heavy" walkway to the beach. The restaurant served drinks and food at the pool with a smile.
The staff didn`t always talk english, but they where always ready to help or service us if we needed anything.
And I did !! I had the famous tourist stomach, and went to the toilet all the time.
I told the lady in the reception when we where sitting by the pool, and, PUFF.. 10 mins later she was back from the farmacy with some tablets for me. And they worked within 24 hrs.
Thank`s a lot for the superb service, wich is a bigger hotel worthy.
-And it`s placed just nearby the mainstreet, and we wasn`t bothered by noise.
The restaurant is both standard thai kitchen, and American/European food. Acording to my wife the thaifood is in the + end of standard. Good for the price, and served so europeans can eat it too.
The farrang food is like many other places with a thai-chef, pretty much standard.
Fries with everything, and the sauce tastes like warm warter. They make fantastic sanwiches and drinks, depending on who`s on the shift. Just like so many other places..
All in all, a better place considor the price and the service.
Absolutely worth a visit if you stay in Patong, and don`t have high demands.

Room tip: Rooms on the 2`nd floor have the better view, but also have more light from signs.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesper S
KingKlong, Front Office Manager at The Expat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Dear Sir,

First of all, we thank you for staying with us! Thank you for a good review and points that we need to improve. I will definitely let our staff know that you have greatly appreciated the hospitality they have showed to you and your wife. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again at the Expat Hotel on your next visit.

Expat Hotel

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

This place is close to the beach, bars and many very good restaurants . The food, service, pool, drinks , sports bar is great. It does need a little updating. Nice new fully towels would be a start. However the rooms are very clean, pool is great.....2 blocks from mall- if you require some shopping therapy.

Have to say all of the staff and service is Excellent

Many tks again.....will return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank O7059EArossm
Reviewed May 29, 2016

During my visit with friends I visited the Expat Bar for the first time and had a great time so much so I went there nearly everyday.Martin ,Jenny and the team make you welcome, the Atmosphere is friendly and inviting.The food is excellent and very good value they have Happy Hours each day from 6pm to 8pm at 50 baht for any kind of beer.A must is the BBQ on Saturday nights at 7-30,get your name down a couple of days before so not to be disappointed ,it is to die for in the middle of Patong an Aussie BBQ with meat ,sausages and chicken with Potato bake ,salad and crusty bread all for 250 baht.It is just a very good casual friendly Bar.Thanks to everyone for the good times.

Room tip: Do not miss happy hour and the BBQ
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cooki_12
Reviewed May 21, 2016

The hotel location is great, walking distance to all you need,
In the Entrance Still have dirt, boxes and plastic bags filled up with trash with cleaning mops and equipment. In the corners at pool area is big plastic bags full with trash with mosquitos. Left over food and bottles every day still there on the morning. Big rats in and out from the bar and kitchen area. My foot and two people cut the foots in the cracks at broken tiles in the pool. All old linen is dumped right beside the rooms and the Pool guest. The Expat girls Is totally running the place when management don't.
The girls are living in a world of lies and se all that cash passing by and try their best to get hold of some of that in a bad way. I'm surprised some of the girls is not replaced. Owners don't se what's really going on and customers just live.
Still the Expat has good food, grate bar, clean rooms. most of the staff is grate and good management//
TIME TO DO SOME CLEANING OF STAFF..

Room tip: Dow at the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends