“Decent hotel and nearby to all happening places” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baumanburi Hotel

Baumanburi Hotel
Ranked #171 of 318 Hotels in Patong
Hyderabad, India
“Decent hotel and nearby to all happening places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have first checked in to this Hotel after I landed in Thailand then had been to other hotels in other places. So having entered the premises I was impressed. What was good is that it is just walkable distance to the Patong Beach and another few yards to the famous Walking street...

The Breakfast Buffet part of the hotel package is good and they have wide spread....Overall the hotel is good in terms of maintenance,courteous staff.....Only thing I dint like is the smell of the wood used inside the hotel which smelled like Cigar smoke and inspite of the hotel's attempt to spray .....The corridors also should have kept little clean...

Room Tip: One side of the rooms faces the noisy upmarket area where they play loud music till early hours so i...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RameshRaja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We booked Superior rooms x3 n comments about the room n staff 'said sorry that what u gets when u booked on the Internet' which p me off! The superior room is not on the same building n is on the different building! Very poor rooms.
The lift didn't even work when u had 3 adult on it - keeps indicate overloads!
The photos images only listed 'Deluxe' Rooms so don't trust them!!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank LN-AU

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for 1 week in early December 2011, as we had bought a travel scoopon. I wasn't overly impressed with the venue, although given what we paid it wasn't too bad. The hotel itself is close to the beach, but across the road is the Hard Rock Hotel which pumps out live music and is very noisy. The rooms were clean and tidy, but in need of a coat of paint and some new furniture. The pool area is nice, but again very old. A wide variety of food was available for breakfast but the table and chairs were plastic, old and tacky. Friendly and attentive staff were very kind. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again unless I was strapped for cash, because i'd prefer to pay a little bit more for luxury.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are closest to the street!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ready4ah0liday
Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great location but of a very poor standard for a Thai hotel. The rooms smelled of urine, the decor is well overdue an update and the sheets definately need replacing. My wife and I went on honeymoon there and I was very dissapointed. We're normally very easy going happy people and would never complain about hotels, but this one was terrible. The staff seemed to have left their smiles at home, everything seemed such a chore for them. We asked if they'd come and clean the bathroom a guy turned up with some air fresher and sprayed the room :O

Before you book this hotel bear in mind that the photo's were taken 10 years ago. The pool was very nice but you can't see it from your room as the trees have overgrown and make it impossible to see, which also means there a few spots where you can chill out and sunbath next to the pool. That said Patong Beach is a 10 min walk and is lovely. The marriott which is based across the road which is a 4 star is the same price if you phone directly so would recommend staying there instead.

The food in the hotel wasn't very good either and the staff were horrified when I we sent a meal back and told them to remove it from the bill.

Basically there are far far better hotels in Patong than this one for 3500 Bhat a night. I would recommend people check out and ring the hotels directly before booking somewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank neil7545
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel was clean and spacious.. The swimming pool was beautiful and they even have a bar at the side just in case you need a drink... Breakfast was good with a variety of different kinds of dishes. The hotel was walking distance to the biggest shopping mall and it is opposite of Hard Rock Phuket... We even got a upgrade room when we came back from Krabi.. The staffs were all very polite and helpful.. Worth the stay and value for money..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

The service of this hotel really sucks...no one should stay here.
We stayed for 3 nights. One night we asked for salt at 10 pm and were told the kitchen is shut !
Taking the cake was....at check-out , they claimed a laundry bag was missing from the room! We had never even seen it, or asked for laundry to be done....they insisted and actually made us pay 300 BAHT FOR A LAUNDRY BAG WHICH CANNOT COST MORE THAN 20 BAHT. PLUS THE GUY AT THE COUNTER WHO SEEMED TO BE SOME SUPERVISOR WAS REALLY RUDE...he actually yelled at us l!!! I could not believe he was for real!
The only reason we paid was that a friend was unwell and so we got late and had to rush to the airport....else at any other time I would have gone to the police and the press.
I told them we were obviously not stealing a luandry bag, and they could seach our bags...and they said they can, but that would take a hour...and if we wanted to miss our flight we were welcome. Please warn everyone you know! These guys deserve to get their hotel shut down.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank AvantiMumbai
Nowra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed here for 10 nights, end of november. Definately better value for money elsewhere. Service was terrible allround. Upon check in no welcome at all, room service is displayed as being available until 11.30, but was told at 10.45pm on our first night after arriving the kitchen was closed. Ordered room service one night which never arrived, bar staff services at pool was definately not the best. My daughters denim shorts disappeared from the room, never to be found again and trying to explain they had gone was a nightmare. Upon check out, I invited 2 friends who were staying down the road, the offer of leaving their luggage in my room until our late flight. These friends of mine had spent alot of time at the hotel pool with me and my family, purchasing drinks, food, and having drinks in my room without incident. Upon alighting from their taxi, the bellboy immediately blocked their route and told them they had to go to reception. I came down to sort out what I thought was a misunderstanding, but no, I was told I was not allowed to take my friends to my room (which I was paying an excessive amount to have until late check out at 5pm). I asked why, and was told it is hotel policy. We couldnt understand why my friends were allowed in my room for the last 10 days, but not today.I was told if my friends wanted to come to my room, it would be 500bht each, after already paying late check out fees !!!After much begging and pleading the man told us, my friends could come up to my room, but they had to store their 2 backpacks in the luggage room. After declaring this was unreasonable and we couldnt understand this policy and would like to see it, the manager was summoned and declared nobody is allowed in my room now !! I soon cancelled the late check out, and upon doing this was told to take my friends with me to my room as its "bad for business" having angry customers sitting in the foyer, after all that !! needless to say, have never ever experienced such terrible treatment in all my years of travel. Was so embarrassed for my friends, to be treated in such a way, one would think we were 18yo's trashing the place and running amok, not 35-40yo uni graduates/professionals.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends