All reviews ultra cleanse detox program bali style raw food beachfront room beach front yoga classes blood pressure life changing experience amazing experience private beach big buddha relaxing stay outdoor shower izzy tang health
Reviewed September 13, 2018

To demonstrate just how much we loved Friendship Beach Resort - we booked for 3 nights and ended up staying for 12 nights! Even then, we were sad to leave.

The setting, food, decor, staff and general atmosphere were all fantastic and it was excellent value for money. As vegans, my husband and I thought we might struggle in Phuket but the food was incredible with so many healthy and raw choices, as well as vegan burgers and Thai favourites. I still dream about the raw lasagna! The food was so good that we ended up eating in the hotel most meals which is rare for us.

The staff were all so helpful and friendly which made our stay even better. We booked a top-floor two bedroom apartment when we were staying with friends which was incredibly spacious and beautifully decorated. We loved the 'home cinema'! My husband and I then moved into one of the beach front villas for our last three nights which was so tranquil - we loved waking up to the sound of the waves each morning.

The beach is extremely quiet and so has very few people walking past. It really does feel like you are in paradise! The massages were excellent although we would have loved to do yoga but this was only for people doing the wellness courses, which was a shame.

My only comment to improve the place would be to make it adults only. As many of the other guests were doing wellness courses, it was a bit strange to have (a small number of) young children running around the pool being noisy. Thankfully they were in the minority but it would have made it more peaceful without young children, especially as there are many family friendly resorts in Phuket.

Thanks Friendship Beach Resort for a wonderful stay and we would definitely return!

Room Tip: The top floor 2-bedroom apartments are perfect for groups and the beach front villas are very romantic for couples.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krystellie
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Krystellie,
Thank you so much for your nice review and comments and suggestions.
We are happy to hear that you had a nice time at Friendship Beach!
With kind regards, Urs - Management

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in February 2018 for two nights as it was close to the wedding we were attending. Very lovely resort, the kids loved the pool and it was right on the beach although it isn’t one of the best Thai beaches I’ve been to. The food was really good, the menu looked delicious but we only had one meal there. Lovely accommodation, huge with a lounge/kitchen area, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, the outdoor showers were lovely (and very private!). Really child friendly, and really good for a normal hotel stay as well as being a spa retreat.
The reception staff were super friendly and helpful, we very easily booked a taxi to the pier for our onward journey. If I was heading to the area again I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mr.Sali,
Thank you so much for your nice review and compliments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Friendship Beach!
Sincerely, Urs - Managment

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I had done a few cleanses over the past few years in various parts of the World, but this time, I wanted somewhere that was beachfront.

I stumbled across Atmanjai on Google's search which seem to fit all the requirements that I was looking for. Now that I've completed the cleanse, i can confidently say it's definitely worth all the hype and rave. It was one of my favorite cleanse locations ever and I'll likely be returning when I'm in need of another life break.

Program: The program is definitely one of the best I've ever had. The calendar is basically jammed with activities during the day (some fun and random ones like Jon's destiny reading, but massages and detox activities a plenty). The day and countdown (to how many ever days you are wishing to complete) does go by much faster because of this, which is pretty amazing. As for the health aspect of the program, definitely one of the best with the health supplements and talks. Only comment here is that I wish there had been more activities during the day (offsite visits / more health talks) and would have liked to have more of the infrared saunas included (1 included per wk on UC) since I hear this is extremely beneficial to those detoxing (some of my programs included this daily). But other than that, definitely one of the most inclusive and flexible programs I've ever experienced but didn't get to explore much of Phuket (Big Buddha, night markets, sunsets on the water, etc.)

Facilities: Overall, this oasis definitely exceeded expectations. The restaurant (raw food and salads are amazing here), the pool, the environment, the yoga room, the location right on the beach all added positively to my experience. Mosquitos are quite vicious here, although they seem to love me in any part of the World. Most of my cleanses were in the jungle or somewhere far from water, which for me is extremely important. This is a personal preference though because I find the water so soothing and glad that this place had it all. Agree with the other reviews though as the rooms here are pretty basic although guests are given the option to upgrade to Serenity which does look amazing (despite the walk). If it were next door, no doubt, this would be the ultimate cleansing spot for me since one on UC may not have too much energy to go to/from. For this I was glad to have stayed on site.

Staff: And finally, the incredible staff were usually very friendly and accommodating. From the front desk to the program staff, if you had a request, they would usually try their best to be flexible or accommodate which makes the experience all the better. The consultants were incredibly friendly and understanding and it was my first time during a cleanse that I met a licensed Nutritionist! Given how much your health and body is impacted, it's definitely important to have a certified Nutritionist and I'm so glad they brought Nova on board! During the last few days of the program, I even shared some feedback with the manager and after talking it through, he was more than accommodating to help me resolve the issue. Having a team that supports and listens definitely makes or breaks the experience and mine was definitely made.

Net Net - what the team has built as a program is amazing and you won't leave disappointed! Thanks Atmanjai! Keep doing what you are doing and look forward to seeing you all again soon, especially if there are returning customer discounts! =D

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank msmarymary

Dear Mary,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and nice review about our resort and detox programs! I will certainly convey your compliments to our team.
With best wishes, Urs - Management

Reviewed September 3, 2018

This was my first time to Thailand and to cleanse. The programme was professional and extremely organised, the support from staff and other guests was incredible, the facilities were beautiful and the experience was fantastic. There are A LOT of additional treatments included in the price and I found the cleanse incredibly comprehensive. Most of the people I was with were returning and rated Atmanjai higher than other retreats they had previously been to. I would recommend Atmanjai and their programmes very highly to others. Don’t hesitate - book here.

Room Tip: If you are doing the cleanse - try and stay at Friendship beach.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah C

Dear Deborah,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and compliments about our detox programs!
Please keep it up and be well!
With best wishes, Urs - Management

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I did the ultra cleanse program. It’s was an amazing experience. And I’m doing cleanse retreats for the last 10 years. The Atmanjai s ‘ stuff are really professional in what they’re doing. I really recommend for everyone to join their programs.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear Ojas,
Thank you so much for your review and compliments about our detox programs :)
Great to hear that our team was able to help you improving your health and well-being.
Please be well and keep it up!
With best regards, Urs - Management