1,203 results
All reviews penthouse suite sea view pool residence our honeymoon living room private pool low tide patong beach fully equipped kitchen free upgrade f b the hotel offers rented a car sun loungers coral island deck chairs chalong pier
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Was recommended to this hotel by a friend. This hotel is located at far end of Phuket - Rawai. It is away from all the crowd and main city areas, best for a quiet getaway. Good location if you just want to relax and basically doing nothing at all :p

We stayed from 3-6 may 2012. Upon reaching we were greeted by the hotel lovely and polite staffs and was informed that they had upgraded us to the Grand Suite! It was simply amazing! Best room I've stayed so far.. Comes with 2 bedrooms and a huge balcony overseeing the beach. Room is very clean, everything is provided and is very organized.

Hotel also provide free shuttle service to patong/town area but you have to book 1 day in advance. We did not take their free shuttle as the timing doesn't match our schedule. There is a taxi stand just outside the lobby and I must say that taxis are really expensive in Phuket.. Also you can grab some stuffs from the 7-11 opposite to do some cooking in their fully equipped kitchen :)

We visited Phi Phi Island on 2nd day and was disappointed at the massive amount of Chinese tourist and speedboats (no offence, i'm an Asian myself.. ) They spit and litter..!! Truly disappointing despite the beautiful waters and scenery. Hence we drop by the Nai Harn Beach on the 3rd day, this beach is just 10mins away from Serenity. Nai Harn is almost a private beach, very quiet and scenic! Great Hotel + Great Beach nearby... This location and resort is the best if you just want a quiet vacation. I've been to Patong and I dislike the crowd and noise.

Now I am looking forward my next trip to bring my family along and stay in their residence pool suite!! Thank you Serenity for making my holiday a wonderful one! =)

Room Tip: Seaview will be much more worth it, and don't take the room on the ground floor, will have lots of creepy crawlies...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneLing
UrsPhuket, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review and we are happy to hear that you had a great time at Serenity Phuket! Looking forward to welcoming you again, we remain, With kind regards, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at serenity for 4 days with my elderly in laws, my husband and my two children aged 3. Years and 4 months respectively. I could not be happier with my experience. It is at a quiet end of Phulet. So if you want to be at the thick of activities this is not the place. But if you to be away from the hustle and bustle it can't get better than this. We were a bit hesitant about booking the hotel thinking it might not be kid friendly. We were very wrong. There were a number of families but still it was quiet. The staff were really nice with my kids. The pool is lovely. We stayed in the grand suite with 2 bedrooms and it was HUGE. Great food, excellent service, fabulous view. I could not have asked for more. We had 4 meals apart from breakfast at the hotel and food never disappointed us. Kids club kept my daughter happy. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Maybe because it was off season the hotel threw in some free perm's like massages and kids piazza. So I tried the spa and found it to be great as well.

Room Tip: We Grand suite room 818 has one of the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice review and i will certainly pass on the compliments to our team! Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 days. The resort is clean and well maintained, the staff are helpful even if at times they have a bit of difficulty understanding what is required. The room was cleaned twice a day and the bed turned down in the evening with a fresh flower left at each side, a nice touch. Bottled water was provided free in the room everyday. The resort is built on a hill so there are several flights of steps to negotiate every time you want to go from your room to the pool, restaurant area or to leave the hotel. The resort ends at the seawall, the tide comes in to the wall and recedes a long way so the outlook is often little water and lots of sandflats. Even when the tide is in, the water is quite shallow, the locals walk out a long way to fish. There is very little within walking distance from the resort so it is more suited to the tourist who wishes to hire a scooter or car whilst on holiday, or the one who just wants to stay around the pool every day. We did not want to do that so relied on the taxi stand outside the hotel and the free transport to Patong Beach provided by the resort at 5pm each day (this has to be booked the day before). We also went for some very long walks. South of the resort at Rawai there is a gypsy village on the shore and a variety of restaurants to choose from. It was easy to get a taxi (200 baht) back to the resort from there after our meal. about the same distance in the opposite direction is Pier Street, this looks like the happening area for night life but it was very quiet while we were there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19_liz_59

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We note your comment on the English speaking ability of some of our team members and would like to inform you that we are providing English language classes for our team in order to improve this. Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Just came back from a 5 day stay at the Serenity with my wife & kids and absolutely loved the place: the 2-bedroom suite was probably the biggest I've ever stayed in, fantastic views of the pool and ocean , a fully equipped kitchen that allowed us to cook some eggs for breakfast, quick & tasty room service, lovely pool staff, a proper kids club and a great gym. Basically all the ingredients for a great getaway and having stayed at the property before, I'm happy to see that it's kept all of it's (high) standards up & then some, allowing a hotelier myself to really enjoy my stay. Already looking forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom buildings are closest to the pool, restaurant, kids club & gym
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice review and we are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay at Serenity. We look forward to welcome you again! Kind regards, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I were very excited to stay at serenity.  Shes a teacher for a year in northern thailand (Mae Lao).  We had been traveling throughout Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai so we are both very familiar with thai food, pricing, culture, accommodations, etc... We aren't in the college aged crowd and we aren't backpackers. We wanted a relaxing resort with decent local food and ability to get around the island. Serenity exceeded all expectations upon our arrival. Because we booked 10 nights they automatically upgraded us to a suite.  The room and facilities were amazing.  The room was huge and we were extremely pleased.  The staff was also very friendly and respectful.  This is really where everything turns around for me.

The location of this place was abysmal for us. Its probably a nice relaxing place for 2-3 days max.  We wanted to avoid the Patong nonsense, but we didn't expect it to be desolate. There is a tesco lotus, pizza company, Swensons, and decent Italian place 2km up the road, so if you aren't able to cook in your room and/or don't have a vehicle for transportation, you should expect to eat at the hotel restaurant pretty much every meal.  There is a taxi stand in front of the hotel, but we could never find a taxi back from the aforementioned eateries.  Also, for transportation, a 5pm van takes 10 people to the mall/patong.  You need to book this a day ahead of time or you likely won't be able to go.

The hotel breakfasts were pretty decent.  Omelet station, pancakes and waffles, juices, pastries, yogurt, bacon, a few Thai dishes, etc... I really did not enjoy the lunch or dinner selections.  Early in the trip, I got food poisoning from the tuna.  The situation was really poorly handled.  Getting the staff to comp even that particular meal was extremely difficult.  Seeing as how I was dangerously ill for 6 hrs (by far the sickest I've ever been) but not feeling well for several days after, leaving the hotel - let alone my room - was difficult.  The bottom line is that a bad meal wrecked several days of my trip and I thought the hotel was very uninvolved in the situation.

We ordered room service for several lunches and dinners because of this.  I thought the pricing, especially for what you got, was way out of line at the restaurant.  The khao soi gai in Chiang Mai was 25 baht - at this hotel's restaurant it was ~280 baht.  The presentation of the food was always nice, but if you are going to charge western prices, I'd expect western ingredients and western quality.  I also didn't appreciate the inconsistency.  I ordered the same item a few meals in a row through room service and was charged different prices each time!

Upon getting ready to check out and paying a fairly sizable bill, i found that my estimated laundry charge had been increased by 40 baht or so.  In the scheme of things, it's not the money..  Telling me that I'm wrong and didn't in fact give in 4 pairs of underwear, an undershirt, and a pair of shorts but i DID give in 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of underwear, and a t-shirt, is just plain insulting. I wasn't trying to con them. I was embarrassed/frustrated just sitting at reception for 15 minutes to have the charges altered...the point is I shouldn't have had to. I even offered to bring the clothes down to show what was laundered. I got tired of waiting for them to say, "You know what, you are right, what were we thinking? Give me a second and I'll amend that for you." In the end I just said to forget it. I'll eat the $1.50.  The bottom line is, expect to be nickel and dimed here, expect to pay more than you should, and expect to be stuck in doing it due to location.

I don't want to shortchange the housekeeping staff.  They did a tremendous job making our room look nice.  They seemed to work very hard.

The staff was overall very nice, but that didn't seem to always translate into caring for the customer.  Not a satisfied customer.

Room Tip: Stay more than 10 days
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank B718

Thank you very much for your detailed review and we are pleased to hear that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade to suite.

The location of our resort is clearly indicated on our website and taxis are available via the local taxi stand in front of the resort or from our front desk. The free shuttle bus to Nai Harn beach or Patong is made available to guests on a first come/first serve basis. We are unable to comment further on your comments on the location of our resort, as guests normally would investigate this prior to making a booking.

We are sorry to hear that you fell ill during your stay in Phuket. It can, however, not be proven that this was caused by the food served in our restaurant. We did not have other reports of guests falling ill because of the food during the same time as your stay.

Prices for meals at local restaurants in Chiang Mai cannot be compared to what upmarket resorts charge in Phuket. All menu items are clearly priced on our room service menu. Extras are charged separately.

Our apologies for the mistake of Baht 40 (USD 1.5) on your laundry bill and the fact that it took more than 10 minutes to change this upon check-out. We will gladly refund this amount to you. One of our team members made a mistake, for which we apologize. We did not mean to over charge you.

We have already contacted you separately via email regarding your stay but did not receive any reply from you yet.

Sincerely, Urs - General Manager