1,180 results
All reviewspenthouse suitesea viewpool residenceliving roomprivate poollow tidefully equipped kitchenpatong beachamazing hotelfree upgradef bthe hotel offerssun loungersdvd playercoral islanddeck chairsphi phi island
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely hotel with 5* facilities.. Not very near Patong but still would prefer the hotel. Buffet breakfast was good and with variety. Location of the restaurant is near the pool and connected to the beach.. which makes the breakfast even better. Great for long stays...very relaxing. Staff were very helpful..especially 'Man.. he helped us organize our tour in the city.. like Fantasea, NaiHarn beach, bike for a ride to Kata Karon Patong beach. Hotel has free shuttle to Nai Harn and Patong- jungceylon mall which should be reserved in advance with the hotel. Overall Great Stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review, which i will certainly share with our team and especially Mr. Man, our excursion and activity specialist! With best regards, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was by far one of the best travel experiences we've ever had. We stayed in one of the ocean front villas for 5 days. The views were simply unparalleled. Quite spacious. We travelled with our two small children. One bonus for families is that the large sliding doors leading to the private pool lock and are nearly impossible for children to open alone. The kitchen is well stocked. I didn't realize for the first 4 days that there was in fact an oven as it is camoflauged but hardly needed it as the pool food was so great. The pool was nice and good for kids with a walled in swimming area that is about a meter or less deep - enough for my 2.5 year old to stand alone. Don't bother with the kids club. Nothing there really but a room of used toys.

About the villa - a few important things regarding layout. I think the villas seem to be a bit different but mostly laid out the same. The master bedroom is on the 2nd floor and takes up the whole floor with an amazing spa tub and separate shower. The 2nd bedroom is on the bottom floor. Also, in case you are a bit afraid of the imminent ocean waters, you should know that at high tide the waters come up to just about one foot below the retaining wall/ first floor of the house. This was a bit unnerving for me, but not my husband. I ended up bringing the kids up to sleep on the 2nd floor master floor each night! But most probably will not be as wigged out as I was by that. Just so you know it is there. The ocean. On the flip side it sort of feels like you are sleeping on a boat.

The private pool was a ton of fun and we spent more time there than we expected.

Roof top terrace was a bonus - weren't expecting that. Amazing views and great spot for after dinner ice cream. (The hotel has amazing home made ice cream).

Really great grocery store in the nearby town. Wished we hadn't spent our money at the big chain store. The smaller nearby one had EVERYTHING you could want by way of American selection for people living in Asia. Pop tarts, cereal, bacon, etc. Wish we had one of those in our country. If you ask the front desk they can tell you.

Were so glad we rented our own car through the airport. Getting around was easy and there was so much to see - hassle free.

A word on the house cleaning - it was really more like tidy-ing up, not cleaning. The bathrooms were not cleaned and the floors never mopped the whole time we were there. And the beach and little kids leave trails. Just saying.

Enjoyed a road side elephant ride too. Kids really enjoyed that. Kata beach is nice.

Speaking of beaches, the beach in front of the hotel is not "swimmable" but good for daily walks at mid tide.

The buffet breakfast was good. Nothing spectacular but most of the usual fare.

Really enjoyed this place!

Room Tip: Spring for the villa especially if you can get a discount - well worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank louie14
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our resort.
We note your comment about the daily cleaning of the villa and i will certainly discuss this with our housekeeping team.
As you point out correctly, our kids club is more like a play room and not a full service facility. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future! Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed for 2 night. It was huge room with kitchen facilities including big fridge. We also pleased with buffer breakfast, yummy and lots of selection. The bathtub was freaking awesome and big. My husband and I joined my one year old to play in bathtub. Comfortable and great service. Hotel food is cheap and yummy. The only problem is location. This hotel is quite far from beach. You need a cab but since my kid doesn't like beach we was cool with a location.Just ask the hotel, where and what to do, they will answer you.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and we are happy to hear that you had a good time at Serenity!
We also provide a free shuttle bus once daily to the shopping center and Patong beach for guests, who perfer not to take a taxi. Please book our free shuttle bus one day in advance to make sure that you have a seat. Sincerely, Urs

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We spent 5 nights there in March with my hudband, our 2 years old daughter and my husband's mother. We booked a penthouse suite / family suite on the hotel website and got a very good price but I wasn't expected such a nice room. It was literally an appartment, 2 bedrooms with their own bathroom (shower and bathtubs), a giant living room and dining room and nicely furnished kitchen and an even more giant terrace. There was a set of baby products for our daughter (shower gel, shampoo, sponge and powder) which we found really thoughtful. It was really clean and the view from the balcony was amazing. actually everything looks better than on the hotel's website.
The pool was pleasant, the restaurant's decoration a bit old fashioned and the service a bit slow and not all staff was friendly but overall it was ok. Food was ok, not the best in Thailand but surprisingly for a hotel, not that expensive.
I'd definitely recommend the hotel to families with young children except if you want a nice beach.
I was deceived by the beach's access and cleanliness especially with a baby. And avoid the laundry, the hotel ruined my EUR 450 silk shirt and I had to spend hours talking to 4 different people until I finally spoke to the (not that pleasant) hotel's director. He offered a discount (1/2 the value of my shirt) which was nice but I must admit that I was really disappointed with the hotel's reaction to my complaint (endless discussions, and finally an apology when I spoke to him!). As I told him, this would however not be a reason for not going back. He was especially unpleasant when I mentioned a tripadvisor review (arguing I was threatening him... Seriously I did not care for the discount, my shirt was dead and I was really upset and I was at least expecting an apology... Which I got so late that it left time to get really bervous!) and when I mentioned my job (lawyer) as he was trying to deny the hotel's liability thanks to the disclaimer on the laundry form...
Finally the location is not that good, a bit far away from everything. The hotel offers two rides a day in the city by van unfortunately it was always full when we asked. You have to book a special taxi to go to the city and it is quite expensive. Back to the hotel, taxis don't know the address and often wanted to leave us to the hotel nearby. The hotel car is the same price and has baby car seat upon demand.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank BangkokAdmirers
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
We just would like to clarify once again, that we have refunded much more money than what we were legally obliged to for a blouse that was allegedly ruined in our laundry (which cannot be proven with certainty).
Our laundry list clearly features a disclaimer that we are liable for maximum 10 times the cost of washing an item, no matter what is the alleged purchase price of an item.
We also would like to clarify that the profession of a guest or the mentioning of TripAdvisor in a conversation does not have an influence on our decision on how much we decide to compensate a guest for an alleged mistake. The reasons for this should be obvious as we do not want to be put under pressure to pay unreasonable amounts of compensation.
In this case, we have compensated more than what we were obliged and according to the amount that we deemed reasonable (Euro 225) for a used blouse that was supposedly damaged by our laundry.
Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had a pleasant time staying in serenity resort phuket. The sservice was exexcellent , breakfast was scrupulous and the people were amazing. The rooms are very clean and very spacious, most importantly .. Comfortable.

It was a wonderful experience and I will definitely go back. Only thing is that it's a little far from Manu tourist attractions. Suggest to rent a vehicle when you are here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Serenity Phuket and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with us! Sincerely, Urs - General Manager