All reviews seafood clean rooms free bicycles excellent wifi every morning short walk relaxing stay guesthouse sandys motorbike fridge mon beaches baht
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We stayed 3 nights at Sandy House and we had a wonderful time. We arrived late in the evening, they organized a driver for us who picked us up straight from the airport for a fair price.
She and her friendly dad welcomed us warmly and even respected our wish for a room in the first floor.
The room was neat and tidy and so was the bathroom, you'll find everything you need!
Every morning they offer you free coffee, tea and some toast with jam.
They also have many information about snorkeling trips etc.
All in all we would recommend to stay at Sandys from our heart!
It's simply lovely!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank El-X-Comandante
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

I looove this place .we reached at 10 pm with a friend.but our name on board .easy n friendly checkin.breakfast made by Papa is delicious. N clean modern n safe :close to all :what else!the pier is close n u can eat fresh sea food .n so many other restaurants on border of beach .love rawai n sandy

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

I've been in Thailand for months several times.
This is the BEST House I ever been in Thailand. Rooms are quite spacious, equipped with great and silent air conditioning system, modern and extremely clean bathroom, Flat Samsung TV where even I could dial Spanish TV channel, small and properly cooling fridge and a never ending supply of water.
Bed, sheets towels, etc. Everything first class.

Even taking in consideration the great equipment and conditions of the room, the most remarkable has been the incredibly kindness of the staff, always willing to help and trying to make more comfortable my staying.

I know I'll be back in Rawai. I'm completely clear where I'm gonna get my accommodation: Sandy House Rawai

Trip type: Travelled solo
Thank Francesc Parair... B
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay at Sandy House after choosing to visit a quieter area of Phuket after the madness of Patong, and the reviews all looked amazing.....and I can see why now.

The place is family owned and run and they were so friendly and helpful when we checked in, immediately showing us where the best places to eat and visit were in the area, before showing us where we could help ourselves to complimentary tea/coffee/water and fruit and offering to take our rucksacks to our room for us.

The grounds are fantastic. Really chilled out, incense burning everywhere, an open plan reception/dining area where the drinks, books, beach equipment and fruit were available free of charge, balconies for the top floor rooms and sheltered seating areas outside the groundfloor rooms, perfect for evenings when there was a storm and we could sit outside with a brew to watch it, and not to mention the well maintained garden areas.

The rooms were the best we've had since our stay in Thailand. Spotlessly clean, good wifi, tv with a great English film channel (no. 65), new air conditioning, free to use safe, fridge with 2 complimentary water bottles per day, a couch and table to lounge on, modern desk and wardrobe and a comfy clean bed. The windows were covered from the outside by vines that made you feel like you were staying in the jungle and the bathroom was modern, clean and had a shower that's far better than mine at home! We were also given clean towels everyday and each room came with an umbrella, which we unfortunately needed a couple of days.

A breakfast of toast, fruit, juice, tea and coffee is available every morning for free!!! That alone was delicious and filling, but for 100 baht you could order a cooked breakfast of various style eggs with bacon, sausage, ham or cereal. We ordered the cooked breakfast (you get the free breakfast still as well) 1 day and it was the best cooked breakfast we'd had up to this point of our travels.

Scooters are available to hire from the hotel and there are a number of bicycles you can use for free to go and visit nearby areas and beaches, which we did to a nice little beach about 20 mins away called Yanui Beach.

There are laundry services nearby, a 7-11, a beach front full of restaurants around the corner and a couple practically next door so the location is great.

The owners and the staff are extremely attentive, friendly, generous, welcoming and helpful. They sorted out any trips we had planned as well as getting us to the bus station in Phuket town on our last day there.
I was sad to leave but glad I got to stay at this hotel, I would urge anyone looking at staying in Rawai to chose the Sandy House Rawai. You won't regret it.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed April 16, 2017

Sandy's guesthouse is one of these hidden secrets that I'd almost prefer not to mention it on this site. One of these places where I want to go back to and hope that as few people as possible find out about it. But then again, the family (Peach, his wife and their dad/father-in-law) deserve a good and honest review, don't they.
Sandy's is just a stroll away from Rawai, a nice yet not overcrowded strip of the coast, good for boating trips to the nearby islands and good seafood. It's impeccably clean. The family and their staff are super friendly and with their attentive great service beat every 5-* resort with easily. The place is very quiet, nicely hidden in a side alley. They have a rich breakfast. One can choose between several Western and Thai breakfast menus. Coffee is free throughout the entire day. Price/value can hardly be competed with. Sandy's Guest House gets 5 stars in all categories.
I have visited Phuket island many times. In the early day I used to stay in Patong, then Karon, then Kata and now Rawai. If you want to get away from the crazy crowds and bustling (and noisy) nightlife, Rawais is a really good spot and Sandy's the place to start your daytrips from. They also offer motorcycles for rent at equally reasonable rates.
Well, now I just can hope that not too many people read this review, otherwise I might have a hard time to get an available room next time.

Date of stay: April 2017