“Far away from everything but Great place to stay!”
Review of At Panta

At Panta
Ranked #76 of 97 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hotel has a great area, big and really nice. I even didn't explored everything the hotel has as we stayed there just 2 nights. Little lake, huge field with real ox eating fresh grass at the morning. A lot of cozy pavilions around where you can do yoga or just seating and relaxing. Natural smells are amazing!
We stayed with 2 friends of my and took suit room (2 rooms + 2 bathrooms + kitchen). Room was excellent! With huge terrace where you even can have sunbath naked as nobody can see you.
Stuff is really warmly welcoming. Thank them for all their help!
For example, without any problem or charge I left my suitcase for almost one week (while I was travelling around).

NB: There are a lot of Russians. I was expecting more international audience though.

Room Tip: Suits are good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 January 2012

At Panta can be a tricky location to get to as not everyone knows it, but once there it's a little haven. The receptionist had no record of our reservation, which is potentially worrying and made check-in a lengthy affair, but the lady was very polite and professional, provided welcome drinks as I waited and upgraded us to poolside villas.

The rooms are spacious and designed in cute Thai style the triangle cushions on the terrace out front. AC doesn't work particularly well and the lock on the room was faulty but they sent an engineer over straight away. I liked the eco-touch of providing toiletries in ceramic, re-fillable bottles. I would say that if you book a triple, you should reasonably expect a room with three proper beds in, not an added put-me-up. This isn't unusual in the hotel trade but isn't fair.

Wifi is now free of charge and taxis to get around are priced fairly at the local going rate. Really can't grumble so don't know why others do!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Having booked a last minute Christmas get away my partner and I stumbled upon At Panta which seemed to be the answer i.e. not in the hustle and bustle of Patong and close enough to Surin beach (we thought).

We got there before check in time and once our villa was ready we settled in and took the bus to Surin Beach. These run at 10am and 2pm down and 2.30pm and 5pm back otherwise it is a 400 baht taxi journey. For a 15minute trip that seems a little steep i thought. If you want to go further i.e. Patong it's 800 baht ......

Unfortunately the real problem with this place lies with what happens when you get food poisoning as we did on boxing day. To get supplies i.e. immodium, water and rehydration sachets i took the 15 minutes walk the other way to Thalang but when i returned and also felt ill we were at the mercy of the poor food of the hotel and over inflated prices for water.

All in all we called it a day 2 nights early, no refund given and a 700 baht taxi ride to the airport....

nice place but a bit isolated.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2011

This resort was beautiful, we stayed in a villa, it was very quiet and perfect for a honeymoon, you do have to travel by taxi to get to nearest towns but the hotel do shuttles everyday to Surin where there is a lovely beach and lots of great places for food.

The food in this hotel was lovely not 5 star but nice and the waiting staff were so kind. I would go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I don't know what they use as a potpurri but when we opened our room it stunk of it and the kids didn't want to go inside. It was some mixture of Menthol and mothballs and wood gone mouldy. We put it outside and over the day the room became fresher. Once the overpowering musky smell was gone the Rooms were nice and clean and serviced daily. We didn't hear any noise of Traffic as previous reviewers suggested but our rooms were in the middle of the resort. The Big pool was beautiful to swim in and the resort had a lovely feel about it. Our Breakfast was excellent probably the best of our trip. Not buffet, Made to order, fruits, croissants, danishes, cereal, poached eggs, bacon, sausages, the works. Its not in a great location but as another reviewer said, I don't understand people complaining about location its easy to see and know this by looking on any map before you come. They offer a free shuttle service to the beach so I find no problem with resorts in slightly out of the way places with cheaper prices offering a shuttle. One time the manager picked us up in his ute and let the kids sit in the back of it. We loved it, with the wind in our hair, the kids laughed and waved at everyone the whole way home. Its these personal touches that make a stay memorable.
Aside of the smelly room at first we had 3 wonderful days at Panta. There was an electrical problem in our room on the last night which was very annoying but one of those incidences that are out of the blue and not really the resorts fault. But we did feel it wasn't handled with very well. And I agree with others that Internet should be Free when staying at a Resort.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed here for one night, were welcomed with friendly smiles. The room was clean, spacious and well equipped. It was very quiet during our stay. We ate at the resturant and was very expensive with additional costs. Over all we really liked our stay however it was a long walk to places, they did have shuttles but I think you would need to get a scooter for a long stay

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

At Panta is beatiful, its also great to be away from the "touristy" places. There are temples just around the corner. It is a bit out of the way but, if you turn right on the road and walk 10 minutes you'll get to Thalang's centre which has food shops, motorbike hire and fast internet that is A LOT cheaper than at At Panta. They rip you off there for sure. They actually charged me twice for my room (i've since got a refund) so make sure you check your bank statement after! The beds are very hard (thai style) but you get used to them. Having a farm next door was great too.

I highly recommend hiring a motorbike/scooter. Once you get used to the choas its actually a fun and cheap way of seeing phuket. We went to a pub with a band singing in Thai, nobody spoke english and we don't speak Thai, it was the best night we had we had so much fun hanging with the locals and they made us feel very welcome!

Its a beauiful, "Thai style" hotel, the free breakfast is good. But I do recommend eating, drinking, and using internet elsewhere to save money if you feel the need. But it is Thailand so in the scheme of things it really doesn't cost that much, its just more expensive than Patong hotels, however it is more genuine and peaceful...esp after coming back from an evening out in Patong!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple