All reviewsjunior suiterooftop poolstar hotelbeachphuketminimartbaht
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is ok for what you pay for but don’t expect luxury. It is 5mins walk from Surin Beach – which is nice and wide beach with big waves and lots of beach beds (which you have to pay 100baht a day for) and close to some nice local reasonably priced places to eat.
Our room was on 3rd floor facing away from the road so it was nice and quiet. Too bad that the pool that was in our view didn’t belong to Benyada. Our room was spacious, with huge but firm bed. Our bathroom was a bit shabby looking – the walls in the shower area were sort of dirty and mouldy. Other than that there is not much to say about the rooms. They are fine standard but nothing special.
There is no swimming pool – don’t be fooled by their website! There is a roof top bar but apparently that opens only during Christmas time. What they call ‘pool’ is a very shallow and small area that looks more like a foot bath. In April when we stayed the roof was completely abandoned and there was no water in the ‘pool’.
Breakfast was included in the rate but it was very poor and tiny. There is a choice of American, Continental and Thai breakfast. With the American you get a choice of two slices of dark or white bread or two tiny croissants. Two eggs made as you wish and either two tiny slices of bacon, two tiniest sausages from a can, or couple of slices of ham. They serve this on a huge plate so you feel like you are not getting much. The orange juice is some kind of powder drink. Don’t bother having dinner there! We did our first night and it was terrible. Everything is overpriced, the portions are tiny and the food is not tasty. There are other hotels and restaurants around that you can eat at. Few places are right on the beach so it is nice to have a sunset dinner there. There are even few local good value places to try some authentic thai food close by.
Surin is nice but you may get bored after few days. You can rent jet ski and some water equipment but other than that there is not much going on. The evenings are very quiet. We booked a day trip to the ‘James Bond Island’ but it wasn’t that great. We were stuck in a car or a boat for the most of the day and only stopped at few nice places for 10-30mins.
On our last day, we got scared by a tsunami warning. We were to fly home that night so we had already checked out of the hotel but left our luggage there. The hotel staff didn’t give us any instructions about what we needed to do or whether we needed to evacuate. They just said that the hotel was safe. So we ended up waiting on the roof! Fortunately the tsunami didn’t happen but I don’t even want to imagine what would happen if it did!
I don’t think that I would rush to stay at this hotel again but then my opinion may not be fair as we stayed in a beautiful bamboo huts on Phi Phi Island first and after that, Phuket was a bit of a disappointment.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor (no lift though!) away from the road if you want some piece and quiet. There is no sea view on either side anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Venculka
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The location of this hotel is pretty good. It's within a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. There are nearby hotels, restaurants, and convenience stores to take care of your needs. The hotel itself has a restaurant as well. The food there was very good in my opinion. The staff of the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. There is a public computer that's free for guest use in the lobby. The lobby and hallways are not Air Conditioned, but the rooms are. The rooftop bar/pool is misleading though, as it was not open when we were there. The balcony was small and didn't have a view, but it was still a balcony. Overall, I was satisfied with the Benyada. It wasn't the nicest place by any means but it was good overall and had great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank HotelHotelHotel
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed there because I found a last minute very discounted offer. I paid a third of the normal price for a double room with view.
The room was pretty, clean, big and with a very hard large bed. The view was on the cables from the street below ahaha (second floor) as I said based on what I paid it was very ok. But I guess that if you pay full price it is a bit abusive.
The bathroom is really nice but you cannot see well, poor lightening. Luckily there is a huge mirror in the room.
On the internet they were saying that you will get a exceptional hospitality. Well I guess they were tired when I went. The hotel was empty. I met 3 others guests in total so you could expect a bit more of a welcome. The guy at the reception barely spoke English it was a bit complicate to do simple things such as having a free wifi working.
The breakfast was cheap, really not nice.
Anyways it was 5 minutes walking from the beach, there you could get good food. And I recommend the next door place for massages and pedicure.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level than 2nd floor but remember there are only stairs to go up
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great location for the beautiful (and quiet) Surin beach. We had a Standard Room which was a good size and had the benefit of a small balcony. The rooftop bar was not open and looked a bit tired. We booked for 3 nights and stayed for 5. There's not much going on in Surin at night and it has a very limited selection of restaurants but a taxi to Patong only costs 500 thb each way. Staff were very pleasant, breakfast was ok though limited in choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2012

In a nutshell, Phuket has gotten extremely expensive. For the Surin Beach area, Benyada Lodge is good value, it is right next to the Manathai and Twin Palms. We paid approx $80 a night. Staff were great and rooms were clean. However, the beds were rock hard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple