“A stunning Sojourn”
Review of Carthage Thalasso

Carthage Thalasso
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gammarth
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

It is always a pleasure to be back for a refreshing stay in this first class resort located in a classy neighborhood on the shore of the Mediterranean. Here resides a world class customer service chaired by the competent Hela , lavish food banquets, majestic infinity edge sea water pool and wrap it up with either Organic tea or cocktail at the timeless Cafè Maure.
I cannot make up my mind which experience I have enjoyed most at Carthage Thalasso as the recent overrides the precedent with fantabulous moments. The resort is conveniently located next to the capital international airport , many amenities and the historic archeological site of Phoenician/Roman Carthage as well as Spaniard Fortress on top of the hill in blue/ White painted village Saidi Bou Said under UNESCO Patrimoine.
I already look forward to my next stay.
RBR-

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
direction génér... c, Responsable relations publiques at Carthage Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Mr. RIDHA,

Only one word cross my mind when I read your article: Thank you, Thank you ……

Indeed, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay that much and would choose CARTHAGE THALASSO RESORT again. Your description of the hotel’s design is just perfect.
Our greatest motivation is the satisfaction of our guests during their stay and I am very happy that we were able to achieve that. The entire team was delighted by your kind praises.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The resort is big and has many amenities. Outdoor swimming pool is great with a nearby bar.

Several restaurants are inside the main building (lobby).

Rooms are fine, might need a little refurbishing.

Beach was fantastic with great seating options.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr JALLOUN,

Thank you so much for choosing CARTHAGE THALASSO RESORT for your stay and taking the time to write and share your laudatory feedback with us.
It is always a pleasure to read such a nice review from our guest and we are so honored to know that you are impressed about your stay .
we hope to have the opportunity to see you again very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Really nice hotel with all amenities and very helpful, friendly staff- which is why it pains me to write this. I was given a pool-front room and was not told that weddings were happening right in front of the room with blasting music until 3am. I was not able to sleep. The friendly receptionist asked if I wanted to move in the middle of the night or in the morning, which I could not do because I was here on a business trip so taken during the day. I really wish they would have told me that when I checked in. For this reason, I would not recommend this hotel (unless you plan to stay out until 3am).

Room Tip: Ask about the events at the hotel before you check in
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lina G
direction génér... c, Responsable relations publiques at Carthage Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Lina,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Hotel CARTHAGE THALASSO RESORT.
It was indeed a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel and also the staff.
But however very saddened because of the inconvenience caused by the noise of music and we are really sorry.
Please, do not hesitate to let us know of your next visit in Tunisia as it would be for us a great opportunity to welcome you .

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

A bit over the top decorated hotel .
services at the front desk are SLOW, helpful but very slow!

rooms were very spacious, comfortable and clean. although you must bring on mosquito repellent, because there are plenty and it can get uncomfortable at night...big time!

food wasn't as appealing as the rooms, not to my taste at least, to greasy and tasteless in some occasions! I stocked up the fridge to avoid the disappointment.

the lobby keeps smelling like a fast food outlet... gets too strong at dinner time, very unpleasant.

Staff are OK, but housekeeping keep the room spotless!

did i like it???? not sure

Room Tip: get the 200's series rooms to avoid the noisy ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Sarah,

Following your stay at CARTHAGE THALASSO RESORT you were kind enough to send us some detailed comments about your experience. Your comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

Indeed, we have taken note of all things you disliked about the hotel as well as things you liked. We have made a very detailed review about your lack of satisfaction concerning the inconsistent of the service.

Be assured that we are taking measures to ensure this does not reoccur and we expect we will have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Sincerely

Hela Lassoued

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Carthage Thalasso Hotel
This is a bit over the top decorated luxe hotel at bargain prices. It caters mostly to Libyan families. The check in was slow and the employees at reception seemed very surprised we were arriving even though we had confirmation via face book that we could do early check in.
Overall we used the Maya spa, the pool, the pool bar, Corrida beach area, Corrida beach bar, and breakfast buffet.

The negative:
The phones in the rooms did not work well. When I would call reception there was horrible buzz and had to scream each time. One of our rooms the phone just had no dial tone whatsoever.
The pool service was great with one particular waiter that seemed to be doing all the work running to and from bar and kitchen. But the food options were underwhelming and generally just not flavorful or well-presented for a four star hotel.
The options at corrida beach for food and service were deplorable.
Check in was so slow and uninformative ( we didn’t know if we were going to be able to check in because they acted like they didn’t know were coming, even though I had prepaid room – also no information provided about the hotel like we didn’t know we were supposed to pick up our pool and beach towels here- I used the room towels first couple days because reception was so far away)
We arrived close to 8am. And while we had no expectation to be checkin right away, reception still felt like they had no clue what they were doing. They asked us to wait for a while with no explanation of how long it would take. Then they asked if we wanted to check in today to tomorrow. With our bags all in the lobby it clearly meant we wanted to check in today. I had fully paid to check in the day we arrived and not the following. After more incoherent feedback from the reception, we finally agreed that we would go to breakfast and after breakfast they should be able to give us more information. We later found out that there was an electricity outage and they didn’t have internet, but they never explained why there was so much confusion about our arrival. We had breakfast at the buffet even though we would have preferred and a la carte option. The buffet has plenty of options for all palates complete with omelet and crepe station
After a couple hours we finally got some answers from reception that they would be able to check us in but not give us our room preferences of sea view. Which was fine with us, and had that been the problem before and had they shared with us, we would have said we would take any early check in option available, those were preferences but not deal breakers.

Positive:
The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping provided towels refreshment in the morning and evening
There is a fridge in the room
The pool and beach area are clean and well maintained.
Walking distance to Carrefour if you want to get snacks and drinks to chill in fridge.
Check out was much smoother after a bad hotels.com review of check in process. So they are working on improvement

Overall, I would stay again, and knowing what I know, I will just not plan on eating there except for breakfast!

Maya Thalasso Spa
We went immediately after an uneasy early check in for out 10 am spa treatments, which we had booked via email but upon arriving at the Maya spa there was no evidence that they knew of any email correspondence. Nonetheless they were able to accommodate all four of us and our preferred services just not in the order we had suggested as they had to do some choreography with rotating the staff available amongst the four of us. I had the sea weed Jacuzzi bath, a massage with hot stones and a reflexology massage on my feet. Both the bath and massage were great. The reflexology was a bit underwhelming as I am used to having more pressure, but it was not bad to combine with the hot rocks massage. All in all spent 2.5 hours in the spa upon arrival and it was the best way to start my Tunisian vacation. While there are areas of the spa under construction, the areas we used were well kept, clean and very appropriately set up. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. Over all it was a delightful spa experience and I would definitely go back if the opportunity presented itself.
Corrida Beach
This is the beach shack restaurant associated with the Cartahge Thalasso Hotel. Kitchen opens at 1pm. I went on Sunday afternoon where a local salsa group hosts and afternoon dance party. They only played a couple salsa songs and it was all kizomba for the rest of the afternoon so I didn’t not stay past a couple hours. The food was not impressive. I suggest eating before going and just enjoying drinks. The bar service is pitiful. But if drinking beer, I suggest getting buckets beer at a time, and that way you have beer at your table. Just plan for the bucket replenishment well in advance before finishing your last beer because that takes a while as well. Hotel guests have a designated area but there is no service in that area. The access to the beach is perfect as it is literally feet in the water from the front line beach umbrellas and lounge chairs. They do a good job about keeping the area clean. There is a life guard. Good security. Just poor food and service!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Sincerely

Hela Lassoued

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was visiting Tunisia with 5 (girl) friends for the wedding of a close friend.

Take a yellow taxi from the airport and make sure they put the meter on!!
Should be no more than 10 DIN! Takes around 30-40 minutes.

Hotel is lovely. Grand, clean and well maintained.
Pool area is great too and VERY reasonably priced for drinks.
Lots of security and staff around.

Rooms are spacious and cleaned on a daily basis.

Breakfast is great and we had the buffet dinner too - good choice and not too expensive.

Lots of places to eat nearby and all accessible by taxi.
Go to Ice 'n Roll for live made ice cream!!!

Also go and visit the Souk!

BIG thanks to the great staff on the reception, who were very helpful and kind.

Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
direction génér... c, Responsable relations publiques at Carthage Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear Guest ,

It is quite difficult to find the words to thank you for these wonderful and generous comments and for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, our entire team does the utmost to take excellent care of all our guests and we aim to make every stay an unforgettable experience.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and we are all truly thankful for your feed-back.

Hopefully we will have many more occasions to welcome you at CARTHAGE THALASSO RESORT , we are definitively looking forward to the next time .

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I organised a conference of 120 participants from 25 to 27 April and everything went well.
The flexibility, the availability, the kindness of the employees are a plus!
The quality of the food, the space of meeting rooms were at the top.
Thanks to all and specially to Abel Waheb the commercial director.

Room Tip: Pool view would be the best
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Michel ,

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relation Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gammarth
0.2 km away
2.8 km away
Regency Tunis Hotel
Regency Tunis Hotel
#4 of 7 in La Marsa

Been to Carthage Thalasso? Share your experiences!