“Not a 4*** hotel”
Review of El Mouradi Beach

El Mouradi Beach
Ranked #89 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We cannot ask very much if you don't pay a lot. But it's not acceptable for a 4**** hotel. The employes are not friendly and the hotel is old. It should have a re-style. The food is always the same. It doesn't have variety. I have never seen so many russians together. The russians are not polite and they are very noisy. In the meanwhile the beach it's very good. The sea is clean and calm. The hotel it's far from Yashmin and from the new medina (15km). You can easily get a taxi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andreia G

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I went on a family trip to tunisa in july, when we got to the hotel everything went down hill we had to wait for 4 hrs before we could get a room and when we were given out rooms they were not cleaned, my sister in law had to little kids and they gave her a room on second floor after complaining and getting ''one moment please'' which turned into several hours we manged to get a ground floor room.

we went all inclusive big mistake the waiters were arguing with each other which ment you had to wait hours for a drink, the food was awfull, the waiters were rude the dinning hall wasnt cleaned as food my 10 mnth old niece dropped on the floor was their the next morning.

the pool doesnt get cleaned out it was minging. on the second day of my holiday I started off with the runs which lasted all week slowely all 10 of us started with upset stomach's whilst chatting to other british guest they had the same symptoms.

it was a nightmare holiday from start to finish, since being back i have been to the doctor for tests and it has come to light that we have got salmonella my 10mnth old niece has ended up in hospital with it. I would avoid al mouradi beach hotel at all cost and I wouldn't even get 1 star from me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ishart
Reviewed 15 June 2011

stayed here from 6june til 11june. nice hotel friendley staff top service with a tasty food. cant fault it.decoration and carpet wise no comment cos its not my house. iwould defenetley recommend it

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank gudboy
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Grotty, tired hotel, in a scruffy area with a dirty beach!!!! No external complex facilities are open after September!!! A leaking roof in main bar, dirty hammam paint peeling from the walls. Waited 5 days for a replacement light bulb, before helping ourselves to one from a corridor. Smoking allowed "everywhere" including the restaurant despite there being a notice "Thank you for not smoking"!!!!!! Permanent smoke pall hanging over everything!!!!! Food is buffet style and its like feeding time at the zoo!!! The local guests act like at a chimps tea party. Unruly, undisciplined screaming children allowed to run riot in main reception area. Only facities for drinks are in the bar area (including non alcoholic
A truly nightmare stay, would never recommend this hotel to anyone
Only good point was that the staff were friendly and the local doctor & hospital was excellent!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Krissy16250
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Located just at a nice sandy beach (deckchairs, sunshades, beach volley, etc. free), very nice green resort, 5 km from Hammamet and Nabeul (taxi 5 dinars). Souvenir market and ATM nearby. A quite quiet location, except for some loud music from the hotel and the ones nearby. Food (all inclusive) was mostly delicious, wide selection, adjusted to european standard but also providing local specialities (we did not have any stomach problems). Kind and friendly staff (french, english, italian, german spoken), we felt safe and dealt with correctly in-house. Everybody was always on time. Negatives: for sure not 4 (european) stars, you have to expect a few "sloppy" arabic details, so if you're picky, this one is not for you; but - you should not let these details ruin the great overall experience! Remark: DON'T try to drive in Tunisia (they drive really crazy).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I arranged a week at Hammamet's Abou Nawas resort for a chance to get out of Germany to the sun. The trip flew me to Monastir and bussed me to Hamamet's hotels. It was a bit of a long day, so I was happy to arrive at this hotel. The accomodations are average, compared to other Northern African resorts I've visited: Marrekesh, Sharm el Sheik.

The highlight of the week was arranging to visit the market at Naebul, nearby. It's not so touristed, and the local crafts there were amazing. I loved the pottery, silver and "real people" stalls. I got a lovely silver cuff for my upper arm, some great Tunisian ceramic dishes, and a couple of lovely bed covers.

My agenda in going to Tunisia was to see the country of ancient Carthage. I went on a day bus trip to Tunisia with a guide to the site of the settlement of the ancient Phoenicians called Carthage. I was astounded to learn that the founder of this ancient settlement was a Phoenician woman! My mother was thrilled to hear this tidbit, when I shared it. She's from Carthage, NC and was astounded at all I learned about the original Carthage. The day tour included a visit to a typical home in Sidi bu Said, a suburb of Tunis where there are many British expatriots. Their homes are interesting and they all feature a distinct turquoise blue trim. An interesting and not very tiring way to spend one of my days on this relaxing vacation.

There are no remaining Carthagenian ruins near Tunis, but being on the site that had been taken over by the Romans later was a thrill. I was able to purchase a lovely brass tray, with a folding table to make it nice for tea, in a shop in Naebul. The designer assured me the pattern I chose was one of Phoenician design, so I have a lovely memento of my trip.

The sun shone so consistently, I forgot all about being away from cool, cloudy Germany. I recharged my energy by the pool where I met some lovely German tourists, and I was forced to speak either French or German all week. No one spoke much English. It was a hoot for me to rely on my poor ability to communicate. I laughed so much at my ineptitude that I came home with a tired face! One refreshing aspect of this trip is that there were no incidents of agressive Arab men attempting to "get" something from a blond, caucasian tourist. I had been harassed plenty in my two other trips to Northern Africa, so this was a nice surprise. However, there was a terrorist bombing in another part of the country during the time I was there. I never knew until I returned to Germany and got up-to-date press. That's the only lacking aspect of this journey, no Int'l press anywhere! No CNN on cable TV, either.

The hotel food was fine, not superior. I had lovely tuna sandwiches by the pool, and there was adequate Tunisian red wine available. The bar was open throughout the day, with nice olives and nuts to munch upon, whether I had a coctail or just coffee. The evening scene at the bar was lively and fun. Hospitality is a well practiced behavior in this resort. There were no moments in which I felt I'd come to a strange, uncomfortable place.

I visited two different local restaurants for local seafood, and I got a "free" carpet lecture on a hotel-arranged tour (it included a stop in the local town, so I had an agenda). It's a sales pitch, but I'd decided before I left not to buy any carpets, so my resolve saved me the bother of how to transport it back on the plane. The brass tray and stand were enough of a challenge with the ceramics adding to the complicated packing. All made it home without damage. I came home with a great tan, some lovely new caftans to add to my wardrobe, and a happy memory of my vacation choice.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Shabby and badly maintained rooms: fine for Polish and Russian tour groups but not for more adventurous travellers. Rooms lack basic amenities-- shampoo, hair driers, safes, minibar. Tunisia provides excellent wines but you won't find them here: only one sort of red, white, rose available. Breakfast pretty dire: could not face buffet. Ten minutes taxi ride to centre of Hammamet. This is a four star? More like two.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank pantagruelParis