Having read some of the previous reviews we wondered if we had made the right decision.
We found the actual hotel bright and cheery and the bedroom was first class and cleaned on a daily basis to a very high standard with plenty of hot water and fresh towels daily. Bottled water was given freely from the bars.
The restaurant was pleasant with the service from the staff very good, the food was varied with lots of choice with something for everyone, although it did change at week-ends when the locals arrived then it became a little manic to say the least.
A real plus at this hotel is the dine around option that they offer which gives you the opportunity to visit four other Ibostar hotels in the area and enjoy an Al La Carte evening meal and if you are there for two weeks it is possible to enjoy five meals out with drinks included as part of the all inclusive deal - a real bonus.
The hotel director can often be seen joining other guests at the hotel in the dining room and sharing their table in the hope I presume of obtaining feedback but he is very selective were he sits and seems to like the company of females which is fine, but I am sure he would get a more general feel of how the hotel was performing if he circulated more with a wider range of guests, but maybe he doesn’t want to get indigestion!
One downside is the smoking, the area used for the animation in the evening was thick with smoke. Although the dining room and reception is non smoking the reception could do with more and better seating because both bars are smoking areas.
With regards to a tipping culture at this hotel we did not find this in fact all the staff we found to be polite courteous and most helpful and a credit to the hotel and fully deserved any tips we gave them.
The situation of the hotel was ideal for us as you can walk to the port along the promenade about 20 min each way.
Be mindful that certain weekends of the year the hotels can be taken over by locals due to special deals being offered by the hotel. Two weeks in March was their spring holiday weeks.
In short nice hotel, pleasant staff, and a very nice holiday, would I go back yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel lies directly Hammamet - Yasmine (Tunisia) and just 200 m from the beautiful sandy beach. Family-friendly complex. Lively entertainment program. Just 5 km from two golf courses. Thalasso - therapy centre with different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Medina Belisaire & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Belisaire
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet