All reviewspool bargreat animation teamprivate beachreceptionistanimatorssunbedsdance
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I will list the Pro and Cons of our planned 5 nights stay that at the end it turned to only 3 nights as we can't stay more due to repetitive incidents.
I have first to be fair and report very good the quality and quantity of food in the buffet or in the Pizzeria. The beach quality is also very good. However, the all-inclusive package is accompanied with a very bad service, sometimes even an agressive attitude from son waiters ( they are trained to not to look around nor answer you while you request a drink). The cleaning service of the hotel room is done only on check-in, the rest of our stay was horrible, no towels , no cleaning and above all very arrogant and agressive staff. Our repetitive reporting to the higher management of several incidents didn't solve the situation and we felt at the end to be at risk when the beach guard started annoying my 17 years daughter. It's a real disaster, keep away!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Mohamed B
mahdia2013, Manager at LTI Mahdia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Hello
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment on our Hotel, this will surely help us improve our services

Reviewed August 29, 2017

So we have just returned from our vacation in Mahdia Beach...I don;t know where to start... when we arrived, our fist contact with staff was a receptionist that took our passports and paper from the agency, without speaking a word to us. That is because she doesn't speak either English or German. After filling some papers she directed us to the colleague for the room, he was dealing with at least 10 other people, and informed us that our room is not ready and would be available from 14:00. When I asked what does that mean from 14:00, is that 15:00. 16:00, 17:00 or 18:00, he said not at 18:00. I have been little bit shocked, and he explained me that there is so many people that have arrived also waiting for their rooms?? I understand that he was only one there working with all of us, but that is a management problem, not mine.
Anyway we have got our room key little bit after 14:30, and that was mainly because we were there in the lobby in front of the reception so we could heard him calling our name.

Room was "freshly" cleaned, with a cleaner still outside, that I needed to ask to wipe the desk with some obvious dust, hair, crumbs on it, and then again ask for some additional towels...

Everything needs like a good real cleaning. I can live for ten days with old but clean sheets, towels, napkins...but eating from a dirty table every day, not seeing a waiter to actually wipe it...and then if you sit by the window, it is also stained with greasy hands or what ever...pool bar and pizzeria same thing...
staff, waiters and cleaner are mostly nice, but have no idea what 4 star service mean, during the meals in the main and only restaurant (if you don't count pizzeria) waiters are in complete chaos, rushing trough the crowd as they are not there to make thing better rather worst.

Mini club is no club at all. Activity program is there just for show, since they haven't organized a single activity from it (football, mini golf, face painting, pirate costume painting and so on). My son was disappointed, and the people working there they don't actually speak German (which is the foreign language that my son speak), and their English is not quite understandable. Sometimes they were at the beach ( where
I could observe them) with 3 to 5 children, kids would draw on sunbeds, and girl and a young man, those so called animator where finishing their breakfast, and keeping an eye on them.
Inflated slides that were on the hotel pictures are non existing, but I have discovered that in reviews in June. One of the reason that we have choose Mahdia beach,were activities for children and this slides...but it seems that thing have changed.

Good news is that Mediterrean sea is wonderful despite this so called hotel, and that we were lucky to find sunbeds and umbrella almost every day on the beach, and there are plenty of excursion so you avoid spending time there. If we ever come back to Tunis, not going near to this hotel, and choose something with 4 star standards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jelena K
mahdia2013, Manager at LTI Mahdia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Reviewed July 28, 2017

The hotel lobby is amazing and really nice. The grounds are also pleasant, but when you go on vacation you expect much more than comfy bedrooms and a nice looking lobby.
The Excellent: Grounds,The beach club, Extremely clean rooms.
The Bad: Everything that is not listed as excellent or terrible is bad.
The terrible: Employees seem they are doing a favor to you all the time. People from reception is the worst crap you could ever relate to. I asked to see where could I get my boarding pass printed and they said "We don't do that at this resort" in a very not nice way. They never try to help and make check in a hassle.
The food is just gross. I had to go eat out somewhere else because is unbelievable. all inclusive are usually full of crap but this one is far beyond crap. No clean forks or knifes anywhere. No one to ask for help or napkins. Not enough food... mess everywhere just gross. People from the bars so frustrated because only 2 employees for a bunch of people, plus they are super slow. Guest where frustrated serving their own drinks at the bar because the 2 baristas-bar man weren't enough.
I don't recommend anyone going here unless you and your family like to pay to be treated like trash.

I have a single word to describe this resort: GUETTO

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Juan N
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Booked and reserved this hotel for 4 nights and I can barely stay for 3 nights and didn't ask for my money back, this hotel is terrible with misbehaved staff!
My experience started since hotel entering, as I have been advised by parking keeper to find any parking lot outside the hotel and not to park my car inside as he clams no parking space; however, some areas where reserved for special visitors looks like, and it end up that I park my car outside following the instructions!
Check-in process takes forever and staff are not organized and finally you get the room at the very far end of the hotel around 15 minutes walking to reach the room. The room was terrible, only one towel for three people and one set of toiletries (one shower gel and one shampoo) after asking the reception to send two additional sets of toiletries because we are family of three surprisingly they said "NO" as per there regulations they deliver only one set per room regardless number of persons inside! for the towels they said they will deliver two additional unfortunately noting delivered till check out.
Room towel are dirty every day change with new dirty towel, beach towels are always dirty with some blood spots and stains during the whole stay! poor food for the three meals and no varieties, misbehaved staff and not helpful when you ask for something or guidance no one is welling to help! Shower head splashing water everywhere not shooting to your body, reported this 10 times and the answer was that's what we have! I can't stay the whole period I paid for and left one night earlier than what I paid because by all means it's a lose of money.

Forget to tell that my wife and daughter during checkout suffered from several skin rashes due to poor bed-sheets/towels hygiene.

The bottom line, I will never ever visit such nasty hotel in my entire life, I definitely doesn't recommend this hotel to anyone! Bad Bad Bad!

Room Tip: Try to find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Haitham A

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Thanks to all the animators:

* Animation leader: MOMO,
* Water Jym : Maya,
* Dart Game: Mido,
* Dance and water polo: Pickachou,
* Kids Activities: Laura (chayma), Rania, Pipetou
* Petanque Game: Tito
* Archery Game: Micha

Very nice food with a lot of variety, Thanks to all the catering staff for the good meals services and the good service they offered

Finally thanks to all staff of the hotel.

Back next year Inchallah