1,472 results
All reviews half board tunisian hotels beach bar private beach pizza buffet restaurant waiter service tunisian dishes every meal kids club waiters sunbeds entertainment holiday tip seaweed cases
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Just a day or two after arrival, was thinking that this review would be much more positive than the one I am writing now....

To start: overall facilities are OK. Rooms with sea (and pool) view are nice, some people did complain about the rooms on the ground floor facing outside the building. The few dollars extra for sea view are worth it. Room clean and I reasonably good shape, furniture not that new, but still ok and not worn down. Lobby and lobby bar nice and clean.

Pool area is very nice, and there is a bar located next to it. Bar open in the evening as well, with music playing during day and evening providing a nice atmosphere. Sun beds comfortable but the cushions are very worn down and not clean. Good side is that towels are provided and changed during the day.

We stayed at the hotel with an all inclusive package. Have to say that food was really good for this price range of hotel. Good mix of different dishes, so plenty to choose from, including excellent deserts that I normally would not eat, but could not resist.

The guests were from different parts of Europe which also was good as you did not have one nation “dominating” the entertainment etc.

BUT..... and here it comes... most of staff was not that friendly...we did tip a lot but this did not seem to help much. When trying to order drinks, we would be often met with replies like there is no rum (or other liquor) maybe one hour later (and this was in afternoon, not that we tried to order drinks in the morning). At the pool there mostly was beer only and we were told to go to main bar in lobby to get anything else. Not good when you are wearing swim trunks. Also in the main bar in the lobby (only bar open in the evening) at 8/9 PM you would also hear often that they had run out of alcohol and have only vodka or something else left. Have never experienced that in an all inclusive hotel. And seriously, did not see any drunk people around the hotel, so it’s not like that guests were drinking so much so they would run out. So when you have unfriendly staff that tells you off when you want to order something, this is not what you need on your holidays.

Also in the main restaurant the ventilation does not work. So all the smoke from the fried food was everywhere making it difficult to eat sometimes. There is a nice outdoor are where you can eat, but the weather did not always allow to sit there.

After the first day was thinking I would return here due to the short I distance from home country, as well as reasonable price for the quality offered. But after a week of bad service doubt that I will do that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bart12_Warsaw
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

the place is so Quiet and nice for relaxing at the beach also the view awesome , just my comments about the staff some of them are not friendly , tv so poor and channels ,
Food its nice but the repeat it same 3 or 4 times per week

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed 3 weeks at this hotel, and we did not have much to complain about - BUT it is no longer 5 star standard unfortunately, due to lack of renovation. The AC didnt really work all 3 weeks we stayed there, however the reception was really kind, and tried to move us to other rooms, but the problem lies all over the hotel, so we decided to stay in our room. In general the staff is very polite, and serviceminded, not something you see very often in Tunisia today (been in tunisia every year since 2010) Only the cleaning lady was a little greedy, dont leave coins in the room unless its for her
The restaurant serves good food, a lot to choose from, but of course after 3 weeks everything starts to get similar The beach restaurant is indendent, and when having all incl. you can eat there for free 1 time, however the service and communication here is really bad - we wanted to spoil our selves, and ordered extra fine wine and snacks, and then suddenly we had to pay for everything, also our menu... Really bad service (we did not pay this is the end, but the whole deal ruined my birthday dinner)
Spa and Thalasso is still top - 5 star worthy!
We are planning to come back next year, because the hotel was very comfortable for us, but i hope the management will start to renovate a little, and change madresses and sunchairs around the pool, so they dont loose the 5 star status.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina Z
Reviewed August 18, 2017

It was a beautiful hotel. but the service was bad. The food was verry good. On the first day we didn't have towels, we had to ask 4 times to get them. We didn't had a key for our safe. After asking for it for 3 times we gave up, 2 days later a man came out of our chambre and told us he put a new lock in the safe an had to ask at the reception for the key. On the last day we went to sleep at 21h, the music was verry loud, i went to the reception and asked for them to put the music a litle bit down, he said "ok, i wil make a phone call" the music went even louder. It is a big hotel very beautiful, but there is nothing around the hotel, no animation. In 8 days there where 2 "aquagyms"... if you can name it that. The instructor asked to my girl if she wanted to go with her to a room.
I would never recommend this hotel to everybody.

Sorry for my bad englisch, i hope you can understand everything.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonasthevelein
THALASSAHOTELS, Responsable relations clients at Royal Thalassa Monastir, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your holiday spent at Royal Thalassa Monastir.

Your comments are important because they help us improve so we can offer you the best.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

We booked 21 nights at Royal Thalassa, Arriving at the hotel we were offered to change rooms one with a better view to which we accepted. We asked at the desk for the safe key which I was advised would be delivered to the room. This did not happen & asked several times. When we left we were asked to return the safe key that was never given to us. Room 422 there was no air conditioning we called reception & went to the desk everyday. 3 men from maintenance came & advised us it could not be fixed this went on for 11 days despite being told we could move rooms but no new room provided. We were sleeping on the floor to get the tiny bit of cold air coming from the vent and the cold tiles as it was over 40 degrees. (See
We found bugs & ants in the bathroom (see pictures). The plug in the bathtub was jammed closed causing the water the build up, we called reception that advised someone would come right away .. they didn't. The next night water level was higher & flooding the bathroom, called reception again every 30 minutes for 3 hours still no one came despite being told every time "someone is on there way right now" this caused us to miss our anniversary meal. We went to reception & spoke with the hotel director & he moved us room 372 (connecting room - very noisy)
We were also offered free dinner at La Voile with champagne for missing anniversary dinner but no champagne available. Also free spa treatments which was not followed up on & did not receive.
Water should be left everyday by housekeeping however we had to call reception more than once a day to get the water. My Husband ended up going to get it himself as receptionist kept telling us it will be there right now but never came - AS USUAL.
Day 16 I found a caterpillar in my salad, the waiter took the plate to the chef but no action or apology from the chef.
No tongs for bread or at snack bar so guests were picking food up with fingers, eating & licking their fingers & picking up more food with there hands. This is UNHYGIENIC.
Day 19 we came back to the room to find no top sheet on the bed we called reception at 5:25pm, 5:50pm no result we went to the desk at 6:15pm & 6:50pm still no sheet. 7:05pm got sheets by himself however reception did not want to give him as the hotel director who heard the conversation regarding the sheets but no reaction.
SPA - booked for couples 40 minutes massage, entered room in robes therapists asked us to remove robes but did not leave the room to give us some privacy. So I felt very uncomfortable as I had removed my bra. Therapist did not was hands prior to treatment even though there was a sink provided do so. Therapists did not remove flip flops & were very noisy when moving around the treatment beds. We were no covered with a sheet or towel during massage, when asked to turn over I felt very uncomfortable as I had no top on & therapists did not cover my chest for atleast 1 minute (which felt like forever) very unprofessional . When massage finished therapist made a lot of noise including slamming the door closed as they went out, they did not advise massage was finished, not that we were relaxed anyway. My husband checked his watch to find we only had 30 minutes treatment of the 40 minutes we booked. I advised spa reception about the timing but he continued to print the bill for 2 x 40 minute treatments, my husband had to translate for my to adjust the bill. We had also planned to use the indoor pool straight after our treatment however we cancelled & did not book any additional treatments that we intended to prior to our 1st treatment. As a spa manager myself this is NOT a 5* spa, the location & decor is beautiful but let down by under trained & unprofessional staff.
POOL - very dirty found multiple hair balls & vegetables (olives & pickles etc...)
Very hard to get towels, my husband felt because he is local he had to pay the lifeguards every time to get towels which would still sometimes take 30 minutes +. When we first arrived on 12th July there was always fresh towels on empty beds - same on the beach. One day we had 2 beds by the pool at lunchtime we left our belongings when we went for lunch & we returned to 1 bed & my bad on the floor. The lifeguard had taken it.

Saturdays & Sundays nowhere to park & expected to park in the gym car park which is used by locals using the gym & is far away from reception.

THE HIGH SPEED INTERNET does not work in the rooms, by the pool or in the restaurant, for 2 days in a row I could not connect at all & we needed access for work.

We never felt welcome at reception, I could not speak to anyone without my husband translating both at the desk & over the phone, when asking for items that we should not have to ask for (water, bed sheets, towels etc ...)

Luckily my husband knew most of the restaurant staff personally so they looked after us. If I was there by myself I doubt I would of received the same service.

We choose this hotel as my husband insisted that it was an amazing hotel & had only heard good feedback about it in previous years but we were just left with disappointment after disappointment.

We have both travelled over 50 countries around the world staying in many hotels from 2* - 6* which we have never seen necessary to right a bad report about. But after our experience over the 21 days stay we felt this review was more than necessary. The hotel itself is lovely, size, decoration etc. However needs more attention to detail when it comes to service. This hotel does not live up to its 5* rating & needs a lot of work starting from the top. Staff members will not deliver the services needed unless coached & influenced better by supervisor/managers. After the LACK of interest from the hotel director on our problems, I don't blame area supervisors/managers as they do not have a strong leader to follow.

In conclusion my anniversary has been ruined & I DO NOT recommend this hotel after our experience over the 21 night stay.

We did plan at the start of our holiday to possible extend an additional 2 weeks which did not happen ofcourse due the the above mentioned.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joanne C
THALASSAHOTELS, Responsable relations clients at Royal Thalassa Monastir, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Joanne,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for not making your stay as memorable as it should have been.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in Royal Thalassa Monastir.

Thank you again for your comment.