Travelled from Leeds Bradford End of February for one week. Cost of holiday good less than 500 pounds each for a week all inclusive for two adults.
Flight good just under 3 hours. Arrival Good, nice new airport easy transit to coaches. Transfer to the hotel is a long and for me a depressing experience. One hour forty minutes of driving through squalid dirty and deprived areas. We stopped at a few hotels on route and it seem that each hotel tries to be a tourist oasis in this midden.
Hotel reception was good and the eagerness to please can be overpowering. We were given our room and told it was a very very nice room. It was clean but small, just enough for two adults, I believe they will put an extra bed in for children but was told by one family this prevented the opening of the wardrobe doors. Our room was over reception which was noisy from six in the morning until late at night with coaches and other traffic arriving, we relocated to the other side of the block without any fuss. If you want a bigger room with a television ask for a room on the top floor Usually 10 dinars a night extra.
The dining is by allocated table and waiter and the service was good. This service is given as with all the staff in the hotel with the expectation of a tip. The food was good plenty of choice for a weeks stay. However I could not eat the breakfast sausages.
All inclusive drinks good and snacks during the day were ok. We had great weather and made the most of the pool area which was great, this I think made the holiday.
If you wish to do anything outside the hotel you will need to take a taxi as it is pretty remote. The choice to go somewhere in the evening would have been nice as the entertainment was not that good, Bingo Karaoke and a few local events.
Shopping is awash with designer fakes and provided by a few shops and stalls in the hotel. I am surprised that the designer fake trade with it's association with the drugs and human trafficking companies like Thomas Cook allow such trade to be carried out in there hotels.
Would I go again, Yes if the price and weather was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse (Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 sq m of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia