See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

This hotel has got potential and a great shower but iam afraid that's it! Do not be put off Tunisia because this hotel is not a good representation of how the hotels are. My friend and I are just back from spending 2 weeks there and I have to say it was terrible. Breakfast was ok, but dinner was just disgusting and was always cold. Its also stated as an adults only hotel... but it's not! seen lots of shouting between staff and staff and guests and apart from most of the waiters and Rico the rest of the staff were just so ignorant.. Final comment. £50 was stolen out my purse which was hidden in the room. I reported it to the manager who appeared to be helpful but soon backtracked on what he said. I ended up having to go to the police station in Sousse to report this. Very scary stuff and not what you expect to happen. Other guests had money stolen as well so clearly not a one off situation. I could say more but I wont. Yes I know it's a 3 star.. but there should still be standards and I am truly gutted that we chose this hotel. It wont put me off Tunisia but I will never be back near that hotel.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank JC-Sousse
Reviewed June 15, 2015

I stayed here with my partner for 2 weeks in June and would not recommend it to anyone! During this time we had money stolen from us (as well as two other guests), rude bar staff, rubbish pool, too far from the beach or any other attractions, two really annoying entertainment staff who made guests feel uncomfortable, only hotel not to sell passport stamps required for the journey home, food was really bad - very little choice, its currently next to a building site so noisey from 8am... the list could go on and on. I would recommend Tunisia, its a lovely place and really cheap but if you are going then check out the Golf hotel across from Aqua Park, we went there regularly to get away from the Daphne Club Mirimar and the pools great, hotel entertainment that was actually entertaining and really good food.

I will give credit to one member of staff called Rico, the initial hotel entertainer - he was only there a few days before he made a lucky escape to another hotel. I've uped this review from one star to two on account of him - giving credit where credit is due !

Room Tip: For a great room, get directions to the Golf Hotel !
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LordLeitch
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

Just home last night and can't wait to go back to Tunisia. BUT I wouldn't go to this hotel if it was free!! Adults only hotel? We arrived on a Sunday afternoon to a whole reception of screaming kids and a tunisian woman screaming at the receptionist. When I said I thought it was an adult only hotel they tried to make out they didn't understand me. Room was upstairs in another building with no lift. We opened balcony door on arrival and all the dust and black hair blew across the floor. The place was filthy!!! We asked for top bed covers to be changed as they were stained the head housekeeper took them away and never replaced them....we were there 2 weeks!! Tunisia has closed currency but we could not get money at hotel until next day so nothing to do with no money the first night. Sorry for long story but that's only the first day and it gets worse...
The first week there was some although not much entertainment. The animators were never going to be able to do a good job as there were only 30 guests (can't think why lol). Rico pulled me up for telling another guest the hotel was rubbish (again I wonder). Second week There was no entertainment only supposed entertainers begging cigarettes and coffee continuously not even a bit of music at night until Saturday when the tunisian families appear again!! To top it all my friend had a £50 note taken from her purse which was in her case in the room. Manager was nice enough at first but then said she had to go to police office where she was kept for 2 hours and still did not know what was happening. Arrogant staff who deliberately stood waiting for tips OMG don't go to this place. There are many many better hotels this is cheap and nasty and really does not reflect what port el kantaoui is actually like. I know because this was our 6th holiday there in the past 18 months...

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ruth A
Reviewed June 14, 2015 via mobile

Could be a good hotel but has its issues,, good rooms good shower,air conditioning rubbish boiling in rooms,, food ok'ish,Tunisian breakfast English sliced cheese on first few days then ran out for the whole 2 weeks,spag bol every evening plus some fish,chips roasted soggy veg,rice like rock,tablecloths could do with a boil wash!! Security man on hotel gate day and night,however at least 5 people had money stolen from rooms and had to go to police station and 1 was a large amount,,although these people didn't have safes and left money in rooms,it became obvious it was an ongoing issue, We had man from reception come in our room at 2 in morning and frightened us to death,they said this was a genuine mistake as someone had called reception but they got the room number wrong! Round the pool plenty of sunbeds,pool great not too deep at one end never busy,,we came here as an adult only hotel but counted 12 children in 2 weeks! Bar staff n waiters great nothing to much trouble,pool lads are okay friendly nut very very amusing when trying to just relax n enjoy sunbathing,,no evening entertainment,water polo in day that's it! Half hr walk to the marina rather hot,it's a drag really but you can get taxi couple of dinar. All in all we had a great holiday at this hotel,holiday is what you make it

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen W
Reviewed June 14, 2015 via mobile

Hi everyone.
Let me tell you a little story.visited this hotel with my dad of 83yrs. Read the reviews and was a little hesitant,however arrived late and was met by reception chap pleasant and more than accommodating showed us to our room thank fully ground floor.
Room clean and was impressed at the linen clean and smelt fresh.

Arrive for breakfast not to every ones taste but hey were not at home. Staff pleasant.
Spent most days by the pool where activities' were scheduled daily and through out the night. Was met by a gentleman by the name of Rico I have to say he spent a lot of time chatting to all guests welcoming and assisting where needed.
This was the start of a new friendship.
All staff were attentive to my needs, nothing was too much trouble I guess I was spoilt along with my dad.

The hotel manager was also attentive with a open door policy he was very approach able and on occasion also joined us in the bar..
I will be returning to this hotel to get married and yes to a local. Please do not be put off by some of the reviews.
But please the entertainment at this hotel makes this hotel. Rico and team well done with out you they may as well close the doors.
Regards Amanda & Bob. X x ❤