See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

On arrival at hotel realised it was all algerian families no offence to them.the food was not cooked fresh and i found all food was aimed at arabic people. Soon as restaurant opened it was liks a frenzy all were grabbing food and tables sorry i dont live this way.i ended up going to local shop boughg myself bread and cheese for the rest of my time there as i knew getting food or a seat in restaurant was waste oc time.animation all aimed at arabic people infact i found one staff member that spoke english on reception. Lovely lady.i checked out 3 days early booked flight and flew home.i would never suggest this hotel to uk holiday makers.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank HarrietW3
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

I gave the 3 stars just for the locations of the hotel and the tasty food they have beside that nothing to recommand in mahari hotel the elevator broke most of the time and my mom can’t take the stairs we have to wait every time more than half an hour .hammam is closed forever in general they have to fixe lots of things in that hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank haikel s
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I went there with my family to spend the aid holiday . I wish I've never went .... The hotel is old and the staff is horrible and not trained they doesn't even say hello and goodbye I've seen the head of the reception he doesn't know how to do his job. I've asked for an invoice he gave me one with the wrong pries. Booking.com and tripadvisor are blocked on their network. The window of the room doesn't open and at 12:00 if you don't do your check out they will come and put you out of your room. I've been working in allot of hotels in Tunisia and in some other countries and I have never seen something like that. If I can give them 0* I would please don't spend your money there ...
PS: people swim at the pool with their clothes and without having a shower and the staff doesn't care

Room tip: Never to go there
Date of stay: June 2017
5  Thank FouratT2
Reviewed April 25, 2017

I have been to this hotel March 2017 with my husband and my small kid and we were very disappointed about it. I can understand that the hotel is old, it was built around 25 years ago but that is not an excuse for not to be clean. The room and the bathroom are old and poorly clean. There is no room service menu, and there is nothing else than a phone, TV, and an old air-conditioner. There is no WIFI inside the room even though when I made reservation through Expedia website, it indicates that WIFI is available in rooms. I had to argue with the reception but they didn’t allow me to get my money back and offered me to have a room next to the lobby where I could have internet. The staff was averagely nice but sometimes people in reception pretend to be busy not to greet people. The food for breakfast and dinner was a great disappointment for us. There were very few choices and most of food was not fresh.
After having been in el Mehari hotel in Tabarka and in Hammamet and I was really disappointed so I decided I will never go to any Mehari hotel.

Room tip: ask for beach side view for room
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed January 11, 2017

a nice location, nice staff, the animation is good, a little bit old hotel .
bed not really comfortable but clean rooms: WIFI not available in room.
the reception and the staff generally are very helpful

Date of stay: December 2016