All reviews fish restaurant beach bar jacuzzi bath thomas cook animation team german guests turkey great holiday smaller hotels indoor pool beach towels reception staff evening entertainment bbc world news aqua gym family room turkish restaurant
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Writing this review on my last day by the pool nearly 37c at 10am. Lovely hotel kept immaculately clean in every area including beautifully kept gardens and beach. The rooms are lovely with a great powerful shower. Food is amazing with a massive choice at Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fish night on the roof top restaurant was stunning so make sure you book on day of arrival, they also do other themed nights if you are not a fish lover. Entertainment team are friendly and hard working, evening program was a bit hit and miss. Retro disco was really great fun other entertainers they get from outside were ok to but some other events were odd to say the least. Not many English here but I had no problems with that and nearly all staff spoke good English.

The swimming pool is lovely and massive and all sun beds, seating and chilling areas are well kitted out with good quality fresh furniture.

Some other points worth mentioning, WiFi not great and keeps cutting out no matter where you are in hotel, people reserving sun beds by the pool and beach at silly o’clock in the morning to not even turn up to use them! Hotel has a policy saying if you leave towels unattended for 30 mins on sun beds they will be removed but this rule was not enforced during our stay

This is one of the smaller hotels on this stretch of Lara and would benefit if they had a pier on the beach like the other hotels. This would help keep you cool on hot days they look so relaxing and add to the luxury feel.

Sea not the cleanest and does drop from shallow to deep water very quickly. Not much going on outside the hotel so if you want to venture out you will need to go by bus or taxi.

We used the gym a few times and this was sufficient for our needs.

I would say this hotel is perfect for couples and families with young children. I think one would struggle to keep teenagers and young people in there early 20s happily entertained in the evening here meaning they would probably want to venture out and that could be a worry

All in all a lovely week, and yes I would return to Melas Lara but there are so many other amazing hotels along the Lara stretch that look very inviting to.

Turkey is really good value when you look at the quality and service you get and if you pick this hotel for your holiday you will be well looked after.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TonyV1618
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at melas lara august 2017 as a family of 5 including 3 children. The hotel was lovely we loved our large family room which was cleaned to a great standard daily. The staff at melas were all found to be friendly, attemtive and hard working. My kida loved the kids club and the mini disco entertainment. The food at melas was to great standard - amazing and lots of variety.
We had a a fantastic stay at melas lara and my kids keeps asking to return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank kay23232
Ates A, Genel Müdür at Melas Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Rest assured that your comments are passed on to all those, who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one.

We certainly enjoyed looking after you and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Just got back from melas . Me and partner had a fantastic time , room was extremely tidy and well presented everyday , food was lovely plenty of choice some thing for
everyone

Pool - huge pool with plenty of sunbeds, waiter service at the pool bar made sure your glass was always full and lots of nice snacks, entertainment staff always have something going on

Beach - beautiful beach again lots of sunbeds , warm blue sea very relaxing ,
Beach bar has the best fresh pizzas , ice creams and vodka slush drinks too keep you cool on the beach

Lobby bar was nice on evening to chill out

Only bad experience I had were the mosquitos , they seemed to love me so make sure you have spray or ankle bands

I would strongly recommend this hotel and would definitely return

Thanks melas staff for a great time

Colleen & Stuart

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Colleen D

Reviewed June 23, 2018

Arrived on 16.6.18, first impressions we were greeted with a nice cold drink, staff were very friendly. Was shown to our room asked if we were happy with the room which we were.
Lobby bar was lovely! Beach beautiful! Beach restaurant food was brilliant service was great! Toilets at beach spotlessly clean! Pool area was very clean service again very good. The hotel grounds are kept so nice the gardners are out everyday.
Our room 1202 was very comfortable spacious and very clean.
The hotel over all so clean and all the staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you.
It was my partners birthday whilst we was there our room was decorated with flowers a birthday card, bottle of wine and a fruit basket.
The only thing is if there was an English Channel on the TV NOT that we spent all our time watching tv but it would be nice to be able to have an English Channel.
Would definitely go back and recommend this hotel. Food!!!!! So much choice and so nice! Amazing holiday

Room Tip: Ask for pool and sea view.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda S

Reviewed June 21, 2018

We spent a lot of money with Thomas Cook for this holiday and we were really looking forward to it. (I have a separate complaint with Thomas Cook due their flight delay and slowness.)
Some staff are very nice and in fact we gave a tip at the end of our stay but the moment you ask for something they become very unhelpful and defensive. They are not keen to help.

My son is 18mo and despite having a baby corner this hotel doesn't really cater for young childrens food i.e. food that doesn't have too much salt of spices. They had some pasta everyday but my son really struggled the whole holiday to eat. We then had to take 2 trips to the pharmacy to buy some baby food but it was not the right age group. The hotel had 1 blender which was appropriate, however one day it broke and no-one did any thing about it despite me informing them, I really had to force them to do something about it. The restaurant staff just shrugged their shoulders as if they didn't care. Then a few days later the blade went missing, so I couldn't prepare baby food. Again, no-one cared and actually the restaurant staff knew the situation but failed to do anything about it.

Having said that before we arrived I emailed the hotel to ask all the important questions about baby facilities e.g. milk and food options and their reply was shocking and might as well have been non existent. I came prepared and brought some ready meals but we ran out quite quickly thinking the facilities should cater. To say it's been stressful is an understatement.
When i asked restaurant staff about food they laugh and snigger at you or just ignore you and speak in thier own language. This has happened on many occasions. The hotel manager also has zero compassion, is unwilling to help and is very defensive.

The worst part of our holiday was when my son got scratched by the cat and we had to rush to hospital to get the rabies vaccination and we have to go again to get more doses. This has completely ruined our holiday and I will be claiming compensation for this. My son is very drowsy now and the hotel manager accused me of leaving my son with the cat!!!! There was no need for such a comment. The hotel refused to take any responsibility or offer help, it was literally my own problem. I'm so angry beyond belief. I do believe if anyone with allergies to cats or parents with small children that don't want their kids around cats, should be informed by Thomas Cook or the Hotel before the point of booking. Of course this might not be a big deal to some people/animal lovers but when your son is rushed to hospital in the event of an incident something should be done to inform customers beforehand otherwise this is negligence.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SKM16
Ates A, Genel Müdür at Melas Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear Madam

You started to complain since the first e-mail we sent you as answer. When something goes wrong for you Guıest Relations are there to help people. They help everyday a lot of guests. It does not mean something to complaint for every answer that people gave.
We tried to help you by asking to come to see Guest Relations for your special demands.
But we shoul precising that Guest relations works from 08:00 a.m to 06:00 p.m
Melas Lara hotel is a family hotel where people comes with children and babies. Our mixer is appropriate to mix babies food.
When people clame that something goes wrong, we help. Mixer knifes was broken we brouht to the repairman. And we brought back after 2 hours ; it was able to mix. Children should be supervised from parents. No advice! And madame, no one accused you, but you unfortunetly did, for the money you have lost and found after 10 minutes. Did you talk about negligence ?
Thank you for your comment, and the preciouse time you reserved to write your review.