We have just returned from one week there; this holiday was our fifth in Antalya as Antalya overall offers great value for money. I have been in Anatalya in different hotels from quite inexpensive as Granada from Alanya to premium propositions as Susesi in Belek or Amara Dolce Vita in Kemer and to the very expensive as Maxx Royal in Belek. Because some of the impressions previously listed here are pretty general to all the resorts in Analya I will only remind them but I would like to write more on how it seemed different to its competitors from Antalya. As more or less common to all the hotels in Antalya are the facts that waiters have poor knowledge of foreign languages and a lot of them are just entry level. This is a trade-off you should willingly accept for paying significantly less for good food, lots of drinks and up to 24 hours/day entertainment.
Now specifically about Delphin Imperial within its competition. The highlights would be:
1) Some of the most helpful, polite and friendly waiters I have met in Antalya (with or without tipping them); I am not sure what the management does, but definitely does something good about selection/incentives/etc.
2) Very wide sandy beach with nice entry into the sea;
3) A-la-carte free of charge: we have tried 4 of them (Japanese, Fusion, Fish and French - we liked them in this order) and once you understand the booking system and you are willing for a 30 min effort to queue every morning, it pays off. It was far better than either paying extra or being limited to only once per week as in other hotels! The kitchens in the a-la-carte are quite small and this is the limiting factor - that is why it seems that it is never full of guests despite being fully booked;
4) Luna park (our son especially liked the bumping cars);
5) Quite polite guests with the majority being Germans;
6) Very nicely decorated hotel lobby to enjoy a drink in the evening;
In terms of cons:
1) The SPA concept - the part which was free of charge was one of the poorest I've seen in Turkey; everywhere else anything which does not require human intervention is included - that is why we have not checked before and we were expecting to get all the nice showers or salt/ice rooms which are advertised;
2) Quite a small resort compared for example to the ones in Belek and the in-land surroundings not very pleasant; Still I have rated location as max as I had full sea-view and I took into consideration the very short transfer from the airport;
3) If you are looking for the ultimate luxury and you know what you can find in Turkey, you might miss things like 50-80m2 standard room, huge gardens, sea water pool, party on the pier, learning archery/cooking/etc. as entertainment or even more special food or more imported drinks.
I was writing in the title of the review that Delphin Imperial is about "Everything you normally ask for" because it has quite an all-around proposition for every age group and tries to have a little bit from everything and I think they do it quite successfully. One of the challenges of the all-inclusive concept in Turkey is how much to specialize (to focus on tranquility or on SPA, to bet on adrenaline and on the wildest parties, etc.) versus staying broad (doing it all). Delphin Imperial definitely has chosen to stay broad!
In the end a tip to my fellow Romanians looking for the best travel agency: this is Cocktail Holidays (the 4th time in Turkey with them and no single complain: good prices, great flight times, very fast transfer, very good guides)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara - Antalya Staying at Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara Imperial actually makes you feel that you are at home just by the magnificent shore of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Beach.From our facility which is far about 15 kms from Antalya , 10 kms from the airport, the transportation for the shopping centers and going sightseeing is pretty much easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.