“Simple hotel, clean and with a grumpy guy serving dinner!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ozbekhan

Hotel Ozbekhan
Ranked #150 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Simple hotel, clean and with a grumpy guy serving dinner!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed here with a group and I found the room okay, but for 2 people it had three beds in it, which made the room smaller! But the room was a decent size. Again this is another hotel that installed a 14" TV, how long has it been there I don't know, but I only wanted to see some news on it.

The room was clean, had a balcony, although I couldn't see much has the emergancy stair was obstructing the view.

I liked the dinner, there was a decent amount of food to select from and breakfast was okay, the standard stuff that the Turks like to put out was all there! The guy serving the hot food at dinner was very very grumpy. But the rest of the staff seemed plesant and they gave a us a complomentry bottle of wine as one of the couples in our group it was their annaversary.

All in all it was a decent stay. However I would recommend another hotel if you're a family as there are a lot of tour groups staying in this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Govvy

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

We're two girls from Serbia, 30 and 32. We spent our holiday in this hotel on late August 2006, and were more than satisfied.
I usually book 4 stars hotels, but I read a very nice review on some forum, and our agency gave it 4 star equivalent, so we went there.
Our arrival didn't promise much.
We checked in round 2am, but the stuff was very pleasant. We were offered some cold dinner, which was rather poor, with only few pieces of ham, cheese, olives and few tomato and cucumber pieces. I guess this would have to be their standard lunch packet, though we never asked for one.
First disappointment in our room was very old, rusty balcony door with paint mostly peeled off. We even laughed at how rustic it looked, but it was functional however.
Room was rather small, but big enough. We realized that it is very clean, and everything worked. We had a small balcony with a nice sea view.
Room had a tv, small fridge and conditioning which works only if the key is inside, but it managed to cool the room very fast.
We had some mosquitoes, so bring some raid and with you.
The breakfast was better than our cold dinner. There were several kinds of cereals, fresh cheese and green salads, with other stuff like different jams, honey, boiled eggs, etc. I liked the fresh cheese very much.
You could enjoy it on outside tables near pool, which was very pleasant.
The hotel consists of two buildings, with small pool in between.
Pool was rather small nicely cleaned, with more sunbeds, but because of hedge round the hotel and two buildings on both sides it was in shade from very early in the day.
The stuff was very pleasant. Receptionists spoke excellent English, one of them with very nice accent. Others didn't speak so well, but knew the basics.
We were two girls, so the younger waiters brought us lots of free tea and water, but everyone was very polite, and never crossed the line.
I managed to lock my key in my room few times, and they helped me with a smile each time.
Dinner was much better, there were three courses from which you could choose, which were basically very good. There were always some fruits and deserts and several different salads to chose from.
Though we didn't like some of exotic dishes and salads, all of it was well cooked, and we didn't have any problems whatsoever.
Don't expect anything spectacular, like seafood other than fish, it's a three star hotel.
Dinner was served till 7:30 pm I think, but since most of the guests arrived at the end, they changed it to close at 8:30.
The cook that served the dinner was always in a good mood, insisted on filling up my plate every time, and wanted to learn the names of the meals in Serbian.
The hotel is in front of the beach, but there are no sunbeds right in front, so if you don't want to enjoy solitude and lay on your towel, go to Sea Life, which is 5 minutes walk tops, which has a bar and sunbeds for rent.
Dolmush buses also stop in front of Sea Life, and there are some supermarkets near by.
Official procedure on last day is to check out before noon, but the receptionist very happily allowed us to stay in the room till 7pm.
The pool bar works in the evening, but we didn't hang out to see how it looks like.
Most of the guests were old German ladies and couples, so I guess it wouldn't be much fun, but the benefit was that it was very quiet during the night, except if there was some noise from the street, which happened only on one occasion.
There are also some tables on the hotel roof, and a bridge overlooking the pool, so you can enjoy coffee or drink with a view over there too. It is not decorated at all though, and empty most of the time, so the waiters were not there either, but if you ask the receptionists, they will very happily send someone to serve you.
The big luxurious hotel was building very near by, so I guess the surroundings could have changed for better if it's finished.

Would stay there again.

• Liked — Friendly stuff
  • Disliked — Not enough sun on pool area
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank suncica