All reviews turkish bath turkey superior room next year pool area every member of staff fantastic hotel small hotel his team two weeks week holiday taxi ride kalamar bay roof terrace great pool omelette selda
Reviewed June 3, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a week in May 2018, and we were blown away by this wonderful little place. It's so well designed, in terms of beauty and convenience. The pool is surrounded by over-water cabanas, the restaurant and bar area are filled with comfortable seating, swinging sofas and hammocks. The room was lovely, with a marble-walled bathroom and a huge rain shower too. The entire place is made from carved wood, with gorgeous balconies and a rooftop terrace - some of the higher-up rooms even have private jacuzzis on the balcony. The staff were exceptional - so attentive, so kind and friendly, and thoughtful too. Nothing we asked for was too much, and everything we could have thought of they would already be doing. The owner is always around and very keen to help you, with plenty of useful advice on the local area and the best places to go - he even has a lovely family restaurant in town at which guests get a discount. The food was nice, and breakfast was a feast every morning, with Turkish and English food on offer. Underneath the hotel is the largest Hammam in Kalkan and we also had a brilliant experience there. This place is so wonderful I almost want to keep it a secret.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have jacuzzis on the balcony
6  Thank Emily C
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Nur, Hokan and team just came out to our villa in Kalkan to give our group of 14 friends an amazing turkish bath (the villa has a hamam) and massage experience. We all had different massages, and we were all so impressed we can’t praise them enough. Thoroughly professional, and friendly people. An experience I would definitely recommend. Give them a try!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank jbdk61
Reviewed May 29, 2018

I have been here before for a evening barbecue and it was fantastic. However I was met by the new owner of the spar on the way into town who was very friendly and helpful. He showed us around the newly built Turkish bath and treatments spar downstairs. It was magnificent!!. He has carried out the carpentry with his father and this is a credit to them both. Agreed to come back in 2 days for a massage and it was second to none.. Felt like a million dollars when he had finished.
Went for lunch afterwards which was superb. Staff were friendly and attentive everything was served with a smile.On top of that we were allowed to use the full hotel facilities for the day including the bungalows in the swimming pool. Highly recommended.

6  Thank S14YRT
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Have just returned from a week here. Ali, the owner and his team couldn't be any nicer or more helpful . The hotel is very clean, well maintained and the price included a delicious freshly cooked breakfast - eggs any way you want them, fresh fruit, fresh orange juice and all the Turkish pastries and savouries. The pool was lovely and the atmosphere very peaceful. I find it hard to relax usually - but relax I did! There is a spa/hammam in the basement offering several treatments - but I didn't have one.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk down hill walk into the Centre of Kalkan and is much quieter than the hotels in the centre.(we stayed centrally before) We often got a cab back at the end of the evening but it only cost us £2! There are many good restaurants to chose from, we particularly liked the Korsan Fish Terrace.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms on the top floor have better views over 2 bays, but are more expensive. The regular rooms all over look the pool.
5  Thank maxineostwald
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for 10 days from the 2 - 12th October.
It was our first time to Kalkan and could not have found a nicer hotel. Great pool but very cold. All staff were excellent.
Breakfast was very good and only about a 15 minute walk into town.
Will definitely stay here again if we come back which I'm sure we will.

My wife and I would definitely recommend The Elixir Hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple