Review Highlights
Wonderful Day in Ani

Paul and Amber Travel organized a tour of Ani and Kars for my sister and me and it was one the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
SilkRoadTraveler
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
via mobile
Cappadocia to the Lycian Way

We travelled as a group of friends around Turkey taking in the sights from Cappadocia and Konya to... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Julie_Bris
Brisbane
via mobile

All reviews hiking trips self guided lycian way turkey trek instructions bespoke fethiye meals mountains ruins life company sea
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We did a week of hiking along the Lycian way in March 2018. The hiking itself was wonderful, spring had arrived and the high meadows were full of flowers. Paul had organised everything extremely well, all handouts were perfect and came with gps files for our garmin device. Walks were really good mix of good exercise and sights (ruins in Olympos, Chimaera etc). All accomodation was good. We were surprised to find this part of Turkey somewhat asleep in mid march but season hadnt really started. This was despite the fact that temperatures were perfect for walking and swimming in the sea was also good. In actual fact this worked in our favour because very few tourists were around. The locals were extremely friendly too and we felt safe. After the hiking we spent a week in Kas which was lovely. All in all this was a great holiday, also good value for money. One of our best self guided hiking trips ever - highly recommended!

1  Thank alex w
Paul F, Manager at Amber Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your kind review Alex, you definitely picked the right time to visit the Lycian Way, the spring flowers, many of them locally endemic are a treat. We would hope to welcome you back to Turkey, perhaps the Western Lycian Way, which is equally lovely.

Very best wishes,

Paul

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Amber Travel put together a walking trip for us, Lycian Way east. It was a thoughtful and carefully put together itinerary; the accommodation was varied but all charming and comfortable. Transfers were efficient and nothing was too much trouble. The communication was excellent and we felt confident in Pauls organisation.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Amber travel organised our ten day walking holiday along the Lycian way brilliantly ...great hotels, meals itinerary etc ...designed according to our brief

2  Thank Penel
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I arranged a solo tour with Paul after my original tour booking felt through 2 weeks before the holiday. I was looking to do a slightly ambitious tour of Tlos, Pinara, Patara, The Letoon and Xanthos and contacted Paul on the off chance. He accepted the challenge and gave me a reasonable price for the day tour. He picked me up from my hotel, drove me around for the day, chatting about history, Turkish culture, politics, archaeology etc. We also stopped off for lunch at Salikent Gorge which, while touristy, is a beautiful thing to see! We made it to all of the sites and I saw some truly unforgettable things! Brilliantly organised, very informative and amazing value for money. I can’t praise the tour and Paul enough - make sure you use Amber Travel if you’re coming to Turkey!

2  Thank poomasarah
Reviewed October 4, 2017

If you want to have the best knowledge and all in a package with the reasonable prices (not touristy) Amber Travel is the right travel agency for you.

3  Thank adokur