“Train Trip to Georgia”

Amber Travel
Ranked #41 of 72 Tours in Kas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique tour operator, UK / Turkish owned. We have been in business for 20 years designing fine trekking, biking, cutural and rail based tours in all parts of the country. From our base in Kas we can provide bike hire and riding notes. Please get in contact with us if you would like private guided or self guided trekking on the Lycian way, St. Paul Train or Carian Way. Guidied and self guided bike tours are a pleasure in Turkey with quiet, scenic roads passing frequent remains of near forgotten civilisations. We love train travel and arrange sleeper train tours across this huge country, linking the cultural highlights of Turkey together in a relaxing and rewarding travel experience.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My wife and I wanted to ride a sleeper train from Ankara to Kars, see Kars, then head on to Tbilisi, Georgia. Amber Travel was highly helpful and responsive and bought tickets on our behalf. Navigating the process of getting a sleeper cabin can be a bit difficult so it was great to have the help. They also recommended helped us to buy our bus tickets to go to Tbilis from Kars.
Coming back we were helped a lot with several buses. At all times Amber travel was quick to respond to us and highly helpful. I would definately recommend this trip and this company.

All reviews
"company"
in 3 reviews
"ruins"

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We did a week of hiking along the Lycian way in March 2018. The hiking itself was wonderful, spring had arrived and the high meadows were full of flowers. Paul had organised everything extremely well, all handouts were perfect and came with gps files for our garmin device. Walks were really good mix of good exercise and sights (ruins in Olympos, Chimaera etc). All accomodation was good. We were surprised to find this part of Turkey somewhat asleep in mid march but season hadnt really started. This was despite the fact that temperatures were perfect for walking and swimming in the sea was also good. In actual fact this worked in our favour because very few tourists were around. The locals were extremely friendly too and we felt safe. After the hiking we spent a week in Kas which was lovely. All in all this was a great holiday, also good value for money. One of our best self guided hiking trips ever - highly recommended!

1  Thank alex w
Paul F, Manager at Amber Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your kind review Alex, you definitely picked the right time to visit the Lycian Way, the spring flowers, many of them locally endemic are a treat. We would hope to welcome you back to Turkey, perhaps the Western Lycian Way, which is equally lovely.

Very best wishes,

Paul

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Amber Travel put together a walking trip for us, Lycian Way east. It was a thoughtful and carefully put together itinerary; the accommodation was varied but all charming and comfortable. Transfers were efficient and nothing was too much trouble. The communication was excellent and we felt confident in Pauls organisation.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Amber travel organised our ten day walking holiday along the Lycian way brilliantly ...great hotels, meals itinerary etc ...designed according to our brief

2  Thank Penel
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I arranged a solo tour with Paul after my original tour booking felt through 2 weeks before the holiday. I was looking to do a slightly ambitious tour of Tlos, Pinara, Patara, The Letoon and Xanthos and contacted Paul on the off chance. He accepted the challenge and gave me a reasonable price for the day tour. He picked me up from my hotel, drove me around for the day, chatting about history, Turkish culture, politics, archaeology etc. We also stopped off for lunch at Salikent Gorge which, while touristy, is a beautiful thing to see! We made it to all of the sites and I saw some truly unforgettable things! Brilliantly organised, very informative and amazing value for money. I can’t praise the tour and Paul enough - make sure you use Amber Travel if you’re coming to Turkey!

2  Thank poomasarah