See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel isn't 5*, it is max 3*. The food was poor, every day the same, rooms were not bad, but the shower was horrible. The hotel was very dark, late at night we couldn't fine our room, because the were no light... The administrator explaind that hotel is working in economy mode...???? Well after 3 days we have changed the hotel. We payed money for 5* star, but is doesn't look like one. Oh I almost forgot about the drinks! They were horrible too. Vodka and tequila are the same taste in this hotel, the coctails are worse than horrible... sprite, fanta are the same taste just different color :) The only good thing in this hotel is a place, the view is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Justina M
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hotel is located about 100 or so km from the Anatalya Airport. A taxi can run you about 70 euros or more. So try to bargain with the taxi drivers. Going back to the airport will be a different story. It cost me about 100 euros. Anyway if your from Russia or Ukraine some travel agencies will offer a room for two, flight, tour, food breakfast lunch and dinner and transportation from the airport to the hotel for a price of $1800 for six days. It was something my girlfriend and her mother was able to get. Their room was pretty spacey with a couch and a queen size bed. I on the other hand paid a little more for my room but it wasn't has big as theirs. The bed was a queen size bed with a small balcony with no couch. Which I paid about 1600 dollars for six days. I felt somewhat cheated but the accommodations made up for it. So what do I get out of this deal? You are served a buffet of breakfast, food at the snack bar (near the pool area), dinner and a unlimited amount of alcohol you want. Fresh water brought to your room everyday. Great customer service. A show that's being played every night. A beautiful and clean Mediterranean beach that near the pool area. This hotel is highly recommended if you plan to take your family or loved ones here. There wonderful activities for children and a daycare center. Every night children would go with other kids to dance and sing on the stage. This is by far one of the best hotels I stayed at and the food is wonderful Turkish and Russian Cuisine. The staff can speak Russian, English or Turkish and are very friendly. My only complaint is the shopping around that area. its rather distant since the hotel is located in a resort like area and taxi can be a bother to pay their fees. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank xbigvmanx
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I have read negative comments about this hotel. However, this hotel is not as ugly as I read in another comment in this website. In fact, even if this hotel was not the coolest one I have ever stayed, I have unforgetable memories there. I went there twice. The problem about this hotel is, there are only Russian and German tourists. Animations are in Russian and German mostly. Not even Turkish. I have not seen any kind of dirt in this hotel. I had balcony in my room also. About 40 TV channels.,. In short, I had everything I am told to have there.

This hotel has a very nice disco and every night there is party there. For young people, it is really very nice place to meet and have fun. I was sleeping daytime and passing all the night at disco, everytime meeting with new beautiful people. If you dont have any antipathy against Russian and German people, this trip can be very nice.

It is beach is sand and garden is well cared. Nearly no mosquitos and its air is very fresh. This hotel is surrounded by natural forest. This hotel is one of my favourite. I can go there even 3rd time. Especially you are under 30 and not married, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank goodboysecret
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This is our 6th expirience in a 5 star hotel in Turkey. It is our only bad expirience, but it is a very bad one. And also the most expensive one.
We never had a clean table, we never had any service at the table, we never saw a clean deck chair, we never saw a cleaned bathroom, even when we entered our room immediatly after 'cleaning'. When we ourselves tried to clean a table, a manager came to help and held our drinks so that we could clean more easy!
There was a lot of [--] aroud the pool, and even that is never been cleaned.
The animationteam is only good in making a lot of noise. We went for a walk in the hills around and 2 kilometers away we still could hear Unsaphire Hotel!
The rooms are old, the bed is very small and very used, the room stinks, the balcon is just big enough for 2 chairs...
People are not friendly any more because they have to deal with Russians drinking tons of alcohol, never satisfied with a normal dose in a glass, never giving a complement.
But I think, the alcohol they drink, that is were we pay for when we book this hotel.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Johan Galle, Belgium

Photo: bathroom floor AFTER cleaning

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank JohanGalle
Reviewed October 18, 2006

We stayed at the Unsaphire hotel in Tekirova. I booked this hotel on the basis that it was being sold to be as a five-star hotel. However, we were shocked upon arrival – we went on holiday on the basis of relaxing in a comfortable climate and we have come back exhausted, we have lost weight and we are extremely stressed.

The hotel looks as if it has not been decorated for the last twenty five years – paint peels off all the walls, there is damp in the bathrooms and a smell of damp throughout the hotel. The hotel is adorned with 70’s style patterned carpet in mustard and red, the curtains do not match and are equally old fashioned. The bar looks like a Warsaw cabaret club – there were fake flowers on each table, filthy mirrored walls.

As for the bedrooms, the website says: “all have balconies and satellite television”. This is not true. We stayed in room 261 which did not have a balcony. When we asked to move, we were told that the hotel was full. The satellite TV was in Russian and German – the only English channel was CNN.

We were told that the rooms had daily housekeeping – yes, this is vaguely true. There was in fact only one member of staff to clean the entire hotel interior and consequently, our sheets were not changed daily as they were supposed to have been. The sheets we did have were stained. In the bathroom, the plug holes were not cleaned out (I had to do this myself). The floor was never mopped (I know this as our feet were dirty whenever we walked in the room without shoes). Toilet rolls were not replaced. As for the mini bar that we were told was stocked daily, it was only restocked once (on day two of the holiday). The “full” complimentary minibar consisted of two cartons of juice, one small bottle of water and one can of beer.

We were the only non-Russian guests in the hotel that week and were told that we were the first British people to have ever visited the hotel. The consequence of this was that only one waiter and one receptionist spoke English – we do not normally have an issue with cultural diversity but when far from home on a holiday we have paid close to £650pp for, we need to know that the staff can competently deal with any issues we have. Had we known that the hotel has never been frequented by Brits and so does not provide for such, we would not have paid such a large amount to stay in a place that could not cater for us – especially as it is supposed to be of such a high standard.

The hygiene of the hotel was disgusting. We did not see the pool being cleaned at all. Neither were the deck chairs. The beach towels were stained and ripped – we ended up going into town to buy our own towels.

The absolute worst parts of the hotel were the restaurants and food in general. When I stated at the top of this email that we lost weight, this is without exaggeration. Firstly, in regard to hygiene, in the restaurant, pool bar and bar, cutlery, plates and glasses were dirty. It was disgusting – at each meal I felt nauseous. I found glasses with lipstick marks on three occasions and at each meal we had to scan through the pile of plates to find clean ones and regularly ask the waiters to replace our cutlery. By day three our meals consisted of the following: bread with plain butter for breakfast (flies swarmed over everything else or the bowls they were stored in were unclean); Lunch was a pancake on the beach (served on a paper plate); At dinner time we just lived off plain rice or chips – we are seasoned travellers and adore indulging in food abroad but the hotel used poor cuts of meat and everything was swamped in a vile watery tomato sauce. The salads were also covered in flies and desserts tasted as if they had been bought from a cheap supermarket.

Our attempts to eat in the two speciality restaurants were a disaster. Firstly, you need to amend your website – the Mediterranean restaurant is in fact just a fish restaurant – we booked to eat there on the fourth day of the trip. We got there an hour early to have a drink by the sea and were shocked to see that the fish starters were already laid out uncovered at each table an hour before the guests were due to arrive – in the open air at temperatures of around 30 degrees, this is surely another health and safety risk. We ended up having chips at the buffet restaurant.

On day five we booked to go to the Chinese restaurant which ended up being a clip out of Fawlty Towers. We were told to arrive at 7pm and did so. The restaurant is in fact just the terrace of their conference centre. The red tablecloth was filthy. There was one waiter for a total of about 20 tables. At 7:15pm the waiter told us that our 7pm dinner would in fact be served at 7:30pm and that we could “enjoy a drink in the meantime”. At 7:30pm the waiter came to take our drink orders. He brought our drinks at 7:45 along with a photocopied menu that was in Russian and German. After having been seated for 45 minutes with nothing but a glass of sour wine, we left and had another night of chips by the pool.

To top it off, the hotel had a collection of about 20 cats and these were fed by the guests at mealtimes – despite our protests to staff and guests we were ignored and so had cats crawling around our feet and on two occasions, jumping onto chairs to eat from the table. With rabies, fleas and goodness knows what else, this represents a really health and safety risk. My fiancé is allergic to cats and so every meal was a trauma.

The toilets at the hotel were not cleaned either – whenever I used any of the loos, the bins were always overflowing and the chart of cleaning times on the door of the bathrooms did not ever change. Once we were seated in reception and the cleaner walked past us with a mop and just traced a half meter line with the mop in front of our chairs so that it would look to any passing eyes as if the floors were being cleaned.

As for the watersports, we had three attempts at taking out the hotel’s complimentary canoes and water bikes. Each time we were told (in sign language as he spoke no English) that the sea was too choppy. Note that the weather was hot with barely a breeze and the sea was still and full of swimmers - at the adjacent hotel, their guests were happily using all the water sports. The chap did however each time try to offer us the water sports that we would need to pay for. We then observed throughout the course of the week that none of the guests were using the complimentary sports and the water sports staff spent the entire day bumming around on their paraglising boat blaring music – it was clear that they were just too lazy to allow us to use the facilities.

We then went to play tennis on the sixth day – whilst the courts were fine (bar the dead leaves all over them), in order to get to the courts, you have to walk past the staff/ service entrance to the hotel which is full of rubbish, dirty towels, food delivery vehicles and smells appalling.

We are used to the high standards of a five star hotel. After such a week we felt that we needed another holiday.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple