“Ephesus visit with Kropki Tours led by Hatice Haluk”

Kusadasi Guides - Day Tours
Ranked #55 of 106 Tours in Kusadasi
Reviewed October 5, 2015

My wife and I decided to not book with the cruise line and find our own way to Ephesus. After disembarking we found Kropki Tours and the tour guide Hatice. They offer a group tour or private tours. We choose the group tour and waited for about half-hour for the tour to fill-up. The cost was about 60 USD for both of us and it included a visit to The House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus, Lunch, Carpet Making, Fashion Show, St John's Basilica and the Temple of Artemis. This was a very full day. Our tour guide Hatice was great and made the trip memorable. She was loud enough for everyone to hear and made sure we got all our pictures. I would use her again.

Notes for other travellers:

These group tours require a certain number of travellers to depart so there could be some waiting if there isn't enough people.

It is a long tour so you may have to adjust your itinerary if you don't have enough time

The carpet making and fashion show are standard it most tours - apparently the government requires tours to visit these spots. I liked the carpet making - the fashion show (leather store) is great if you're in the market for a jacket and willing to negotiate. It's good quality stuff.

1  Thank BBaller-G

Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

Currently on the tour as I write this and want to advise fellow travellers to avoid kropki tours. We've just been ripped off by the guide and I'm currently watching him rip off three other people in the group. Ephesus is worth seeing but this company sucks.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

Mr. Ali Baba exceeded all our expectations, giving my family an amazing experience during our visit to Kusadasi. He made sure we got to visit all the sites we wanted to see, plus a whole lot more. The free WiFi was greatly appreciated. I highly recommend his services to everyone.

3  Thank Reshma M
Reviewed June 23, 2015

All of the excellent comments made about Ali are true. We have visited Kusadasi thee times and have used Ali for our tours. Because he is so knowledgable and known in the area he will take you whereever you want to go. If you have no idea of what you want to do he will make great suggestions. We haven't been on his magic carpet yet but that will come with our next trip. It is important that you contact him before you go because he is in high demand. We have recommended him to others and they also were very pleased with his service.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2015

Wow...we were blown away by this guy. He was funny, personable and made an effort to connect to every one of us. No small feat as there were five of us.

His taxi was nearby, clean and had a wifi hot spot. Score!

We went first to the house of Mary. Spectacular.

He then took us to Ephesus. He negotiated a good price on a book about the site and then accompanied us to the entrance to be sure we got in ok.

He was waiting on us when we left. We told him we wanted a nice authentic lunch and he took us to the food place sponsored by a local rug weaving school. We of course also got the rug spiel. Someday, when I grow up, I will build a house around one of those rugs. Wow... In the meantime, I really admired them.

We had time so we also got a tour of a pottery maker and a leather store. The leather store was interesting as we got our own private fashion show. Wowza. However, as I have two kids to put through college in the next couple of years I had to pass on the $1000 leather coat that was really nice. Really, really nice.

We drove by a mosque and there was a church but we were hot and a little done with ruins so we stopped, I took a picture and we left. The shop across the street had water for 1 euro.

We went to a store where we received a very diverting presentation about all things turkish delight among other products in the store. We bought several things there. Yum.

We stopped by what was one of the ancient wonders of the world. There was a pillar left. That stop did not take long but we were there! We saw it!

We went to a souvenir wholesaler and they had all things Ephesus. Worth the stop if you like touristy stuff.

We told him that we needed a watch as the cruise ship was relatively devoid of clocks. We got a decent deal on some fun watches.

We were at the end of the day and it was fabulous. Enjoy!

1  Thank chemengmom