1,158 results
All reviews aegean sea breakfast and dinner turkey half board beautiful hotel buffet style large hotel view from the balcony turkish bath outdoor pool per day sea front bottled water turkish food omelette salad spa
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure how this place has earned a 5-star rating when it's average in every way and quite tired from an amenities perspective. The WiFi signal in our room was poor, the safe was not secured to the wall, and the only good thing that the hotel has got going is its seaside location. I had one massage at their spa which was excellent from a technique perspective. I also needed a manicure which was done well, but the environment was just plain ugly and unprofessional from an aesthetic perspective. Also, the therapist didn't speak a word of English so I had a hard time expressing my preferences.

I wish that I could teach their staff basic English and rewrite their poor marketing material which made me cringe. For a more exclusive experience, consider the Hilton Double Tree Hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2018

We stayed on All Inclusive basis back in July 2017 (apparently can't write reviews after 1 year?). The hotel itself was absolutely lovely with very classy decor around the lobby and bar areas. We stayed in a Superior Sea View room in the new block above the spa. It was a very nicely decorated, spacious room with absolutely HUGE beds. A large balcony-cum-terrace looking out to sea which was amazing to sit and relax on day or evening. Superb bathroom with spacious shower with excellent water pressure, and the air-con was spot on. The only very slight niggle with this was that it automatically switched off any time you opened the balcony door. I get that we should not be wasting it, but if sat out on the balcony and returning to the room intermittently, surely you would like the air-con to stay on to get some benefit rather that cooping yourself up inside to enjoy it?

The hotel itself and it's grounds were lovely - we mainly used the indoor pool downstairs which was actually part inside, part uncovered outside, surrounded by a well kept, pleasant garden and steps down to one of the outdoor bars or to the sea. We found this part much nicer than the main infinity pool purely because it was quiet and not many people using it - at the time the main pool seemed rather more busy.

Snacks served over by the main pool were nice, especially the gozleme. Breakfast was ok-ish, set in a nice dining area. If you like eating outside then the restaurant terrace is fantastic. But, I have to only give this place 3/5 overall because the AI meals served in the main restaurant were abysmal and we absolutely regretted shelling out for AI because of this as it was not worth it in the slightest. Bearing in mind we have been to AI hotels, in Turkey, before so we knew not to expect 5* gourmet luxury. To expand:

Lunch - the choice for this was ridiculously minimal. I went in one day very hungry as I'd missed breakfast, to find on offer: one vat of soup, the usual salad selection and some bread. I think there may have been one hot meat dish but quite honestly if I can't recall it, it's probably because it looked hugely unappetising. I love fish and meat, and I'll try local food and different things, but this stuff really was disappointingly low budget.

If staying AI we would usually spend half our time eating evening meals in the hotel and the other half going outside to restaurants. We stayed in for dinner only twice in 10 days. After giving it a second chance we actually could not face eating there for dinner again. It was that bad we went out and found a pizza place 20 minutes walk away even when I was poorly and had been in hospital that afternoon - because any amount of physical suffering was preferable to trying to find something edible in the hotel!

The other thing that absolutely spoiled this hotel for us was the army of cruise ship tourists that arrived every 2-3 days for their Kusadasi stop over. The hotel is clearly in collaboration with the cruise liner providers, and that's fine, but the guests that come with this spoil things for everyone else. As soon as they arrive they scuttle around the hotel for the next two hours taking photographs of everything in sight (the bar, the piano, the restaurant, a Turkish person, a flower pot, you name it). This included hanging around the restaurant terrace to take multiple posing-in-front-of-sunset shots, while standing right behind my chair while I eat. About 5-6 groups of people did this over the space of an hour. And again the 2nd (and last) time we ate in the hotel restaurant. I get that the hotel staff can't really control the guests behaviour to that extent, but please just cordon off the restaurant or SOMETHING while other guests eat their meals because it quite frankly p*ssed me off.

In summary - gorgeous hotel with stunning rooms & views and a some relaxing, enjoyable communal areas if you choose wisely. Crap food. Not really geared to AI or guests wishing to treat this as their 1-2 week "package" holiday. Would be nice as more of a base for a city break type of trip.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for the new block
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is amazing. We got a room with an amazing Sun set view. There is fireworks towards the night but we got more than we bargain for, as the fireworks is longer than usual as there us a wedding reception that night. We accidentally bumped in the souvenir shop in the hotel, bought an amazing ceramic desks lamp and a fantastic porcelain plate. The owner actually hand pick all his products from different places in Turkey and sell them in his shops. I strongly recommend to visit.
Wonder why, almost all our hotels and restaurant we visited during our holiday in Turkey fail in their service. Same goes to Charisma Hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We were scheduled to stay here for 4 nights
We arrived the 1 st night at 11.30 pm
We had 5 rooms booked here but ac wasn’t working in 3 out of the 5 rooms
We called staff and he said working and just shrugged his shoulder and left
...
Water isn’t free here so our kids were screaming for 20 mins for water till someone came and gave chargeable water bottles ..
Rooms were stinky and too small
I felt I was living in a rabbits hole
Next day breakfast was a huuuugggggeee disappointment
We did not spend a second mor
We saw Hilton and Ramada
Hilton wa fully booked so we booked next 3 nights at the Ramada and we had the time of our lives
Anyone listening ? Please don’t waste your time in charisma ... Ramada is a much better deal and place and hotel ..
It would have made us miserable in charisma if we spent even one more night there!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

A luxurious and upmarket hotel with friendly staff and excellent amenities.
We stayed during the first week of September and found the hotel to be a very relaxing place to enjoy a sumptuous holiday.
We were in a Superior Sea View Room with Balcony. It was clean and comfortable with a fantastic view across the terrace and sea. The sunsets were particularly spectacular.
A number of reviews have suggested that complimentary water is not provided in the rooms, however we did not find this to be the case. We were provided with two complimentary 75ml bottles of mineral water which were replenished daily.
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and classy. The air conditioning was poor. It cooled the room to a comfortable temperature, but was slow in doing so and did not deliver the ‘fresh’ feeing usually delivered by good quality air conditioning systems.
The lobby was extremely elegant, and the live piano entertainment in the evenings brought a real touch of class. The view from the lobby was beautiful and the staff at the 24 hour bar were polite, friendly and helpful.
The spa was first rate. An excellent sauna, steam room, Roman pool, salt room, bucket shower and ‘experience shower’ made for a relaxing experience in a gently lit facility with calming background music. There is an ornate Turkish Bath with treatments on offer.
The spa treatments were reasonably priced compared with UK costs, but expensive by comparison to local costs outside of the hotel. The standard of treatments was however excellent and performed in very pleasant surroundings. We also made use of outside treatments and found the hotel standard to be significantly higher than that offered by cheaper external providers.
The pool areas were of a high standard and extremely clean. The main pool was stylish and sophisticated, with a lovely sea view. The pool bar served good, reasonably priced food but played its music far too loud. The music was sometimes ‘club style’ and ruined the ambience.
The ‘indoor pool’ was half indoors and half outdoors with sunbeds available in both covered and uncovered areas. It was very pleasant and peaceful with no music being played.
Sunbeds were readily available at both pools throughout the day without difficulty.
The A La Carte Seafood Restaurant overlooked the sea and served ‘the day’s catch’ which was extremely fresh and well presented. The service was informal but very attentive. We did not make use of the main restaurant as we were bed and breakfast only, however there are a number of restaurants across the road and the marina is 5-10 minutes walk away.
Breakfast was to a good standard and the food served varied daily. A good balance was struck between local options and international food.
The WiFi was poor. It was usually not available in the room (occasionally available in half of the room). It was available in the lobby but was weak and dropped out continually.
The staff were very helpful. We did not experience the unfriendly service from reception that a number of reviewers have identified.
Extras at the hotel are priced in Euros (which is a shame) but you can pay in Turkish Lira which we chose to do.
We would definitely recommend this hotel. It was luxurious, comfortable and friendly and we had a wonderful holiday there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Guestrelations09, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Charisma Deluxe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear our valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback !

We would like you thank you very much for your very lovely comment about your holiday at Charisma Deluxe.
It is nice to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Hope to see you again in our hotel...