All reviews the hotel manager kind man visiting goreme private terrace loved our stay would highly recommend this place stayed longer three nights each morning balloons cave suat hospitality advice ballon chimney
Reviewed October 18, 2015

We wanted to get a room in one of the cave hotels and this was perfect. We booked the room online, the double room with panoramic view. Ask for Room #1, ‘grandfather’s room’, it’s inside one of the rock formations and has a balcony with a great view of the town. I’ve attached some photos.

It’s not a five star hotel, and doesn’t have a lot of amenities, you’ll get clean towels each day, they have a nice breakfast buffet and the management will make arrangements for various tours the town offers, so what else could you need?

The hotel is located near the summit of Sunset Point and very close to all the restaurants and shops. It is also within walking distance to the Open Air Museum but there are a lot of paths to follow through the hills from Sunset Point and they are not as crowded as the O. A. Museum and you may find that a couple of the local dogs will accompany you on your stroll through the hills.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room #1 - AKA 'grandfather's room'
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AppleSpice
Reviewed October 11, 2015

1 night stay here in Goreme. Close to everything - I would recommend staying in Goreme over Urgup for Cappadocia. Personable owner and friendly staff. Great view for over Goreme and the morning balloons. Only a 3 minute walk up to Sunset Point- a nice little vantage point for, as the name suggests, sunset. Good breakfast and comfortable rooms. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sudesh P
Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

I stayed only for one night with a group a friends, while traveling through Turkey. I must say this hotel surpassed all of my expectations. The rooms are great (very cozy and clean, as well as unique in their decoration), the staff are very friendly and outgoing and the views are amazing... My biggest regret is staying only one night, but surely I'll return in another journey, dedicated to the staggering landscapes of Cappadocia.
Definitely, a "must stay".

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2015

We expected something special but Arif Cave Hotel exceeded all our expectations. Goreme is an amazing place and we not only had the best view of the town but Ahmet, the manager, helped us to find and experience the best of Cappadocia. He became our personal concierge, securing reservations and transportation and guiding us to the places we would most enjoy. When I developed a medical problem he not only drove me himself to the hospital and translated, he was fiercely protective in making sure I got proper treatment. My illness required us to extend our stay and he found a way to fit us in at his busiest time, As a result we stayed in three different rooms, each of them beautifully decorated and appointed. We learned that Ahmet had studied architecture before returning home to run the hotel. He put his knowledge and design sense to good use, remodeling the cave rooms to create a unique and magical atmosphere. He works hard every day to give his guests a wonderful experience and he does it with grace and good humor!

Room Tip: Al our rooms were spacious and beautiful. Rooms in back have the best views of Goreme.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Arif Cave Hotel is the best choice I made on my vacation to Turkey! This place is the coziest and most quaint place you'll ever stay at. The way the hotel is situated gives you a complete view of the surrounding area, so you could enjoy amazing views of the stunning landscape that is cappadocia filled with fairy chimneys, beautiful rock formations and of course the balloons that fill the sky every day! Completely breathtaking!

At night, it's even more enjoyable, the night sky lights up and it's just pure magic viewing this from the terrace with a glass of wine at ACH.

As per the room itself, the one that I stayed in was just wonderful. Staying in a cave is a once in a lifetime experience, and I would highly recommend this place to have that special experience. My room was very spacious, and comfortable. And had a nice sitting area next to my private balcony.

But the BEST part of staying at ACH, is meeting the host and getting taken care of by Ahmet. He's is the best and will make sure that you're having the time of your life in his town. You never have to worry about booking anything. He takes care of it all, balloon rides, airports shuttles, tours etc.

I would highly recommend staying here when visiting cappadocia!

Wonderful place, Wonderful staff, Great memories!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo