“Perfect base in Cappadocia”
Review of MDC Hotel

MDC Hotel
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Spent 3 days here and it was the perfect base for a visit to Capadoccia. Rooms were luxurious cave accommodation, food was superb authentic Cappadocian. Very helpful and friendly staff with the very charming and friendly Mustafa.

Highly recommend,

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank mr6826
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your recommendation of MDC Hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the food in our gourmet restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes from all the staff and myself,

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I spent two nights in this wonderful brand new hotel in Urgrup and was exceptionally happy with my ENTIRE experience.

To start off the hotel is brand new, having just opened in 2011. While I had booked the lowest price room, since it was off-season and they were not crowded, they upgraded me at no charge to a suite. My bathroom was the size of all small studio - and everywhere there was beautiful marble. I loved the decor, which included great rugs, comfortable couches and I had my best nights sleep in my cave room - which was exceptionally quiet.

They arranged transport from the airport - which went very smoothly - and when I arrived mid-day I was welcomed by the hotel manager Mustafa - who throughout my visit did his best to make sure I enjoyed myself. He even arranged for the hotel owner Ahmet Kucukyildiz to give me a small mini tour of the area at no charge during one of the afternoons.

The hotel is located on the edge of town, so walking to the center takes about 10 minutes. It is very easy to go on foot, but Mustafa told me he would arrange FREE transport into town anytime I wanted a lift. I actually preferred walking so I only once took him up on it.

Breakfast included a huge spread with cheeses, olives, a person making omelets, and the best were two women who came in and freshly grilled turkish style pancakes (they even let me tried to make one - see photo). I also ate dinner at the hotel on one of the evenings (it is easy to be lazy) and it was quite good - they have all the Turkish specialties and the prices are reasonable - plus the setting nicer than anything I saw in town.

The only issue I'd mention is that while the rooms have wi-fi, due to the thick walls the signals are sometimes weak. However they have two computers in the lobby for guests to use (free) which had excellent reception.

When speaking to other tourists, I realized that staying in Urgup is an excellent choice as it is the largest town in the area and there are quite a few nice shops to visit. Everywhere I walked the people were exceptionally friendly. When comparing notes with other travelers it seems I was the most satisfied with my hotel. At this point, MDC's rates are a bargain, and I would certainly stay there again should I be back in Cappadocia.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DianeAngelaDrey
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of MDC Hotel. We do read our reviews closely and use them for both employee recognition and to ensure that we continue to offer the highest level of service to our guests.
I am very glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Cappadocia a memorable one and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on your next stay.
Best regards

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Like others have said here, the hotel is new. You open the door and all kinds of nooks, crannies, basements, shafts etc open up for you to explore in your suite. Good internet connection in the room despite it being in the mountain/ground. If you are partially handicapped, then you could find yourself walking up some steps hauling that luggage as wheels won't do the job due to the steps. The overhead shower doesn't go up very high so you might have to crouch to get a real shower as a result some water spills on to the floor. Fancy fixtures in the bathroom. Poor ventilation so there might be some odor to the room when you walk in. But best of all, all the rooms have radiant heat, which was wonderful given that OAT (outside air temp) was 26 deg F in mid Feb 2012. I have never seen radiant heat in a hotel room in the US let alone anywhere else in the world. I guess those are the perks of staying at a new hotel. Mustafa was there to help me out while I waited for my shuttle ride back to Kayseri, making my wait comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have the luxury of picking a room in person, do so, upon arrival. Because the room I stayed...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank globetrotter709
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your review, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable feedback. Being in a mountainous region our hotel (like most of the cave hotels in Cappadocia) is on different levels. But all our staircases are equipped with wheechair-friendly ramps and our guests with reduced mobility also appreciate the equipment in the bathrooms with specially positionned handrails.

I am glad that you you enjoyed our luxury suites and hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed here for a night while visiting Capadoccia.
The rooms are gorgeous,spotless & very comfortable.
The staff is friendly, especially the manager Mustafa who was very helpful & hospitable.
Would definitely recommend this place to stay and would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MadsUK
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Cappadocia a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

What a wonderful stay! The room was incredible, the hotel was beautiful, the service was fantastic, and the food was amazing. This was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had in our many travels. We were personally welcomed by Mustaffah, the hotel manager, and were made to feel very comfortable in the beautiful hotel lobby and were offered our choice of tea while we were checked in and our bags were brought to the room. Mustaffah personally escorted us to our room and showed us around. The room was absolutely incredible. All the rooms are cave rooms, which is unique in and of itself, but they have been beautifully decorated and have all the finest amenities. Our room was huge, with a king-sized bed and a large built in Turkish style bench/couch with plush cushions. The bathroom was very large with beautiful granite and tile and had a Jacuzzi tub. There was complimentary wireless internet access with a very strong signal in the room. The only thing resembling a complaint I might have is that it did not have a separate shower. The shower was European style, meaning that the tub had a hand shower which could be used. Again, very European in style, so I can’t really call it a complaint, but a separate stall shower would have added some convenience.

We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and the only word I can say is wow. We were famished after a full day tour of Cappadocia, and wanted to try many different things off of the menu. Each thing we tried was absolutely delicious. The prices were extremely reasonable, especially when compared with the quality of the food. We were raving so much to the waiter that he offered for us to meet the chef, which we promptly agreed to do. He came out and greeted us, and we thanked him for such a wonderful meal. During our meal, there was also live Turkish music, which added even more charm to the whole experience.

The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant again (it was included in our package), and it was equally delicious as the meal the night before. Some Turkish women were making traditional Turkish pancakes and gave us a demonstration on how they were prepared. While we were watching them make the pancakes, our table was filled with an assortment of delicious Turkish breakfast foods. Quite a spread, I must say.

We were checking out that morning and going on another full day tour in Cappadocia. After our tour we were scheduled to be brought to another hotel close to the center of town to wait for our transfer to the airport that evening. We had enjoyed the food and the hotel so much, that we requested to be brought back to the MDC Hotel in the evening after our tour instead in order to have another wonderful dinner before being taken to the airport. Mustaffah made all the arrangements for us, and that is exactly what we did. After our tour, we were taken back to the MDC Hotel and were once again personally greeted by Mustaffah. He sat and chit chatted with us in the lobby over tea before we went to the restaurant for our dinner. After dinner, our bags were carried to the waiting van, and he personally walked us out and wished us good travels.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cappadocia. Our experience was so good, that to be honest, I would consider going to Cappadocia just to relax at this hotel for a few days. Much thanks to Mustaffah, MDC Hotel and Jasminne Tours in Istanbul for making this all happen. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2kornsontherun
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a long and detailed review of our hotel, we really do appreciate it. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and our gourmet chef's culinary prowesses. It was a great pleasure for us to have you as guests at MDC Hotel and I would be very happy to welcome you again personally on your next visit.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels in Turkey and wish you all the best,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was the best hotel we could have hoped for, the suite we stayed in was in a cave and very luxurious. The hotel ambience was excellent and the staff were very hospitable. Especially our guide and later we know he is the owner of hotel Mr. Ahmed with his friendly and hospitable manner of hosting the guests, and the very supportive staff especially Mr. Mustafa I must mentioned his name as he was the most friendly staff I met in amoung the hotel staff, although everyone was hospitable and friendly. As we spoke to him the most, and he went above and beyond and we were just so grateful to him.

The breakfast was excellent. There was a lot of space in this room and an incredible bathroom attached. There is something very special about these caves that gave us the best sleep to date!

Amazing part of Turkey..!! For anyone visiting Cappadocia we would enthusiastically recommend MDC to stay in.

Irfan Abdulahad
Dammam - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a scenic view. I am not sure about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irfan A
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you very much for your recommendation of MDC Hotel. We read all reviews and comments carefully as our guests' feedback is very valuable to us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciated the sleep quality.

Turkish hospitality is a tradition that we are proud of and all the staff at MDC Hotel are always more than happy to ensure that your stay is just perfect; teamwork is very important here.

Best wishes from all of us and hope to greet you again on your next visit,

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at the MDC by chance as it was included I'm a 2 day tour. What a great surprise! Fantastic cave room with our own mini Hamam & double Jaccuzi. Every room is unique & well appointed with Turkish textiles and furniture made on site. Beautiful restaurant overlooking the small valley in front of the hotel. The food and service were excellent. This hotel is a real treasure and we plan to return in warmer weather.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Scott P
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we do appeciate it. We do our utmost to ensure that our guests' stay is never less than perfect and it is a pleasure for us to know that you had a fantastic time with us in MDC Hotel.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your return visit.
Best regards,
Owner and General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
1.2 km away
11.8 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia
7.1 km away
Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Been to MDC Hotel? Share your experiences!