All reviews turkey central location basmane station excellent hotel walking distance double bed clean rooms city bazaar tl
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

I am here now. I read some negative reviews on tripadvisor before I got here and was kind of scared that it may be a bad stay. But everything has been perfect until now. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is ok quiet and very clean. Some reviews mentioned that the rooms were small and the lightning was bad. Yes my room and bathroom is small but for what I am paying it's something I am willing to live with. It's not a big deal. They are not so small. It's OK for couple of days. The lights are also nicely dimmed. I like it. It is also a plus that you get two bottles of water from your minibar and coffee /tea free. Also in the lobby there is always free coffee and tea. The lobby, halls and stairways, the escalator and reception are all decorated nicely with pictures of famous paintings, some figures of Saint Maria and Buddha and ect. nice job from here. There is something Italian over the hotel. I don't know. The hotel is close to main attractions like kordon, alsancak and the famous clock tower of Izmir. Subway and railway stations are also so close. We took a trip to alaçatı with subway (to the end station and from there with bus) today. Very effective, clean and speedy I must say. And quiet cheap as well. You should go to alaçatı if you ever come to Izmir. And if you're looking for a almost budget hotel with very high standards I recommend staying at this hotel.

Ps : breakfast from 7-10. And is ok. Nothing special, not bad though. The view I got is also as one review mentioned, a wall . But I don't mind. I am out and experiencing the city all day long and when I am back just surfing a little and going to bed. So the view isn't a deal-breaker for me. If it's important for you guys you should check it out before you install your selves. I will update /review again if anything worth knowing happens. Peace...

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mustafa O
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2016

Dear Mustafa O.,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we will welcome you here at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel on your future trips to Izmir. We are waiting for your second stay.

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night in order to do some sightseeing in Ephesus.

We booked it because it was cheap and had good reviews, and it was a very good choice.

It well located in one of the main roads, and it wasnt hard to find. We were driving, and the hotel had free parking, so that was perfect for us.

The hotel is nice and clean, and the rooms, although a bit on the small side, were nice and comfortable. I did not like the pillow much, but that's just me.

The breakfast was lovely, one of the best ee had in out trip. The night we stayed in Izmir, we head out for a walk and did not like much the city, so we went back to the hotel to have dinner, and surprisingly the hotel food was beautiful and at a very good price.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luisa I

Dear Luisa I.,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and please do visit us again.

Best Regards, Zeliha

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Well, the hotel is clean and the breakfast superb, I also think the location is quite okey, not far away from the sea promenade and old market. However, the room we got was a disiaster - what I mean there were no windows, instead lots of lamps but all of them so dim that one would struggle to read anything, AND it was so warm there, apparently the air-conditioning didn't work as I gathered from the staff.

Stayed: December 2015

Dear Baczars,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2015

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2016

Reviewed December 15, 2015

The staff are friendly, the hotel is clean ,the rooms are beautifully set out,and the bed is comfortable, coffee in the room, free coffee while your in the hotel,
Breakfast was really good, plenty of choice,
We had evening meal in the hotel, very good price and very enjoyable evening and value for money,all round stay, will use again,

Room Tip: top floor ,less noise
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple