All reviews turkey central location basmane station excellent hotel walking distance double bed clean rooms city ephesus bazaar tl
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Fine hotel to stay, rooms are clean and okay. Coffe, tea and waters in the mini refrigerator are free but cokes and beers are not free of charge. Wifi is okay too. The hotel stuff is kind and helpful. I would stay here again if I came to Izmir again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank QuuenElizabeth
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Dear GayRaccoon,

I hope we will welcome you here at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel on your future trips to Izmir. We are waiting for your next stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

This hotel simply is a great value. They have decent rooms and great service, among other things. The only setback is that one can access the top floor by stairs from the floor below. Their breakfast is one of the best I have ever seen anywhere. The location is not the best in Izmir (it is at Cankaya, close to Basmane which was not a great neighbourhood until several decades ago), but it is essentially walking distance to Konak and Alsancak (and Kordon by that token). I recommend this hotel to anyone who lives within a budget!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Dear Anbarcin,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

From where it was on the map, the hotel seemed to be in a good location. It was close to a metro station, surrounded by numerous restaurants, and had easy access to major roads. However, parking was horrible. It was just a gravel lot across from the back of the hotel. Even though they list free parking, it is nearly impossible to reach it at certain times of the day. Hotel staff provided little help in navigating the one way streets, numerous barricades and daily afternoon closures that prevented me from getting to the parking lot. Although they had easily accessible underground parking at the front of the hotel, it was not offered to us and we only saw the nice cars coming out from that garage.

The hotel seemed to cater primarily to Turkish people. Like most of the country, English signage was sorely lacking and only a few of the hotel staff spoke passable English. They weren't rude or anything like that. They just weren't very helpful because of the language barrier. The hotel lobby was cool and comfortable, but the decor was a mix of Italian art gallery meets My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Gaudy and random would be an understatement.

Our top floor room had window with a wonderful view of the wall of the parking garage next door. I'm not sure why they stuck us on the top floor, even though they didn't seem full, but it was the hottest floor in the hotel. Each day we returned from a scorching hot day in the sun to a sauna of a room. The AC did work, but took time to cool off the room. Perhaps it's because the hallways weren't air conditioned and neither was the elevator. Oh, that reminds me; there's no elevator to the sixth floor. It seemed like the sixth floor was an afterthought. We had to take the elevator to the fifth floor and walk up a circular stairway to the sixth. Did I mention it was really hot in the hallways and stairways?!

Our room was clean, but cigarette smoke smells lingered, despite no smoking signs throughout. The bed was okay, but there was no top sheet and no extra blankets. The solitary scratchy blanket provided barely covered the top of the bed. With two people underneath, it wasn't even enough to cover us both. I'd wake up in the middle of the night half uncovered and cold. There was a constantly leaking toilet with noisy plumbing. Each time the tank refilled about every two minutes, the valve squealed loudly like an injured cat, especially late at night. The room had a safe, but didn't work and was never fixed despite asking the staff at reception to come fix it. On the plus side, it had nice painted ceilings that resembled a sky. Which is good because the ceilings were barely two meters high. Tall people beware.

Housekeeping was intermittent. If we didn't leave our room until after 12 noon, our room wouldn't get serviced. No daily water, no fresh towels. Other days, we would get extra towels and toiletries, as if to make up for the missed day.

Internet was sporadic and unreliable. Sometimes it would connect, but there was no connection beyond the hotel. Many times, I ended up using my cellular data, because it was faster.

Breakfast was somewhat lacking, but great if you love 12 varieties of olives, 10 salty cheeses, 10 kinds of bread, and very little of any western breakfast food. Everything was self serve buffet style, so I could eat as much as I wanted of the food I didn't really care for. At least the coffee and tea were good and plentiful.

On the other hand, the hotel restaurant had really good dinner meals and served late into the evening. Service was exceptional. Great grilled items and very good manti, making it one of the few redeeming qualities of this hotel.

I'm not sure what makes this hotel boutique, but it wasn't expensive, and the accommodations reflected that. Altogether, it makes this place just average. I'm sure there are much nicer places to stay in Izmir and perhaps that's why I was able to get a last minute 5-day booking.

Date of stay: August 2016

Dear Eric H.,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us.
Best Regards, Zeliha

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Everything you need from a hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The aircon wasn't working well in our first room and immediately they switched us to an upgraded room. The wifi worked very well. The included buffet breakfast was delicious and there was a lot of variety. Great place to stay in Izmir.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Tomorrowsart,

Reviewed July 13, 2016

If you don't like the big hotel factories, this is a good alternative in Izmir. We stayed just one night. The room wasn't a bit small and basic if you want a longer stay, but fine for one night. The location was convenient for us - close to the first big roundabout and easy to find by car. Breakfast was excellent and the staff helped us out with some items - since our luggage did not arrive with us...

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Dear Guest Jorgen Bo N,