“no wonder it is the #1 restaurant in Kars.Thumbs up👍”
Review of Han-i Hanedan

Han-i Hanedan
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Kars
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

apparently, the bakers are off on sundays , so dont expect to find fresh bread in any place you go to. that is the case for the last 3 years the owner told us. He was kind enough to offer us some appetizers with our bread. our experience is over all positive. nice music playing in the background to take you back in time... the owner was kind enough to offer us tea and a local desert. enjoy your meal and the street view from 1. floor.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Only place in town with alcohol license, really good food and unique wine. Definetly suggest going, nice musicians come later as well. Best place to go.

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

All local food is good especially duck, there is alcoholic beverages but family can go. There was live music (Turkish).
Proper, clean, good food, in the center of the city.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant, and the food was very good. It is right in the center of town. Prices are reasonable considering the good quality of the food, ambiance and service.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

This is currently the number two (out of 42) restaurant in the city. (It has 5/5 from 227 reviews; strangely, the number one restaurant has 4.5/5 from 140 reviews, so something seems to be up with Trip Advisor's algorithm.)

I was there mid-afternoon today (Tuesday 03/10/2017), around 3 or 4pm, and there were only two other people in the restaurant, so they certainly weren't rushed off their feet and there was zero atmosphere! I wanted to start with the grilled mushrooms, but they weren't available. I ended up ordering the pancake to start, which on the website looked a bit like an enchilada, and the steak for my main. After ordering, I was given two free dips and some bread (which was poor compared to the amazing Turkish bread that I've experienced everywhere else in the country). A few minutes later the pancake arrived - it turned out to be a deep-fried crispy pancake roll with some meat and salad/peppers inside, except it was still frozen in the middle. Literally 90 seconds after the half-frozen pancake arrived, the steak turned up. The steak was actually ok, but the rice was only luke-warm and the chips were oven chips. The pictures of the food in the menu section of their website (and the first photo of the steak here on Trip Advisor) have either been taken from some stock photo website or are from a previous chef, as they look absolutely nothing like the food that is served. After paying, the owner came over to say hi. He doesn't speak much English and responded "ok, thanks" to most of the things that I said to him. However, he did offer me a free dessert (small but tasty) and tea before I left.

I was still pretty hungry after this unsatisfactory meal, and ended up getting a pide and lahamacum at 'Antep Pide ve Lahmacun Salonu' just one minute away on the other side of the main road. By the time I finished these I was finally full.

2  Thank Graham J