See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Room was very basic, more like a Motel 6... Not a 4 star as advertised. Star rating in Turkey is based on hotel amenities offered; restaurant, spa, etc. rather than room comfort.... The room was too warm for sleeping comfort. We had requested a double or queen bed during our tour. We were given twin beds dressed as twin beds... Dinner was served tours, so no buffet . Waiters seemed disappointed that we didn't purchase beverages... My highlight at this hotel was their special service of my gluten- free dietary needs. This was the only place I was served soup & it was DELICIOUS!!! All other restaurants had gluten products in their soups... A shopping mall is right across the street with a store similar to Wal-mart, good prices & variety. We tried to do a cash advance in both a Turkish bank & HBSC with no success. Please carry a PIN to do cash advances so you don't have a problem. Thank you Ender, our guide, for helping us! Breakfast was nothing special. Of all the hotels on our Gate 1 tour, this is my least favorite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel is in the city but with in walking distance of a mall. The staff of the hotel were helpful, the room clean, and the meals were very enjoyable. My stay was an overnight during December and it was much too cold to explore the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Not very well located, not in a good location as there is nothing nearby this hotel to see or do. It seems that previous reviews have mixed up this hotel with the Hotel Ozkaymak Park which appears to be by some big Mall and shopping center.

We had a large room. Air conditioning did not work so we had to open the window with all the street noise. Burn marks on the rug. Beds very hard (beds in Turkey tend to be hard but this was worse than usual) and the pillows were very hard.
The bathroom was ok but the hair dryer worked for about a minute then died, the sink faucet leaked, but the shower was excellent.

We ate at the dining room for dinner, the buffet dinner was ok, but not very interesting, the deserts were decent though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank BostonSkier
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here 1 night as part of a Gate 1 Travel tour in November, 2013. (This review is no big reflection on Gate 1; although this hotel was worse than it should have been, other hotels we stayed at were better than they needed to be.) My room in this hotel had such an extremely strong chemical smell—perhaps carpet cleaner??—that I could barely stand it. But I decided not to bother complaining and trying to switch, and instead opened the large picture window to try airing it out. That wasn't very effective and I woke up several times during the night bothered by the horrible smell.

A chorus of similar complaints was voiced by many others on the tour. But their description of the smell was different from mine. They didn't perceive a chemical smell, but a smokey smell which some said was from camouflaging cigaret smoke, others said smelled like something burning, and still others thought it was fumes from all the traffic outside.

Bottom line is that many complained about smells, and I certainly regretted that I didn't immediately ask to have my room switched instead of settling in, hoping it would get better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at this property as part of a Gate 1 tour for one night. The hotel is old and needs to be updated. My TV did not work. The rooms are big but the bathrooms are tiny. Rooms are very dark and noisy. I was there in November, so the A/C is off and the heat is on, so it was very warm in the room. The windows only opened a little. The wifi was free, but very slow. The buffet dinner and breakfast were good. The hotel is located across the street from a mall.

This hotel is at best a two star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo