All reviews comfortable hotel rumi's tomb walking distance great location stayed here bed mevlana centre city
Reviewed May 11, 2018

We stayed 1 night at this hotel. Very comfortable and clean with air conditioning/ Walking distance to Mevlana Museum and great friendly staff. Buffet breakfast. Room had a safe and the bathroom had miniature bottles. The fridge was full of soft drinks etc which you have to pay for if consumed. About 50 meters from the tomb of Shams Tabrezi.

Room Tip: we were on 4th floor which was quiter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2018

I stayed for one night only during my Konya trip last Tuesday. The hotel is very good and it is on a great location. I recommend this hotel with full confidence.

My advice to the hotel management is to hire more English speaking people and ensure that all the listed items on the menu are available in the kitchen during night time. But this was not a major problem for us.

The thing that I loved the most about this hotel is that I had the most peaceful sleep of my entire Trip to Turkey at this hotel.

Besides that, wonderful place. Loved it. Totally going back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarcoPolo721
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in a suite with 2 kids, it's a very basic comfortable hotel with great service. It's very close to Rumi's tomb (easily walking distance) and also very close to many good restaurants

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and was extremely impressed with the hotel staff who were all very friendly and helpful when I needed assistance. The rooms very clean and the location is very central and walking distance to several of the main attractions of the city. I was that happy with the hotel I went back and stayed another 2 nights. I will be definately going back when I’m in Turkey/ Konya again. Thumbs up for this hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2017

The best thing about this hotel is its location which is right in the centre with all you need to see around you and is within walking distance. The hotel is fairly modern but it's dated and not easy to find by car, though they do have a car park!
I paid for a bedroom with "city views" but there wasn't one, instead the room looked onto a back area, no view at all!
The bedroom was a reasonable size and clean with a nice bathroom with walk in shower, mini fridge but the bed was extremely uncomfortable (hard) as were the pillows. Good air con however!
The breakfast was typically Turkish style with a good choice, omelettes to order. We ate there one evening, we were 2 of us and one other customer. We wanted smoke salmon to start but they didn't have any. Then we wanted steak with pepper sauce but there was no sauce, so ended up with steak and no sauce which was very dry. Why they had no salmon and pepper sauce I couldn't say but wasn't very professional!
They also advertise a fitness centre but it was closed when we looked.
The best thing about this hotel apart from location are the reception staff who were very nice and very helpful, The young guy in the evening restaurant was very good also.
Apart from all Mevlana there is little to do in Konya. You can not find alcohol in any restaurant, shop or hotel and finding a diet drink isn't easy. Every restaurant and cafe is kepab and doner, we couldn't find a decent restaurant anywhere. head for Alaadin hill and zafer cad for a relaxing soft drink and a spot of people watching. Both have a nice buzz!
Konya is a one night stop unless you enjoy being bored :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends