Hillside Beach Club
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Golden Moon Hotel(Fethiye)(Great Value!)
US$42
Doruk Hotel(Fethiye)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$89
US$86
Yildirim Guest House(Fethiye)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$23
Hotels.com
US$205
US$164
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

Hotel Unique(Fethiye)
US$173
Oykun Hotel(Fethiye)(Great Value!)
US$48
TripAdvisor
US$411
1,306 results
All reviewssilent beachkids clubnature spamain restaurantturkeywalk in wardrobenext yearwater sportsbeautiful baylate breakfastsuperior roomentertainment teamholiday resortmeal timesany ageall agesshuttle bus
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to Turkey - and Hillside Beach Club. A top class, efficiently run hotel that commands a fantastic location on its own bay with 3 beautiful pebbled beaches and loads of facilities/amenities if you want them. The accommodation, quality and choice of food, without exception the wonderful efficient hard working staff - which is unusual for such a big hotel - and fantastic beach location means we will certainly be going back. There is no need to leave the Beach Club if you just want to chill.

A few tips for first time visitors to the hotel.
No kettles in the rooms. Take a travel kettle and tea/coffee and plastic mugs. You can get milk from the restaurants if you take a small plastic water bottle and fill it from the milk bar in restaurant. We booked a superior room - it was fantastic - room 392 - which had a mini bar in the room - with room for a small water bottle filled with milk.
No need to take any towels. Soft fluffy bathroom ones changed daily and beach towels supplied daily for the beach. Hairdrier in bathrooms adequate.
Drinks are extra if not drank in the restaurants at breakfast, lunch or dinner (2 cokes were 12 turkish lire) but in the restaurants can take unfinished bottled water or wine to your room. The times the 3 different restaurants are open are slightly staggered so there are only a few hours early evening that you cannot get anything to eat or drink without paying.
There are 2 elevators at the beach club. Try not to get a room next to them - as they intrude on your privacy on your terrace.
Take the shuttle bus (4 TL) from the hotel at 8.00 pm to Fethyie for an evening in the Bazaar. You get no hassle and the shop keepers are so friendly. Remember to offer 50% of price quoted then perhaps go up to 3/4.
Watch the weight of your luggage going home!! At Dalaman Airport they will charge you £10 per kilo if you go over your baggage allowance. They are very strict and there is nothing you can do but pay it or empty your bag!!
Check out Silent and Serenity Beach and the floating platforms. Loads of room - no need to get up early and put your towel on a sun bed! They are perfect with a good book! No kids allowed - nothing personal, but lovely to have absolute peace and quiet. Loads of lovely beach for families with children and of course the pool.
Go and enjoy - we certainly will be going back as soon as we can.

5  Thank LucyRabb
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I finally formmatted my brain after so many years. I miss to be there...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Well like us you have probably already reviewed all of the other Hillside reviews on many web sites.

We travelled in September for a 11 day honeymoon holiday and it was fantastic, already started to look at booking for next September.

Arrival
We were taken on the thomas cook main coach to a change over point and then put onto a mini bus to take us onto hillside, it takes about 40 minutes to get to the change over point and about another 15 minutes to then get to hillside.

As we arrrived in the early hours of the morning we didnt really know what the resort was like, all we knew was that we seemed to be going up and round a hill and then back down again to the hotel. When we arrived at reception, check in was very quick and efficient and welcome bags supplied with some apple juice and a cheese and tomatoe baguette. A plan of the hotel was given to us showing as where our room was (block 400) and explaining the times of the restaurant etc. We were then driven by what looked like a little golf buggy to our room with our luggage.

Rooms
When we arrived at our room, it was lovely and modern. We had a type A room which is a double room with a terrace area outside and this is where your toilet and shower room is and also a third room which had a single bed and a smaller bed for a child (take it these are family rooms). As there was only two of us the spare room was never used after looking at it on the first night.

Block 400 is about a 5 minute walk away from the main restaurant, however it is close to the silent beach which is for adults only and also the two floating platforms which again are very peaceful with beautiful views.

In your room they leave you little free goodies, such as a nail file, hair bands, a loofah body polish sponge, cotton buds, cotton face pads, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, body wash gel and moisturiser.

Rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels provided and flower petals spread over your bed. On another day they left us some very tasty chocolates thanking us for staying at hillside and on our final day they left us the turkish eye momento thanking us for staying with them and welcoming us back.

Beach/pool
Like everyone else has mentioned, the pool is great, the sun beds are so, so , so comfortable, they are like a mattress with a pillow, honeslty the best sunbeds i have ever come across. The sea water is so clear that you can see all of the fish swimming around you. The beach is not sand, it is pebbles so you need shoes or your feet will get sore, also take a pair of shoes to wear into the water as the pebbles continue into the sea, or you can just go along one of the board walks and use the stairs to go into the water.

Best selection i have ever seen for a buffet. Every morning there is loads of cereals and different types of bread placed out, loads of fruit, yoghurts, boiled eggs, tomatoes, cheeses, etc etc. Lunch has everything from fresh fish and meats cooked to pizzas and the biggest salad bar ever, this continues into the evening with such varied varieties of food. No one can complaint at all about the food selection. And finally deserts...wow..they are amazing, they must have about 40 different types of desserts out for you to try and they are fantastic. Bottled water and a bottle of red wine is place on each table during lunch and dinner and efes beer you can drink also as well as soft drinks. The waiters in the hotel are very pleasant, especially Sinan and Mehmet who served us daily during our stay, two fab guys which hillside should be proud of of the service they provide.

Entertainment
Daily there are activities to take part in which are free, there is dart tournaments, water polo, aqua aerobics, fun bingo, dance classes, tai chi, yoga, pilates and archery. There is also canoes which you can take out to the water which is free. In the evening it is the same entertainment team that do the sports as mentioned above that is involved in the shows and i have to say the shows are fab considering that they are entertainment staff, also the way they decorate the stage for the shows is also very good. The cher show was amazing, there is also beach parties which also has a water display such as jet ski's, water ski-ing and paragliding, there is efes beer parties, michael jackson tributes followed by beach parties and also gala parties with fire works, champagne given out etc. The entertainment will suit everyone over your stay. Alex (i think real name alekto), anyone who has been to hillside will know who i mean when i say """"very nice""" as he shouts this every day and it is so funny, also the nice turkish lad who takes the water polo, both of them are fab and they can certainly dance, hopefully they will be there next year.

The hotel is stunning, very clean, very modern in its design and all staff are fantastic and cant do enough for you. Ok drinks can be a bit expensive 6.50 turkish lira for an efes beer or 10 turkish lira for spirits etc, but if you place this against the amount of free beer that they give out and also the 30% discount you get if you book between certain times it is not too expensive, also you get a receipt as you go along so you know what to expect your bill to be like at the end of your stay...forgot to say you dont pay cash at any point during your holiday, they give you a swipe card to use and this is why you get the receipts so best to do what we did and put the money away for what you spend daily so there are no surprises at the end of your stay. However when you do check out they give you a detailed break down of every time you have used your swipe card.

All in all a fantastic hotel, you would think it was a hotel from the caribbean and occasionally when you look at the colour of the sea water and the views you would think you were in the caribbean. There are also two spa's at the hotel and they are also great.

The hotel was full of couples and families so would not say it is ideal for any singles out there (maybe in the july and aug months) but for families and couple it is a must visit hotel...I cant wait to get back next year.

2  Thank NadWil
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I'm sitting at the kitchen table on a grey Wednesday afternoon in East Anglia looking at the beautiful pictures from our holiday at Hillside feeling rather gloomy, desperately trying to keep myself away from the temptation of the Thomas Cook website in case I book another trip to this amazing hotel a bit too soon! I felt I should write a review as this website has been invaluable to me over the years when booking trips away.

Hillside is a crazy yet blissfully relaxing place. You can occupy yourself 24/7 with endless (and on the whole, free) activities as my partner did, or you can slip away to one of the adult beaches or the floating pontoons and simply relax. Yes it is quite pricey but you do get what you pay for. This was our first visit to Turkey and I have simply fallen in love with the place - the main reason being the beautiful people and their customs. This is especially important at Hillside as the staff are second to none. I must say thanks to the Reception staff, the lovely lady from Guest Relations who helped me during my time of need (more about that later!), Ahmet and Bariş in the restaurant, Sarah in the Sanda Day Spa and the BRILLIANT staff at the Diving School. Their passion and caring natures are infectious.

The rooms are very interesting (we stayed in a class A room, block 100) with big balconies that lead off to the bedroom and separately to the bathroom which is partly exposed to the elements. Huge walk in closets and massive glazed doors adorn the bedrooms and the views as you lie in bed are second to none - pine-clad mountains leading down to a clear blue sea. You will be lying in bed a lot as the bed are so comfortable and come complete with a pillow menu. There was some noise from the nightly entertainment but we didn't go to bed too early so this didn't bother us.

I think I put on half a stone during a one week break, that's how good the food is. A good amount of traditional turkish meze in the starters and salad selections with grilled fish and freshly cooked rice dishes and not to mention the HUGE array of baklava. I am literally itching to take a trip to the Kingsland Road in London to get hold of some back in the UK. As I mentioned the staff are very attentive and shock of all shocks, the table wine was actually okay! We ate after 8:30pm to avoid the kids feeding time.

The beaches, pool and wooden pontoons all have very comfortable sun loungers and the beach towel service is very handy. Definitely visit the Serenity Beach as this was my favourite but if you fancy a dip in the sea wear beach shoes. On our 4th day I went snorkelling and stepped on a sea urchin and currently have 30 black spines still in my foot. The on-site doctor saw to my foot (after being whisked there by the dive boat driver in a speedboat!) and I must say the standard of care was excellent. The lady I mentioned earlier from Guest Relations sat with me and held my hand whilst the doctor and several attendants attempted to remove the spines from my foot.

The diving school, as I mentioned before, were superb. Ozzy the dive master was extremely professional, passionate and friendly. In fact the whole team worked to ensure that my partner had several enjoyable and relaxing dives. If you want to try diving don't book through Thomas Cook. You end up paying more and travelling 20+ minutes to Fethiye then getting on a boat to come all the way back out to the coves around the hotel. We didn't try any of the Thomas Cook excursions (especially not Talk of the Town - it looked dire) but the TC rep, Herma, was an absolute star and worked relentlessly to ensure our holiday was perfect.

Fethiye itself is a very nice town with a beautiful harbour and interesting bazaar. When we go back we'll definitely visit the Mosque and the Hammam. I wouldn't bother visiting the Tuesday market though unless you are only interested in knock off goods. The food section of the market was however very interesting (lots of knobbly vegetables and huge tables piled high with sweets) and an essential source of revenue for the local population. If you are interested in Turkey's recent history then a visit to the abandoned village of Kayaköy is a must. It tells the very sad story of the enforced population exchange between Greece and Turkey in 1923 and acts as the setting for Louis de Bernieres' 2004 novel Birds Without Wings (in the book the village is called Eskibahçe). We went with the hotel's own guide Naci Dinçer, a lovely man who is extremely passionate about Kayaköy's fate and who simply must publish his book!!!

As for Hillside, I can actually say I miss this place. My partner and I are both moping around at home feeling a bit lost, lonely and hungry! We are definitely going back there, something very rare for us to do. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me, I'm sure there is so much I've missed out of this review but it looks pretty lengthy as it is!!

1  Thank Starlette44
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I was drawn to the Hillside Beach Club by the phenomenally positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a relentless torrent of praise for an hotel (or at least one with such a huge volume of guest reviews behind it). This I had to see. The first thing I will acknowledge is that everything previous commentators have said is true – the resort (for it is far more than an hotel) is immaculate, the superior rooms are beautifully appointed, the views are incredible, the sea crystal clear, the food is superlative and every facility imaginable is made available to visitors. It really is hard to fault and to the previous poster who contended that ‘Hillside does not like kids’ I cannot think but that you were at a different hotel – there is soooo much laid on for children to suggest that kids are not well catered for simply because there are (mercifully) a couple of adult only areas is churlish. The kiddie-friendliness of Hillside is evidenced by the high volume of families holidaying there, and as someone without children the number of kids screaming and running about at meal times was a bit much on occasions. Silent Beach was a much appreciated sanctuary and meals at Pasha a further respite. So, very little to criticise Hillside for. However…… you could be just about anywhere. This is my single biggest disappointment and may arise from the fact that this was my first ever full board, resort style holiday. The complex is not all that far outside Fethiye but is in such a remote location that it is virtually inaccessible unless you are prepared to shell out for taxis constantly (there is a shuttle bus to and from the hotel, but not all that frequently). A large part of any holiday for me is experiencing the culture of the country I am visiting and Hillside is such an international venue that if it were not for the presence of the gulets in the bay you would be hard pushed to know exactly where you were in the world. This format clearly pleases the Turkish holidaymakers who form the majority of the guests (refreshing that Hillside does not have a huge UK visitor bias) but for me the un-Turkishness of Hillside was a bit of a dampener. That is just me though and no reflection on Hillside because it does what it does extremely well, I just thought I should flag the remoteness and the homogeneous Euro-style-ness for those expecting something more Turkish. If Club Med is your thing then Hillside will push all the right buttons, but lovely as Hillside was I won’t be returning.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family