“Hit or miss for food but Sisha was great!!”

Matisse Restaurant Fethiye
Ranked #33 of 501 Restaurants in Fethiye
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had booked a table for 11 of us for a birthday party. We went inside of the restaurant looked around and I had chosen two tables at the back. I also explained that it was for a birthday party.

When we arrived the table was set up in the middle of the restaurant, right by the entrance/exit and all they did was put two table together. Nothing else. Nothing special, I was very disappointed. I think my expectations were too high to be honest.

Also when I booked the table I was told that there was going to be live music. When we got there I was told that musician had a small accident and hurt his hand. I hope he gets better very soon. But I have been talking to them via WhatsApp and confirming the booking, I think they should have a little courtesy to tell me this was the case.

When it comes to food it’s a HIT or MISS. My cousin had a steak and he said “It was one of the best steak he has ever had” I had meat balls, it was dry and cold, chips were cold too but rice was nice. My daughter had a curry, she loved it but found it, I thought it was very salty but again we don’t use much salt maybe it’s me. I am just trying to be fair.

The deserts were very very nice. Loved the lemon cheesecake.

The staff are really helpful, very polite and they are trying to ensure you are having a great time. So the staff gets 10 stars ⭐️ specially the ones that work outside.

I think the other best thing about the place was Sisha. Everyone loved it. I will go back for the Sisha alone. The young lad who in charge of it was very helpful, couldn’t do enough for us.

The location is fantastic, it’s right by the sea where you can see the lights of the boats when it gets dark.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful family dinner
We enjoyed the food , service and atmosphere .
Hopefully on our next time to Turkey we will be able to come again.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Whither you are a meat eater, Pescatarian or vegetarian or just enjoy a well made (alcoholic) drink; Matisse will not let you down.

The sitting areas inside & outside the restaurant are so relaxing, you'll want to stay all day or all night.

The staff couldn't do enough & there service was 1st class. We loved this restaurant whither we visited as a family (with our then 8month old baby) or when my partner & myself went on a date night. The food is so fresh & tasty, the restaurant is spotless, even the customer toilets are spotless & rather luxurious.

Thank you Matisse/Yetkin for being so welcoming, we would love to visit again... See you the next time we come to Turkey :)

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We visited twice because we were very happy with the food and it's a nice place to eat by the sea at sunset. We hoped that the staff may be a bit more attentive the second time but this wasn't the case. The staff stand in groups chatting while you wait for them. They are VERY attentive of the passing girls and the high flyers. We would still go back because the food is so nice. It is in a nice development of new restaurants that has grown over the last couple of years and continues to grow. It's a nice avenue to stroll with a lot of restaurants to choose from. Less than half a kilometre from Fethiye and a couple of kilometres from Calis beach.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank graham_ward
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

I was expecting good things from this place but was left disappointed. First off they were 30 minutes late collecting us from our hotel, which could be forgiven as timing is a bit more relaxed here. Then we had some below average cocktails. The food was poor and the mains came out warm rather than hot, and they hadn't even cleared the starter plates before trying to serve the mains. I had the mixed grill and it was mainly fatty cuts of different meat. The place wasn't particularly busy but the service was slow. Would not return.

Date of visit: May 2017