All reviews pool area beach front double room few minutes walk good nights sleep lovely hotel marmaris centre boat trip sunbeds holiday fab season maid chips waiters
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I wanted to write an honest review as I read the reviews that varied greatly and therefore didn't know what to expect.

first of all the hotel itself is nice, its a nice building, its clean, the room was nice, generally décor and furnishings are nice. the lobby was comfortable, all the dining was outside (have bug spray). The room was nice, some things a little bit dated such as the bathroom and the balcony and balcony door which was a bit hard to open as the wood had rotted away a bit, but the bedroom section was nice. The only negative was the bed which was very uncomfortable, pillows were really nice but the mattress was super hard I couldn't get a good nights sleep and ended the holiday with quite a bad back (although I usually sleep on a memory foam so perhaps I am spoilt)

The lift was out of order for most of our stay so we had to use the staff lift or the stairs which wasn't an issue, but the carpets of the hallways on our floor were stained by what looked like bleach - again didn't really bother me but just an observation. Apart from that very clean and nice.

The food was OK... sometimes it was really good, sometimes it wasn't very good at all, it was a bit of a gamble, the majority of the meat was veal, so not great if you don't like veal or don't usually eat red meat, disappointed that fish was only served once in our stay for dinner despite it being right next to the sea and there being an abundance of restaurants serving fish in the vicinity. There was a lot of fried food and not a great variety of vegetables, but always fresh salad- although this was always the same. Desert was also very samey, lots of Turkish sweets, so very soaked in Honey and tasting almost identical, on our last day there was an amazing cake though, so this was a nice treat. Overall I would say the food was ok, in hindsight I would have not gotten all inclusive, as our last day had a large cross over between all inclusive ending and our transfer we decided to go out for dinner and the food was phenomenal, it made me realise how average the food at the hotel was and therefore for only £20 for 2 people for 2 amazing fish dinners, beer, and fruit I would definitely visit Marmaris again, but take advantage of the amazing food around the town rather than the limits of all inclusive.

The service was also generally OK. the Staff were very nice, although a lot of the serving staff were 18-20 year old students, and so you got the vibe that they didn't really want to be there, they would also take away drinks before they were finished, yet leave a clearly empty plate on the table for ages and walk past at least 5 times, also on a number of occasions the tables would not be re-set from people who had sat at them before, so we had to track down cutlery or get it ourselves. The drinks at the bar again were ok, very strong, and not really a standard measure. One negative I would say is that one evening we had been out by the bar and playing cards, the signage gives the impression that the bar is open beyond 11 but all inclusive finishes at 11. at about 11.05 my Boyfriend asked for some water, the response was "all inclusive is finished" our reply was "but its water....." you already have to buy bottled water daily as the tap water isn't drinkable and its ridiculously hot so refusing to serve water because it wasn't in all inclusive time seemed ridiculous.

We spent about 3 days outside the hotel on excursions but the days we spent by the pool were very nice, lots of sunbeds some without shade, not too busy and despite the signs that said no lilos everyone had one.

it was nice to be able to relax in the room if it got too hot, good air con and good TV channels, one movie channel which was really good, although on one occasion the room wasn't cleaned until 6pm.

The public Wifi is awful if you're anywhere apart from right by reception, but they have the option to pay for wifi- not that I did.

The location is OK- but became void as we didn't once visit Marmaris Beach- we did go to icmeler which was ok, but went mainly out of the hotel on excursions which BY THE WAY we feel we were a little ripped off by, if you do ANYTHING definitely go to Cleopatra Beach, its not in the brochure that we got but I had read about it, we went on a boat trip, Cleopatra beach and turtle beach, if I had to go back in time I would have dropped the boat trip entirely as you do the same things when going to Sedir island/Cleopatra beach, also Dalyan/Turtle beach was missold- we asked how likely we are to see turtles and he said 80%... they only come onto the beach at night, we saw one that was injured and in rehab and very luckily saw 1 in the lake when we were about to leave. but I would probably not do that in hindsight either.

overall I can say it was nice, didn't have any experience that put me off, and it is definitely worth it for the money because it was very cheap. We made some friends and the guests were also very nice, one evening I had left a very sentimental bracelet on a table and it was handed in to reception. although reception just kept it on the desk until the next day- anyone could have taken it really but luckily they didn't as it seems people are a lot more honest than I think they will be.

hopefully this helps you make an informed decision, I would definitely go to Marmaris again, and depending on offers may visit the Hawaii Hotel again but would be tempted to opt for room only.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diana C
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Food shocking nuggets chips flat meatballs were not all children!!!
Staff robotic with no emotions what so ever.Do any of your staff have any manners.
Bed springs coming through the mattress how comfortable i dont think so!!!
Air con never right.
As for the gym equipment pre 1980s home multi gym which is dangerous and needs throwing somebody will get hurt.
The only person there who was great was the guy who does the massage.
Apart from this a complete waste of money.
Im so glad i had to cut my stay short by 4 days.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank duanehope1972
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Nice hotel, great location good food and very comfortable I was with my 11 and 12 years old kids the enjoyed staying there.
there is no Wi-Fi connection in the room you have to pay extra to get it 10 TL/day but its available in the lobby

Room Tip: corner side rooms are the best
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarahyassine2017
SEVAL S, General Manager at Hawaii Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

Dear SarrahYassine2017,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Hotel Hawaii and happy to hear you like locatıon which is definetly a very special one,and like the food service and totaly find the stay comfortable .
Thank you once again and we hope will join us again soon for another stay in Hawaii Hotel.It would be pleasure to welcome you back ...

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on the 12th of June 17 as a 4star all inclusive as a family of 4 only to find out that there was only 5 people in the hotel when we arrived. we had had a long day traveling and couldn't wait to get a bit of food and drink we arrived at 4 which was cake and coffee time ment to off been! Couldn't get 1 all they had to offer us was a warm can of beer!! Nothing else. So we waited till 7 o'clock for tea time the manager came down and told us there is no buffet style food we have to pick from a menu and they will cook it for us but this was ment to of been all inclusive!! Anyway we had a look at the menu and there was no starters and only 4 main meals to choose from and no pudding! There was veal-turkey-chicken- spagbol and every meal came with chips and rice apart from the spagbol and that's it! They also said we have no food for u baby which just broke my heart and after the first night we ended up moving to another hotel and that was sooo much better all tho we had to pay for the move we could not of stayed at this hotel for a week it wasn't a holiday such a disappointment I would never come back to this hotel but the hotel we moved to I would. The location was perfect. if u are going to come here do self catering not all inclusive and it's not very save for children either they only had the pool bar open and if u have children there is no bar round the pool .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Allison R

Dear Allison R.
First of all , we would like to mention that we are sorry to hear such complains, inspite of all our efforts to pleasure our clients.
According to our log book, Allison R and your family arrived and registered to the hotel at 3:59 pm. after the registration procedures are completed, their " all inclusive " bracelets and beverage cards have been issued and delivered to you at 4 p.m. So, the very first service you can get at the time was the coffee break facility which is between 4 and 5 p.m. Hence ,there was no abstacle for you to benefit from the coffee break facility and to get what you wish to drink from the pool bar (all the beverage according to our all inclusive concept-soft drinks,alcohol,hot drinks or fruit juices-was ready to be delivered)untill 11.00 p.m.which is last valid time of the concept.
After coffee break next avaliable food service at 19:30 p.m buffet dinner service and is being prepared according to the number of our customers; no matter what the number of clients. So, there was open buffet facility at the time .But we do not promise to serve any food specific for a child or child buffet service in our all inclusive concept but we always take those kind of requests very seriously and try to fulfill them with our best ability and efforts. So as soon has been informed by you that the food of your choice from our ala carte menu for your baby girl would prepared and delivered with 15-20 minutes of waiting time as free of charge .
Finally, when the hotel change request of the Allison R. family came from the agency,at the very next day,we asked you the reason and been told that you would like to spend your holiday in a more crowded hotel. So since we always give predence of our guest's satisfaction ,your c/out request has been approved with no additional
" Noshow " cost which is the normal and legal right of every hotel company's, So Allison R. family stayed only one night with us.

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

We booked through booking. com and we had spent very enjoyable week in Hawaii .The rooms , maid service perfect ! Not too many choices but very tasty meals, nice and friendly staff, try one of the massage service, ibrahim and his wife doing perfect job ! We will come back soon !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Perry J.
Many thanks for taking your time to write about your stay at Hawaii.
We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.It is great pleasure for us to know that you liked the maid service, the foods and spa service.
We all look nforward for your return soon another memoriable experience. İf I can be of assistance with regards to future booking, please do not hesitate to conract me.