All reviews pool area beach front double room few minutes walk good nights sleep lovely hotel marmaris centre boat trip sunbeds holiday fab season maid chips waiters
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We arrived at the Hawaii and had a room problem, a double bed - wanted 2 single beds! Moved straight away with no fuss. When we got up the following morning, there were few guests staying, breakfast was turkish, and an option for fresh made omelettes. Very nice. In the evening, was same, soup, salad and desserts out but the main course cooked fresh until more guests. Within 4 days the all inc choices were out on display. The bar service was good, no waiter service. Rooms were clean, we didn't have anything in our mini bar due to being moved from one room to another. But we used fridge to keep our water cold! Hawaii is in a great situation, just off the beach front, we picked this for a cheap all inc holiday and had a great time. Will visit again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and the balcony went all the way round so we could see the sea from it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
SEVAL S, General Manager at Hawaii Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Hawaii Hotel.

Please accept our apologize for misunderstanding about bed type ..

We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great pleasure for us to know that you liked our location, cleaning service ,bar service .

We all look forward for your return soon for another great experience. İf I can be of assistance with regards to future booking,please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Very average hotel but situated really well in Marmaris , swimming pool was immaculate kept really clean also had a small children's pool as main pool very deep. The season has not been great for Turkey very few English around (which we thought was great ,but it did impact on service )
The staff work very long hours and only a few speak English,the staff on the desk try reasonably hard but their customer service skills are lacking particularly the youngest member who is deliberately obtuse. Nearly every query or problem was not their fault ,always someone else's and I did feel that they could have at least made recommendations on what could be done. The food was well presented but average, the lift broke down at least three times whilst we were there but the service lift was adequate . The landing areas could be lit better and the huge amount of bleach stains on the corridor carpets need covering up. Our room 315 was delightful and airy the aircon once on for a while was very efficient I think the British have a problem with how aircon works you see loads of complaints but you need to shut all doors and windows for it to work well.
The other advantage to closing the doors /windows etc is the noise level is very low . There was plenty going on outside loads of music live shows etc until late ,but once in our room you heard nothing. The room was lovely but the bed and sofa bed not that comfortable ,my son who can normally sleep anywhere! had a mattress put on top of the sofa bed as it was so uncomfortable, this was dealt with quickly by the older chap on the desk. Paying for wifi in your room was an additional cost but it was calculated per phone which I think was not a good system . Overall I felt a little that the hotel was not doing that well and was taking extra money at any given opportunity, it reflected in the attitude of some of the staff ,always when I go to Turkey I find smiling cheerful faces with the exception of some of the younger waiters in the dining room ,kitchen and bar not enough smiles :-) I don't mind parting with my money if everyone is smiling. This has the potential to be a lovely small hotel it has the basics,- just service with a smile please even though your season has been slow

Room Tip: room 315 bed bit dodgy but really airy space lovely view ,air con good but close the windows and doors
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela C
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I wanted to write an honest review as I read the reviews that varied greatly and therefore didn't know what to expect.

first of all the hotel itself is nice, its a nice building, its clean, the room was nice, generally décor and furnishings are nice. the lobby was comfortable, all the dining was outside (have bug spray). The room was nice, some things a little bit dated such as the bathroom and the balcony and balcony door which was a bit hard to open as the wood had rotted away a bit, but the bedroom section was nice. The only negative was the bed which was very uncomfortable, pillows were really nice but the mattress was super hard I couldn't get a good nights sleep and ended the holiday with quite a bad back (although I usually sleep on a memory foam so perhaps I am spoilt)

The lift was out of order for most of our stay so we had to use the staff lift or the stairs which wasn't an issue, but the carpets of the hallways on our floor were stained by what looked like bleach - again didn't really bother me but just an observation. Apart from that very clean and nice.

The food was OK... sometimes it was really good, sometimes it wasn't very good at all, it was a bit of a gamble, the majority of the meat was veal, so not great if you don't like veal or don't usually eat red meat, disappointed that fish was only served once in our stay for dinner despite it being right next to the sea and there being an abundance of restaurants serving fish in the vicinity. There was a lot of fried food and not a great variety of vegetables, but always fresh salad- although this was always the same. Desert was also very samey, lots of Turkish sweets, so very soaked in Honey and tasting almost identical, on our last day there was an amazing cake though, so this was a nice treat. Overall I would say the food was ok, in hindsight I would have not gotten all inclusive, as our last day had a large cross over between all inclusive ending and our transfer we decided to go out for dinner and the food was phenomenal, it made me realise how average the food at the hotel was and therefore for only £20 for 2 people for 2 amazing fish dinners, beer, and fruit I would definitely visit Marmaris again, but take advantage of the amazing food around the town rather than the limits of all inclusive.

The service was also generally OK. the Staff were very nice, although a lot of the serving staff were 18-20 year old students, and so you got the vibe that they didn't really want to be there, they would also take away drinks before they were finished, yet leave a clearly empty plate on the table for ages and walk past at least 5 times, also on a number of occasions the tables would not be re-set from people who had sat at them before, so we had to track down cutlery or get it ourselves. The drinks at the bar again were ok, very strong, and not really a standard measure. One negative I would say is that one evening we had been out by the bar and playing cards, the signage gives the impression that the bar is open beyond 11 but all inclusive finishes at 11. at about 11.05 my Boyfriend asked for some water, the response was "all inclusive is finished" our reply was "but its water....." you already have to buy bottled water daily as the tap water isn't drinkable and its ridiculously hot so refusing to serve water because it wasn't in all inclusive time seemed ridiculous.

We spent about 3 days outside the hotel on excursions but the days we spent by the pool were very nice, lots of sunbeds some without shade, not too busy and despite the signs that said no lilos everyone had one.

it was nice to be able to relax in the room if it got too hot, good air con and good TV channels, one movie channel which was really good, although on one occasion the room wasn't cleaned until 6pm.

The public Wifi is awful if you're anywhere apart from right by reception, but they have the option to pay for wifi- not that I did.

The location is OK- but became void as we didn't once visit Marmaris Beach- we did go to icmeler which was ok, but went mainly out of the hotel on excursions which BY THE WAY we feel we were a little ripped off by, if you do ANYTHING definitely go to Cleopatra Beach, its not in the brochure that we got but I had read about it, we went on a boat trip, Cleopatra beach and turtle beach, if I had to go back in time I would have dropped the boat trip entirely as you do the same things when going to Sedir island/Cleopatra beach, also Dalyan/Turtle beach was missold- we asked how likely we are to see turtles and he said 80%... they only come onto the beach at night, we saw one that was injured and in rehab and very luckily saw 1 in the lake when we were about to leave. but I would probably not do that in hindsight either.

overall I can say it was nice, didn't have any experience that put me off, and it is definitely worth it for the money because it was very cheap. We made some friends and the guests were also very nice, one evening I had left a very sentimental bracelet on a table and it was handed in to reception. although reception just kept it on the desk until the next day- anyone could have taken it really but luckily they didn't as it seems people are a lot more honest than I think they will be.

hopefully this helps you make an informed decision, I would definitely go to Marmaris again, and depending on offers may visit the Hawaii Hotel again but would be tempted to opt for room only.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diana C
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Food shocking nuggets chips flat meatballs were not all children!!!
Staff robotic with no emotions what so ever.Do any of your staff have any manners.
Bed springs coming through the mattress how comfortable i dont think so!!!
Air con never right.
As for the gym equipment pre 1980s home multi gym which is dangerous and needs throwing somebody will get hurt.
The only person there who was great was the guy who does the massage.
Apart from this a complete waste of money.
Im so glad i had to cut my stay short by 4 days.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank duanehope1972
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Nice hotel, great location good food and very comfortable I was with my 11 and 12 years old kids the enjoyed staying there.
there is no Wi-Fi connection in the room you have to pay extra to get it 10 TL/day but its available in the lobby

Room Tip: corner side rooms are the best
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarahyassine2017
SEVAL S, General Manager at Hawaii Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

Dear SarrahYassine2017,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Hotel Hawaii and happy to hear you like locatıon which is definetly a very special one,and like the food service and totaly find the stay comfortable .
Thank you once again and we hope will join us again soon for another stay in Hawaii Hotel.It would be pleasure to welcome you back ...
Kind Regards,