All reviews beach bar lake victoria lovely balcony a lake view room nice size the location is perfect welcome drink small pool entebbe airport private beach on arrival small hotel perfect stay room was spacious last night yogurt tilapia
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend decided to stay in Entebbe a few days after our safari in Uganda. We found 2 friends online and Im really glad we booked here. The hotel is nice and the staff too. Both me and my friend are vegetarians and they have many vegetarian options on their meny.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2016

I stayed in Room 5 I believe and room 4. I loved it because it is right by the beach. Room 4 has the best view of lake Victoria and a walk a way. Not far from the airport and an hour away from Kampala. the key is when traffic is moving. It is a good place to stay while in Entebbe or your last night or nights before leaving Uganda. Good location and activities around you. You are not far from the local shopping center and not far from various local bar and lounges.

Room Tip: Room 4 will be your first choice and I believe 5, both have the view of the lake.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mudilak
Reviewed June 18, 2016

I gambled on this hotel based on the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor. This hotel does not offer high sleep quality rooms. There is no air conditioning in the rooms, but there is a small noisy fan. The windows and doors are not properly sealed so noise and bugs enter easily. It is a beautiful setting close to the lake, but you have to walk across the street for "beach" access. There is a small restaurant on the beach, but there is no beach access with this hotel. They are in the process of adding on a deck covering the 5 meter wide piece of beach that they had access to. The staff are nice and the service is good, but I will not stay here again. The food is good and it is a beautiful place. I just could not get a god night's sleep here. The breakfast buffet is limited. The pool is extremely small; maybe 5 meters long. There are hammocks and lounge chairs to relax and sleep in next to the pool. The hotel was nice enough to refund me my deposit since I checked out after only (1) night due to no sleep. It is overpriced for what you get. Good luck.

Room Tip: Pool & lake view rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Kyle L
2FriendsBeachHotel, Owner at 2Friends Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Dear guest,

We are terribly sorry to hear that you did not have a good sleep at our place. It is correct that we do not have air conditioning; our big fans are usually enough to provide for a comfortable sleep. We also provide an extra fan upon request.

We do have a wonderful beach bar and restaurant at 2 Friends Beach Hotel, and now as the water level has risen significantly with big waves, we have built a leveled-up terrasse where our sand beach used to be. It is a beautiful terrasse with the view of Lake Victoria.

The breakfast buffet is also usually appreciated by our customers, but again, we are sorry that you didn't enjoy yourself in our hotel.

Regards,

Diana and Jouko

Reviewed June 14, 2016

I've been here twice. The first time after my arrival at Entebbe airport at the end of the day before travelling further to the north-west of Uganda, the second time the opposite just before travelling back home to Amsterdam. It is a nice place to stay. A decent mid class hotel (although a bit expensive for the rating of the hotel) but it have a very nice and cosy restaurant at the lake side. Wonderful tomrelax for a while. Last time however there were just to much flies coming from the lake and after a while we just unfortunately had to leave the place. But this isn'tbvery commen there.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

I spent two nights at 2Friends and would highly recommend it. It's a small hotel with a friendly vibe. The place is well cared for and very clean. The beds are comfortable and enclosed in mosquito nets. There is no air con but a large fan is provided in the room, along with a fridge and kettle etc. The pool provides a welcome opportunity to cool down, although is too small for proper swimming. The lakeside location provides a pleasant view. It's a short walk into town with a shopping mall, including well stocked supermarket, close by. A good choice of breakfast options and the pizzas are great. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends