Open today: 4:00 p.m. - 3:30 a.m.
Review Highlights
Great show and cool place...

Reviewed August 10, 2018
cupcake6627
Amagansett, New York
via mobile
A great place for music and getting together.

Reviewed April 1, 2018
stringali
Hampton Bays, New York
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time seeing Nancy Atlas and all the memorabilia was cool! Im only giving this 3 stars because the A/C was not working right and it was like an oven inside.... it's worth stopping in for a cocktail!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The Stephen Talkhouse is s well known music venue on the east end of long island, in Amagansett, NY. The live music is awesome and the bartenders are very pleasant, taking great care of the customers.
They have many great shows there, including The Stanton Anderson Band this past weekend. We all had a great night!!!u

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Thirty years ago, I managed a rock band in NYC and had them playing every Friday and Saturday, a different venue for every gig, living in my Honda CRX most weekends. Sadly, those days of endless LIVE-act venues no longer exist so it's comforting to know the Stephen Talkhouse is alive and well and thrives in Amagansett. You never know which band will show up, especially my good fortune to see one of Leon Russell's last performances where I was seven feet away, (maybe it was eight feet, but after a few Brooklyn lagers on tap, who's counting?) My only regret? I didn't have my Gibson Marauder to jump on stage and jam...When on the East End, you gotta check out the Talkhouse.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

As the East End has become much more of a year-round community, the Talkhouse benefits. Great Acts, easy access, online tickets and a friendly staff.

Summer is too, too much of a scene when the young, house-share-types converge, however post-Labour Day it's great for everyone and attracts a fun, mixed crowd who all enjoy the music and the scene. WAY better than the EH and SH clubs that attract the same, old Manhattan club crowd - we rate them a "1".

So check the Talkhouse site and score some tix for a local joint w local flair and top talent.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

This place is the best. Intimate, small casual. Great musical guests. So small it really allows the performer to develop a relationship with the audience. Young, old, this place is great if you love music. And it always has an interesting lineup of artists.

Reviewed August 24, 2015

The Stephen Talkhouse is such an awesome place to hear music. They usually have 2 bands, and early show and then another band after. We stayed for both and both shows were awesome, but totally different crowds. The first show was a little older crowd and the second show was much younger, but just as fun. Friends have seen famous folks show up to play. We love this place so much, we now make it an annual event.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

I understand that many a famous artist have played at this venue, but only a local musician was there the night we went. The bar was so crowded that you could not turn around without someone knocking into your extremely overpriced drink. There was some sort of brawl out front, which we were told was fairly common.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This place would thrive just by location, location, location. In the summer, Hamptons see-and-be seeners would show up, pay most any price to see most any artist. The Talkhouse could just coast and succeed on momentum...but they don't. I'm on the email list of 15-20 music venues. Only one asks my opinion (the Talkhouse) in their "would you pay X to see (pick an artist) to perform". I'm sure it's a useful tool for them and keeps me engaged. Their annual Wounded Warrior Benefit is a wonderful cause and they are commended for their effort. What prompts me to write this today is the exceptional treatment we received last night when we went to see THIRD WORLD perform. We showed up early hoping to get one of the scarce seats at the bar. The Manager told us that we didn't need to wait on line and that she would put a reserved sign on the seats that we wanted. When I attempted to tip her upon entry, she simply would not accept it. We spent an hour at the back bar and the bartender there was great. With the band doing a soundcheck an hour before the doors were opened, I entered through an open door (by the back bar) and stood on the side to listen. Most places would have had me leave,...no one said a word to me. When we did enter and sat at our "reserved seats" two bartenders asked our names and remembered them the whole night. As for the place itself, it's old, has character and charm and it's a bar so people will tend to talk. The sound is scaled well for the room. They book great acts and price them fairly. It's just a landmark place and a cultural icon. Long live Stephen Talkhouse...and thanks for your hospitality.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went to see Nancy Atlas at the Talkhouse last weekend. Nancy Atlas is the secret of a perfect night out in the Hamptons. Find the places she is playing, plan your night around it, and everyone will be happy. The Talkhouse is the home away from home for a diverse group of musical talent who can play one night on the incomparable stage and then join the hoi polloi and remain happily unrecognized (one night the three greatest living guitarists came in to watch a new up and comer) and the spiritual home of the two million service members who served in the last decade and came home to the challenge of Soldier Ride (which started in this unique spot). I see that Soldier Ride is coming out with a documentary movie about what Obama has called the single great idea to come out of a bar in his experience. It is difficult to measure what this special place means to both core elements. The music is that good (whether Buffett, Bon Jovi, or Atlas), the audience is thisclose to the performers, and for a lot of 25 to 35 year olds, the experience of the company their age at the Talkhouse is the one important memory they take from a Hamptons weekend. At some point, Hollywood is going to tell the incredible story of this place, and tourists will flock through the building because what is happening now will have been memorialized in celluloid. I would try to catch it now, then you can tell your grandchildren about how it really was.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went to see Rickie Lee Jones, one of my all-time favorite musicians. $110 a ticket did not even get me a seat. I should have sprung for the VIP seats. I could not see, place was packed. I wound up sitting on top of the bar which worked. Unfortunately, 50% of the people there continued to talk throughout the entire show. I guess it is aptly named. They didn't even know who they were seeing. I was really disgusted by the people. $4 for a warm bottle of water.