All reviews banyan tree moon bar rainforest experience private pool rainforest spa tented villas undergoing renovations arabian oryx in villa dining open your eyes farmhouse restaurant tranquil place to stay through luxury escapes bird show complimentary bicycles standard villa bose sound system
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Checked in at 2.30pm, checked out at 3.30pm.
The service was fine during check in, we were welcomed and the check in was very efficient. The staff were polite and helpful.

Room was really poor...with bird droppings everywhere outside and infested with flies and bugs. The wicker furniture and cushions also covered in bird droppings.

The “enclosed” pool area had rusty metal bars with curtains hanging which were like old sheets, also covered in bird droppings. There was a concrete wall on one side and the dirty rags (curtains) hanging to cover the other 2 sides to the pool.

Inside the room not much better, with dead flies, and clear evidence of previous occupants including in the bathroom.

We got offered housekeeping and an engineer...not sure what they would have been able to do. We requested another room but were told there weren’t any, so we decided to check out. At checkout, suddenly there were other rooms available, but weren’t much better so we continued checking out.

Such a shame...but if you compare this hotel to, say, Qasr al Sarab which is a similar price, it is not a fair comparison.

Room Tip: Tent villas looked to be much better than pool villas.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidT7312
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DavidT7312,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I am deeply saddened by​ the experience you had. Please accept my sincerest apologizes for the shortcomings you faced. Your feedback was discussed with the senior leadership team with utmost concern; it is comments like yours that help us improve.

We sincerely hope for an opportunity to provide you with an incredible and memorable Ritz-Carlton experience we strive to provide. Please feel free to email your contact details to amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com and I will be pleased to call you at your convenience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The place would be recommended more in the winter, since the activities offered are outdoor and they are fun.
The room and are expected to small insects due the area of the hotel which is in the desert and by the pool you might find animals passing so you will live the experience.
The pool area would have privacy and there different types of villas with different views to the dessert area.
It is recommended to book the activities upon arrival or before to have every thing set and planned.

1  Thank Merooh A

Dear Merooh A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy the comfort and privacy of your pool villa along with the experiences that the nature reserve has to offer.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in a not so distant future for many more experiences at the Ritz-Carlton in Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, they introduced themselves and went out of their way to make our visit memorable and comfortable. One of the places will always come back to every couple of months. Cart taking us to and back from the rooms took less than 5 min to arrive. The cart took us directly to our car without waiting even at late hours.

1  Thank Asma A

Dear Asma A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our desert oasis. Thank you for appreciating the dedicated service of our Ladies & Gentlemen.

We genuinely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to go somewhere very quiet and tranquil away from the hustle of city life.
This place was just that. Views of wildlife and sand dunes were relaxing and peaceful. Our villa was to a decent standard however there were a few issues which put a slight damper on our experience.
On our first day our toilet got blocked. It seems to have a very small flush hole so we would recommend to flush anything straight away!
The pool light wasn't working throughout our stay so we didn't use the pool at night.
The shower temperature was inconsistent, it kept switching from cold to super hot.
The room had a film of dust which triggered off my rhinitis - which is a rare occasion.
The iron supplied was a faulty one, it kept making a crackling electrical sound, it then triped the meter leaving us in darkness for 20 minutes. I explained this to the staff when they came out to switch the power back on but nothing was suggested. I used the iron again with caution - again the same problem happened. We were left in darkness again for a while. Eventually, I asked for a new iron after fearing that I might be electrocuted. New iron was delivered and the problem was solved. In hindsight, the technical staff should have picked up on this high risk problem.

Next day after breakfast, we returned to our villa only to find our key card wasn't allowing us entry. We called for assistance and waited for some time in the mid morning heat. When a member of staff arrived, he gave us a new key card at the bottom of the walk path and with that drove off in his buggy. By the time we walked back to try again, we realised it still wasn't working and was left in the heat again until the assistant returned after hearing on his radio that we were still locked out. However, when he approached us he was very concerned and apologetic. He admitted his mistake and said he should have checked to see if everything worked before driving off. He tried again with is master key but to no avail. We were told that the key system had malfunctioned which needed technical attention and would take some time. We were delivered back to the restaurant to cool down with some refreshments. Later on in the day, we received from the same assistant a complimentary tray of fruit and juice for the inconvenience caused. It was very thoughtful and kind of him to act in this way, even though the malfunctioning of key system was not in his control.

Following day, we missed the morning slot of house cleaning, so we called in the evening and booked an evening slot instead. We explained to house service that we would leave the villa for dinner so the staff could do their job. They assured us that they would clean it in our absence. But then when we returned, we were disappointed to see that no one had arrived. We then had to vacate the villa again so the cleaning could be carried out. We were told there was a miscommunication and we received a personal apology from the head of house service.
We went for a bike ride after dinner to help with digesting the rich food. The bikes were good but the path was poorly lit and with no bike light it was very difficult at times to see and follow the path. A couple of times we ended up on the dead ends in the sand.
I suggested to the checking out manager Umi, that it would be helpful if the bikes were fitted with something like 'pedalite' which powers light by the rider, so not only would it be eco friendly but safer too!

After all the above, I could not but mention the staff. They were impeccable and indeed gave a 5 star service! Everyone was smiling, helpful and attentive -constantly. But it's so unfortunate to say that the facilities did not match their league and hence for the 3 star rating.
The facilities definitely needs tweaking so it can reflect and complete the beautiful landscape as well the beautiful staff. We would definitely return once the facilities are improved!
Lastly, my husband and I would like to thank Umi for offering us a complimentary lunch before setting out.

1  Thank Zia S
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Zia S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to know that you faced challenges during your stay, please accept my sincerest apologies. At The Ritz-Carlton, the comfort of our guests is our highest mission and I am saddened to learn that your experience was dissatisfying. I have personally shared your comments with my respective department leaders and addressed them with utmost importance.

I would welcome the opportunity to get in touch with you to further discuss the matter. Please contact me at any time via email on amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com, or by calling +971 7 206 7777, and I will reach out to you at your convenience.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

It hurts to say this, but I did not enjoy my stay there, even though I’ve heard positive remarks regarding the place. I do agree that the place is a good getaway place, with authentic nature around you however I was shocked with the unnatural amount of flies and bugs in the room, requested to change rooms only to find more things that affected my getaway, the door lock was broken, the blinds would not come down and I had to call for maintenance in the middle of the night, again the room was changed and I found the room dusty with open utilities, at this point it was near 4 AM and I just gave up and checked out the next day.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Maryam S
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear Maryam S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent experience with us.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies that your experience was not to your expectations. At The Ritz-Carlton, we are passionate about creating meaningful memories for our guests. I was very disappointed to read that we fell short of this during your stay with us. I personally shared your comments with my respective department leaders and addressed them with utmost importance.

I would appreciate if we could further discuss your stay experience in more detail as well to improve the quality of our services.

Best regards,