“Nothing too exciting”

Sharjah Palace Hotel
Ranked #50 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Reviewed 24 August 2013

On a return journey from Ras al Khaimah, I made a last second decision to stay over in Sharjah than to drive on to Jumeirah, Dubai.

As the title suggests, 'it's nothing too exciting' and wouldn't hesitate to rate the Sharjah Palace Hotel nothing more than a good 3* hotel.

It's not situated in the best of surroundings and access to the hotel, although well signposted, isn't easy. If you miss a turning then a 5 mile convoluted round-trip becomes applicable.

Parking is poor - I resorted to park on derelict land adjacent to the hotel; the next day my car was covered in sand. The Sharjah Expo Centre is nearby but it's not walking distance as some might have you believe. Al Ta'waun Street is a major 6 lane route - so crossing it on foot is a bit risky.

The service industry is trying hard in the Emirates to meet and exceed customer satisfaction. In my case it wasn't the best of experiences. It took 4 members of reception staff to check me in. I provided three different cards to settle payment but the credit card terminal rejected each one. In reply they blamed the card / card issuer. In fact their terminal was faulty. I have retained all 3 receipts which state 'No Carrier'. No apology received. 25 mins later I was allocated a room and made the payment on departure.

A buffet breakfast is provided to all guests but proved to be a sombre occasion. No acknowledgement or greetings from staff, dining area was dire and breakfast was fairly basic. I returned for more coffee and they'd closed the buffet without warning.

Concierge staff were attentive and helpful. The deluxe room was comfortable, requires more lighting and there's plenty of sockets to charge phones and tablets. During check-in and out I noticed this hotel was more occupied by 'locals' than travellers or foreigners.

In short, it's great for a nights sleep nothing more.
If you're not driving, this hotel isn't ideal.

Always happy to answer questions.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quieter but there's no view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ISSAT

Reviewed 20 April 2013

one of the worst hotel I ever visited in my life name is sharja palace their is nothing like palace in this hotel hotel managers are not up to standards front office is worst they don't knw wat to do all time confuse even FOM not responsible they don't care.
Before visiting hotel i called to check my booking is confirmed or no for that that they transfer my call to 5 persons very poor service but resturant staff are ok

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

That was my first time to live in this hotel with my colleagues as well as my bosses, in location wise, we tried this hotel because it was situated much more nearer to the exhibition centre compared with Rolla hotel. Just 5 mins drive or just 10-15 mins walk to there. I was so appreciated with the hotel staff services, they were polite, fast respond to our needs and responsible. Moreover, their free breakfast buffet was amazing, had many selections but only they were the same everyday.
The hotel rooms and public areas were very clean and tidy, nothing to be blamed but only a bit strange of the room keys, don't know why it can't work properly and need to be resumed every night. Besides the room door had 'beep' sound everytime when we closed the door, although it lasted for only 2 mins but it was still annoying us!
It was also convenient to Sharjah city centre too, 10 mins drive and there were some fast food shops nearby such as food basket, subway and Caesar restaurant. It can be a good option if you want to find a place in Sharjah!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is needed some more attention from the owner. Its like to be discussing in a few years later. If you rally care of the investment you have to be more visible in the hotel. I am not satisfied on the overall maintenance of the two rooms i have been in.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank hani-KSA
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Well priced as for a hotel really close to Dubai (some 500 m to the emirate border) and good amenities and nice personel.

Some fast foods around (subway, BK) and easy to get to DXB airport (15mins by taxi). Ask at the reception how to avoid sharjah-dubai extra fee on taxis.
10 mins by taxi to the nearest metro in Dubai. Close to Al mamzar beach park.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I was in a bind because my other hotel was booked and I could not extend. I got on another website looking for savings in hotel costs. I found this hotel was one of the lower in my price range, but I noticed it was close to the Dubai International Airport. I grabbed it...

The lobby is clean, and the staff were very polite. Check-in process took a bit, as I was a tad early (1pm vs 2pm check-in). But they were accomadating. Note, I ended up in a smoking room
:( But the smell wasnt bad overall. However, the price savings site asked me if I wanted smoking or non-smoking, and I chose the later. I could have swapped to non-smoking, but would have had to wait for an hour...I just went with it.

My room was a two single-bed room. The clerk kept saying "you know your in a double single-bed". I was thinking "yeah, two twin beds are ok". No..they are SINGLE beds, a little smaller than twin. HOWEVER, they are COMFY! The pillows were great, the mattress was wonderful...so much so that as I was lying there I fell asleep for 5 HOURS! Oops!

There is internet in the room, with ethernet cable supplied. I prefer wired over wireless, so I was happy with it. Sometimes a bit slow, but it's free.

I'm on the 12th floor, and it faces the main roadway through this area...not bad, but you can hear the traffic noise below. Not a big deal considering I've been in Afghanistan for 4 months, and I like traffic noise MUCH MORE than rocket attacks :)

BIG NOTE: They turn OFF the hotwater when the room is not in use. There is a switch on the wall that is labeled "HOT WATER". You have to turn this on and let the water heat up in advance. Just remember that!

Room Tip: Ensure you specify smoking or non-somking!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank yallaen
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sharjah Palace Hotel for 5 nights in Feb. 2013. I must admit that we never went up to the 14th floor, where the pool, gym and massage are, as we were out with friends every day and late in most nights. We did eat in our room one evening, it was delivered quite quickly and very nice, as well as reasonably priced. The breakfasts were acceptable - remember, no bacon there! There was a chef to cook a fresh omelette with a choice of fillings, as well as a choice of other, ready cooked items. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and although we absent mindedly left a substantial amount of money in our room once, it was still there when we returned, after the room had been cleaned. We have been advised that there are better and cheaper places to stay in Sharjah, but this was more than adequate for us. Only one fairly minor complaint was that on our last morning, there wasn't any hot water for a shower. Having said that. the cold water wasn't that cold. so it woke us up. Would return, but would probably try elsewhere first.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with a sea view, ours was south facing, on the 10th floor and very good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple