“First hotel stay with our 7 months' old son” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Holiday International Sharjah
Ranked #15 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Dhaka
“First hotel stay with our 7 months' old son”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Sharjah was our first stopover in the overall tour that we had in last April. And as this was our first time abroad with our 7 months' old son, thus we were highly apprehensive about almost everything. However, the hotel experience was really good. They arranged a crib and enough pillows shorlty after we checked in with which I could easily prepare a comfortable bed for my son. View from the balcony attached to our room was excellent, especially at night. Breakfast menu was also good with ample variations of fruits. They had a beautiful swimming pool with green lawn around it. The hotel also has some good restaurants nearby, especially Burger King, Dunkin Donuts etc. Just that the hotel is little far (not within walking distance) from the shopping malls, except that everything else was good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NaimaSultana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I had been to Sharjah for a Business trip & was accompanied by my wife. The hotel which we were put in was very nice & the location of the hotel was awesome! Incredibly, the hotel served stunning Indian Breakfast along with Continental food. The room was cosy & comfortable & had a stunning view of Buhaira Corniche & the Lagoon. The staff were polite & very professional. Overall a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RaviChalgeri
Flensburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

I have book a last minute trip to Dubai for three nights.

I liked the hotel, The room I had was on the eighth floor. It was nothing special but clean and comfortable. Since I came there late in the evening (after midnight) and I was hungry I ordered supper from the room service. The food was good and not expensive.
During daytime I did sightseeing in Dubai so I did not spend a lot of time in the hotel. When I came back, I could relax in the Jacuzzi or the outside pool. The spa area (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room) was not the most modern facility but good enough to relax.
I have had two free meals in my package, breakfast and either lunch or supper. The buffet was okay, a wide choice of different foods. In the evenings they have changing themes for their buffet, e.g. Caribbean or Arabian or seafood buffet.
On one day I forgot to remove the "do not disturb" sign from my door knob and when I came back in the evening my room has not been made up and when I asked at the front desk if I could at least have some new towels, they said that it was not a problem and sent the room service to my room who made up I room in the evening in no time.
Overall I was very satisfied with my stay at the Holiday International.
The Blue Souk (Central Market) is located only a few walking minutes away from the hotel. There you can go for a strawl and buy souvenirs and so on and is not as crowded as the souks in Deira and Bur Dubai and the shop owners are less importunate as the ones in Dubai.
The only downside was the distance to Dubai. They have offered free shuttles to the beach and to Dubai but I never made it, so I had to use public transportation instead. There is a bus station located between 10 and 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel near the fishmarket from where buses go to Deira on a regular basis which only cost 5 Dirhams (~ 1 Euro / 1.5 USD). But the traffic in the Dubai area is horrible and it took almost an hour to get to Deira. Same thing on the way back home. Next time I would try to find a hotel closer to Dubai to save the time used for the bus travel, but apart from that I was quite pleased with the Holiday International.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

The hotel may not be that famous but the service is good.The staff is helpfull.The swimming pool is nice.A small beach is good.The gerden is beautifull.Hotel is quiet and good for stay with family.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Baroda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

This is better located in Sharjah city as comapre to traveling from Dubai everyday. It is lesser expensive than SAS RADISSION, Sharjah.

Rooms and facilities are good, they do provide visa service, pickup and drop service and city tours of Dubai, Sharjah.

View from room is good having Sharjah gold market and continious moving traffic.

A nice dates shop offering variety of arabian dates is nearby to this hotel, don;t miss to visit that shop.

Per night stay would be approx 400 Dirhams.

• Liked — Value for Money
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vienna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

I stayed three nights in the hotel during July 2008.

We were picked up from Dubai airport in the late evening - no problem at all. The driver was waiting for our party and we were taken to the hotel in an airconditioned bus.

I got a room on the 7th floor, overlooking the lagoon. I even had a balcony but due to the weather and the heat, the doors to the balcony were shut and you couldn't access it. So I just could overlook it from inside. The aircondition was running with full power and it was a bit too cold for me... but you could turn it down, no problem. The bed was comfortable, bathroom also ok.

The staff was very friendly and tried to satisfy all customer needs. I stained one of my shirts during my stay and I got it cleaned within 2 hours in the evening (normally it takes 1/2 day). For Western Europeans: Please be advised that in Sharjah there is no alcohol served, it was not possible to get wine or beer in the hotel (in Dubai, it would).

One thing you could nag about: The food. Breakfast was ok, there was a good selection but nevertheless the quality was not up to 4 stars. However, you will not starve. The evening buffet is really nothing special. You should rather try to get something at one of the great restaurants around (I would recommend Lebanese kitchen).

Traffic is terrible, it says 20 minutes from Dubai - probably when there is no traffic. In rush hour, you should account for 1 hour, probably more.

To summarize: for us the location was ideal (we had some meetings in Sharjah), however if going to Dubai, I might recommend to find something directly in Dubai (mostly because of the traffic). Also, try to eat outside the hotel, the food is not too good (the fish restaurant was closed, so we couldn't try this one). Rooms and beds are ok, from this point of view everything was ok.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Food and location (due to traffic jams)
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Mastemah
The Med
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2007

Unlike the first reviewer, I rate this hotel as being excellent value for money and a thoroughly good place to stay.

It is not so opulent as the 5* hotels in Dubai, but my room was in immaculate condition and furnished simply, with cherry style light wood, with a comfortable queen sized bed and en suite bathtub.

The service was excellent and the location, near the city centre, convenient.

I would recommend this hotel and will stay here next time I am in Sharjah.

Stayed February 2007