I have been to this property 3 times after going to work in Argentina. The location is by a river and near a lot of farms, rolling hills, and a short ride from the town of Carmelo. The villas are great and there is a relaxing atmosphere. My only problem with this hotel is that the food is not up to par with the rest of the facilities. The only thing I have found that is ok is breakfast and lunch items by the pool because expectations for these is not as great as a fine dinner.
I suggest you go eat at Finca Narbona instead. I believe it is owned by the same group.The only difference is that the food at Finca Narbona is very good as well as the wines, cheeses and jams that they produce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently gold-listed as Uruguay's top resort, we offer 44 bungalows and bi-level luxury suites 30 minutes by plane from Buenos Aires or 2 hours by boat. Enjoy world-class golf, wine-inspired spa treatments, and dedicated service during your stay in Carmelo, Uruguay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carmelo Resort & Spa, A Hyatt Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Carmelo
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Carmelo
- Carmelo Four Seasons