Review Highlights
Ly was amazing!

My friend and I went to get some clothes (pants, tops, skirts and dresses) made at 4pm and they... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Molly C
Excellent

We saw a couple of men’s short sleeved shirts on display as we were walking away from one of the... read more

Reviewed January 15, 2019
DHHWWH
Edmonton, Canada
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Huong Ly's Tailor shop doesn't stand out particularly from others in the ancient town but the service we've had from Miss Ly on a couple of visits in the last few years has been outstanding. Turnaround times were impressive, the quality is bang on and the price translates into excellent value.

If you're in the market for a fitting and you find yourself sitting across the table from the very capable Miss Ly...... relax, you're in good hands.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Eddy O
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Got 2 shirts made in 2 hours. And they look fantastic. So happy with the finished product and the service fantastic work.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank G1908TXkarenp
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Ly runs the shop and her husband and brother in law are the tailors (who works somewhere else close by). Service was excellent. There are dozens of tailors in Hoi An, and this shop didn't really stand out so we were very lucky we found it.

I had a selection of short and long sleeve shirts made here, and a winter jacket. Ly basically designed my jacket from a selection of photos of different items we found together on the internet on her iPad and my best attempts at explaining the look I was after. And it was perfect.

Like most tailors in this part of the world, the more photos you have of something you want replicated (or even an original), the more accurate they will turn out to be, but my made to measure shirts using their core designs, were great.

I had all my stuff turned around in under 24 hours, including a fitting half way through.

They do suits as well and I'd have no hesitation in getting my next one(s) from them.
Unfortunately I didn't have any suits close to retirement at the time we visited, so didn't have the need to get one done. I asked Ly to measure up my trouser/pants sizing anyway, so I will have the option later.

Ly will keep your measurements on file for 2 years and you can email her additional orders (and the all important photos), she can email you back a selection of fabrics, and you can pay by PayPal - about AUD$20 for delivery.

When visiting in person, my tip (which I learnt in Thailand a few years ago) is to visit the store pretty much as soon as you've arrived and settled into your hotel - then plan the rest of your sightseeing around the fittings so you can get your stuff finalised with plenty of time to then try and pack it all away in your luggage.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

I am surprised by the lack of reviews for this shop, as they are extremely good at what they do.

The first impression when you walk past is not good, it’s a small store with a lot of mannequins and looks dirty and poor quality.

The reality is that Huong and her daughter and very nice and do an amazing job, so much so that I ended up ordering 2 extra shirts after the first fitting (didn’t need another).

They don’t have the range of other larger shops, but they also aren’t as expensive and the quality is just as good as the big guys.

Give them a go and you will be able impressed.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

Tailor made 2 qipaos with different designs and colours here for USD75. Lady boss was most meticulous and professional - when we went back to collect the next day some adjustments had to be made which she did immediately. Extremely satisfied with both qipaos and would definitely recommend!!

Date of experience: December 2017