Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Hoi An Motorbike Adventures
from US$65.00
from US$98.47
from US$98.47
from US$148.72
1,619 results
All reviews day trip hai van pass our tour guide rice paddies cham temple these guys da nang great adventure monkey mountain my partner an excellent guide mechanic pillion riders countryside bikes scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2015

A plume of blue exhaust smoke from a Russian Minsk 2 stroke of questionable vintage revealed the location of Mark, our Aussie guide, in the distance. For some reason his bike was smoking more than the others on this ride, which was a good thing if you were inclined to be interested in not getting lost.
My travelling buddy Dion, and I, had booked the day long ride with Hoi An Motorbike Adventures prior to arriving from Canada and largely based on the Tripadvisor comments.
We both own modern BMW motorcycles at home so throwing a leg over the old mighty Minsk 125cc 2 stroke with no instrumentation and kick start came with a bit of a learning curve. In fact it gave the phrase, 'Smokin', a whole new meaning. However, once we had ridden a few miles I got used to the fact that apparently during the assembly of these bikes back in dear old Belarus, torque values, tolerances and other engineering minutiae were just suggestions. No matter, by the end of the day I'd grown very fond of Ivan or was it Ivana?
Along the way we encountered Buddhist temples, rice paddies (out of season), burial places, authentic Vietnamese food, the best Vietnamese coffee I've ever tasted, (actually the only Vietnamese coffee I've ever tasted), floating bridges,some challenging off road sections of sand and mud, an abandoned USMC base at An Hoa (only the runway left), water buffalo and a trip with your motorcycle by canoe across a river. Eat your heart out Ewan and Charley! You're not going to find a days entertainment like that in too many places.
An excellent day's adventure and highly recommended if you find your self in Hoi An - or even if you don't.

3  Thank cymro1949
Reviewed November 6, 2015 via mobile

Travelling Vietnam with my family and me and my dad did this day trip to get away from the girls. They had the option of an automatic scooter if you can't ride a motorbike but the motorbikes are simple to ride. A cool day out checking out rice fields etc and stoping and drinking local coffee along the way.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed November 6, 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful day with Tony. He was informative, relaxed and fun. It was enjoyable sitting with Tony and Tien (sorry about the spelling) between sites chatting about life in Vietnam.

I felt like we saw the far corners of Vietnam on this trip. We saw historical sites, beautiful scenery and enjoyed traditional food.

Although this tour is a little expensive by Vietnam your standards I would definitely recommend this company. This is definitely a case of getting what you pay for. Professional staff and everything inclusive.

There were enough breaks that your bottom doesn't get too sore. Anyone who knows how uncomfortable a whole day of motorbike riding can become will appreciate this.

The wet weather gear is great quality and included in the tour. So great that you aren't all that bothered by the rain. It will inevitably rain at some time throughout the day if you visit Vietnam during the wet season.

I rode pillion on the back with my husband driving. He is a real bike junkie so I will let him express his love of the motorbike on his own review. But, from the point of a non-bike enthusiast, I had an absolute ball!!

I felt truly immersed in Vietnam during this tour. Thank you!

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed November 4, 2015

Six day monkey madness tour. This is without a doubt, the best activity I've ever spent my money on. It was made plain that the Minsk motorcycles were very far from modern and had "character". Modern Japanese bikes are also available. I chose to ride a Minsk the whole time and absolutely loved it. If you aren't up for the vagaries of an old two-stroke Soviet era bike, then go for something modern, but IMO, you're missing out if you do, the Minsks are a hoot and huge fun on the roads in question.

The riding was interesting from start to finish, frequently the most fun I've had with my clothes on, scenery spectacular, tour guides and support crew simply outstanding, food, accommodation and side visits all excellent. I could eulogise about the whole thing from now until Christmas and still not be finished. If you are a biker and think you might like this, do it, it will knock your socks off. Massive thanks to all involved: Lee, Mark and Leanne and crew - I simply couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Reviewed November 4, 2015

Recently completed the six day, five night Monkey Madness Tour and cannot recommend it enough.

1100km of awesomeness on the Soviet Minsk's was a ton of fun.

The team are brilliant, they take every effort to give you an action packed, informative, smooth, rich cultural experience.

The capability and knowledge of the tour guides (Lee & Mark) is first class, they are reliable, dependable and fun to hang with.

The support team and local mechanics and translator earn their pay working hard behind the scenes to keep the bikes going and the good times rolling.

We biked through breath-taking scenery and windy mountain passes, over rice paddies, through villages of cheering locals, high fiving the kids. We stayed in huts in the jungle, feasted in tribal community halls and had lunch with a tribal king.

The accomodation was first rate, the food and coffee was vietnamese and their was plenty of opportunities to get immersed in the real central vietnam off the beaten track.

Not often is a tour much, much better than the brochure and your expectations, but this team delivers the goods.

Stop thinking about it, and book your trip now.