“Everything was excellent”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Went to this restaurant without reading any reviews.

My wife and I ordered shredded chicken salad, whole red snapper, veggie fried rice and some sort of pork fried noodles (my wife ordered that one so I don't know exactly what that was called).

The food was above average for Vietnam standards. My Vietnamese wife loved everything and usually she claims that our meals are "so-so". Great location, an old-world atmosphere and fair prices.

2  Thank Murray1988

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Restaurant was full on the bottom storey so we thought OK lets give it a go. We got a table upstairs which was also pretty full, I'm thinking " must have a winner here!". When we ordered our first 4 selections from the menu were "sorry not got" ,should have left then!
We persisted and both ordered chicken dishes, vietnamese roast chicken and a chicken caesar salad. When the dishes arrived we thought we had someone elses order, neither bore any resemblance to what was expected. Tiny bits of chicken surrounded by tomato and cucumber was "vietnamese roast chicken. The caesar salad was a bowl of salad with the same chicken on a separte plate with some vinagrette dressing,a baguette and a small dish of parmasan cheese. Do it yourself Caesar salad.. We may by coincidence have selected the 2 poorest dishes on the menu but I don't think so. There are better places at a better price.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Our group went here for Christmas party. I took the most expensive set menu which was uninspiring - the fusion shrimp salad had not herbs or spices, the banana flambé was not flambéed, I don't even remember the main course. Two friends had fish which was seriously undercooked and two friends also fell ill that night.

The only high spot was the cocktails.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Great location, but food is nothing special -- I would say tasteless, prices are so so, you can eat so much better in Hoi An for less money. If you stay here for less than a week, then definitely go and choose something else :))

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Definitely the worst restaurant we visited in Hoi An! It looked nice from outside and the welcome seemed friendly but don't be fooled - the food was awful. White rose which seemed stodgy, tasteless and with little sign of any filling. The fresh spring rolls did not have the delicate fresh taste of other restaurants rather a few large chunky pieces of filling with a watery dipping sauce. The mains were much worse though. The Vietnamese roast chicken was a plain grilled chicken breast with plain rice. The red snapper with chilli was small, very dry, lacking any sauce and was not in fact red snapper.

On pointing these things out we got a very surreal smiling nod as the waitress's previously OK English seemed to desert her. I guess we should have paid attention to the (Dutch I think) couple who as we arrived seemed to be questioning whether they had received the food they had ordered. At the end I mentioned it was a particularly bad meal which was greeted with more smiles and nodding - by this time that seemed funny.....