“AVOID!!!!!”

Ranked #142 of 244 Hoi An B&B and Inns
derbyshire
“AVOID!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The tripadvisor says it all! This is the worst service i have had in 4 months in south east asia! They expect you to book every trip with them an if you dont the staff are sooo rude!! Any little thing you ask them to do is a HUGE problem, such as asking to borrow the phone and them replying very rudely you dont borrow you pay, any where else we have been has been more than happy to help!! They are not helpful at all and the only time she spoke in a decent manner to me and my girlfriend is when she tryed to get us to go to her sisters tailor shop, which is not on when yoi go to your hotel to get away from people selling you stuff!! Also DO NOT believe they have a swimming pool or breakfast which is says on the leaflet because the breakfast is not included, yoi have to pay extra and The swimming pool is not in the hotel it is a good ten minutes walk and then the pool is not worth going in!!!! DONT TAKE THE RISK STAYING HERE!! RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a bad backpackers stop!!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank therams_1884

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 12 March 2012

After riding around the city on our bike looking for hotels/guesthouses, we finally decided to settle on this one. The cheapest price we could find around the city was 250,000 vnd. Hoa My was offering rooms for this price, so I checked out the room and it looked nice, decently clean, and had all of the amenities we were looking for (a/c, hot water shower, wifi, t.v., fridge). We agreed to take the room for one night.

At first the receptionist was really nice, smiley, friendly, and very helpful. We were asking her about the prices of trains from Danang to Nha Trang. We've been riding our bike from Hanoi down and running short on time so we wanted to put our bike on the train to save some time. She called for prices of the train and said it was fully booked. We believed her (which we shouldn't have). She offered for us to put out bike on a bus instead, insisting that this bus company is reputable and reliable. She gave us the price... it was a little steep but we went against our intuition (of asking around for prices) and we booked with her. I specifically asked her if the gas that they take out of our motorbike will be carried on to Nha Trang with us... she said yes. They just suck the gas out of the tank and they will refill it into the tank once we get to Nha Trang. She said the big bus will pick us up in front of the hotel (I was doubtful of this, because the big buses never pick up door front... it's always a mini bus). I asked her on two seperate occasions if the big bus was coming to the hotel... she said yes. Comes around to pick up time... she says we need to ride out to the bus station, as the bus is NOT coming to pick us up. Surprise, surprise!

When we got out to the bus station, they siphon out all of our gas and pour it into their own motorbikes! I asked them what they are doing, and they said they can't take it on the bus so their only option is to take it and pour it into their own gas tanks. At this point, I am FUMING! I call the hotel and spoke with the receptionist that booked our bus ticket. She asked to speak to the bus operator (who is a whole other negative story - do not travel with 'Cuc Tung' bus company)... I gave him the phone. He talks to her, yelling, and throws my phone back at me. I understand Vietnamese, so I am not left in the loop as to what is going on. She tries to tell me that they can't take the gas on the bus because they are afraid it will blow up. Fair enough, but if you are wrong and give customers incorrect information, admit it and apologize. They literally stole over 100,000 vnd worth of gas from us. All she says is "well there is nothing you can do. Even if it is 200,000 vnd, you just have to accept it!". So rude! She and the bus company could have dealt with the situation in a much better fashion, but rather they were just AWFUL!

On their pamphlet, it says internet and breakfast are included in the price. I also saw on a paper behind the reception that breakfast time is 7:30-9:30am. I asked to double check so we could be up in time to have our free breakfast. She said there is no breakfast included. If you want you can order from the menu but you have to pay. I said on the brouchure it says that breakfast comes with it, she says "no, if you want food you have to pay". False advertisment.

The hotel it self is decent. If you do go against everyone else's warnings on here and decide to stay here, DO NOT book any tours, travel, etc. with them. You will be sorry.

Please do not support people like this. They make Vietnam and Vietnamese people look terrible. If this was my first experience in Vietnam I don't know if I would ever come back. They ruined my trip to Hoi An. What a shame.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MissLieng

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed there just for one night and I do agreed with everyone on here said about the hotel and the boss daughter(receptionist.) They just want to rip off anyone traveling to Hoi An. I didn't feel comfortable stay at this hotel whatsoever. The only reason why I've stayed at this hotel is because of my traveling partner.

Yes, around 8 pm the receptionist did ring the bell at our room and asking if she can show the room while we are in there. Now that's a classic.

Yes, they are a pusher. Do you want to buy this tour? Do you want to buy this bus tour blah blah blah...Bus route from Hoi An to Danang is costing around 15,000d. They trying to book it for me for only 100,000d. (I do understand this is a business but ripping me off is not going to happen.) And, yes I was like NO, I can go to the bus station and just hop on the bus for 15,000d.

DO NOT stay here...go else where. I dislike Hoi An because of this. Beside the old town architect, Hoi An is just like any tourist destination in the world. A place for the local to ripping the tourist off.

I am truly dislike the whole experience in Hoi An. I am a Vietnamese/American backpacking through my own country. Yes i do speak Vietnamese and yes i did confront all of vendors trying to ripping my American travel partner.

If you know Vietnam, then you will understand this, how can thing in Hoi An cost more than thing in Saigon??? I will challenge anyone.

Tourist, I do understand Vietnam is cheap to you guys but do understand this, do not let the local in Hoi An ripping you off. But do not try to inflate the price because I am a tourist. Soon or later, most tourists are smart enough to figure this out. They will not return to the area.

Beside Hoi An, most tourist destinations in Vietnam are very decent. Hope this will help some people...

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank 123travelers
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Staying here for one night with the hesitating feeling. The receptionist said I can stay in 4 bed room alone because there is no free room tonight then next day she will move me to another room upstairs (I'm staying on the first room on the first floor behind the reception desk.

Well, while the girl was writing my detail after I refused to hand her my passport I then saw a paper on the wall said there is a pool and breakfast. I asked her the room is included breakfast, she said no you have to pay. I said where is that place? She said second hotel which means her boss owns both 2 hotels.then she said it's more expensive in second hotel; 20 us dollars.

About 9 pm she knocked my door and said she can't give me the room because her boss messed up the booking by agreeing to give my room away but don't worry she will transfer me to the second hotel which is CHEAPER $12!!! What a liar! I said no I will move to another hotel nearby.

Besides, the same girl is very pushy, always wants to sell tours, bus tickets, cooking class and so on.
All tours she tried to sell to me are more expensive than others. Remember they just want money if they waste their time talking to you more than 5 minutes..so, try to avoid and don't give them business.

Another issue is it is very noisy and annoying. At 11.30pm staff still making noise; cleaning, banging, open and close the doors and doing something with plastic bags..omg I want to sleep. Next day about 6 am they started making noise, shouting when they talked which obviously they don't care who still in bed because they got your money already.

Stay elsewhere if you don't want them to ruin your stay.

Oh! I got to thanks her to cancel my room coz otherwise I perhaps had had to stay one more night and felt disgusted.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Sandy K
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Oh dear where do I start...? They tried to charge us 15dollar for 1st night we then made friends with canadians-they were getting charged 10dollar,so we kicked up a fuss.they changed our price-grudged!! They charged us for aircon it did not work! They said breakfast was included (free) then they hit us with a bill at checkout for breakfast even though it states in there leaflet it's included!!! They tried to overcharge us for laundry!!! Reception was awful do not give them your passport!! They are robbing sods and nasty! I wish I'd read the reviews before.I blame myself as no one forced me there! I just took on what they said and believed everything!please make a point and unite with us all in the backpacker way and do not give them the business -there are many hotels near that deserve the business more!!! Please take not of this.we are young scots and tell the truth.also at checking they said the pool was in the hotel and it clearly wasn't,they also switCh the wifi off so you can't use it and when u question this they all of a sudden Dont speak english!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Ryand1875
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The good.
We had a room on the top floor which was quiet, free internet, clean, lovely lovely laundry ladies! Pretty clean.

The bad.
Our room leaked in the rain, leaving a giant puddle of water in our bedroom.

The ugly.
The lady on reception is horrible. She is rude and tells lies. On the day we were leaving she rang our room at 6.45am to tell us to get up and get out of our room (check out is at 10!) She told us we needed to be down to pay the bill as we had to catch a bus, which made me cross as I had offered to settle the bill the night before so there was no rush. We went back to bed for about ten minutes before she called again! Getting quite irrate when we said we'd be down when we were ready, in the end we unplugged the phone...
We ended up waiting in reception for 2 hours for our bus, which had been delayed due to flooding! In this time she was able to turn the rooms around ready for the people getting off the bus which we were getting on. Very sneaky. We were saddened that she ruined our stay in this way and treated us badly. She also tried to flog us places to get clothes made and didn't appreciate it when we didn't want to take her advice. We basically tried to avoid her and she treated us poorly when she realised the only money we would make her was the room rate.

Go next door (as you are looking at the hotel, the one on the right) - they may all be linked, but we had our breakfast there most days and they are much more friendly and rumour has it, it even has a pool!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
styles_c
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We arrived, like most, due to our bus stopping outside Hoa My hotel. Our room looked great for $10 and we got a receipt to confirm the price. They held our passports and wouldn't return them after they were registered with the police unless we paid them money. In the morning someone tried to get into our room and as we walked out at lunch time we were told to leave our room. There was a leak. We are sent to an awful hotel they own. We are told another room in Hoa My will be free at 4pm. We check the room. They're not leaving for days. We meet a couple who are moving into our room in 30 mins??? I question the really rude and screaming receptionist who is adamant we're leaving. I explain we want to simply swap with the couple. Everything is sorted out after much swearing at me and my girlfriend in Vietnamese ( among some of the only words i happen to know). When we check out after 3 days they try and charge us more for non existent mini bar items which i had taken a photo of encase of such a tactic.

Everyone i reception that day had experienced some form of theft, price increase, eviction or abuse. This is the worst place I've ever stayed in all the countries I've traveled.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple